13c for a t14 map in a dead league

"
Orbaal wrote:
"
Fermistats wrote:

First, I am very new to the game. Been playing about 3 weeks. Level 82 is my highest character. I would say I "sustain" t6 maps, and once or twice a day I get to run a t7 or t8 map. I fill in every new map for bonus objective, and I'm at 52% on the atlas. I run them at rare, not really trying for Pack Size, although they are usually over 20%.

Hey there,

welcome to poe :)

Running lower tier maps in this league isnt bad as long as you can clear incursions well.
This way you can build the temple you want to and loot potential upgrades.
However more importantly: The temples level will be determined by the average level of the 3 highest incursion you entered (not even completed). So if you build a temple with a tier 3 map room, you want to complete the temple on the 3 highest maps you have. Say its 3 t8s. Even if you achieve nothing in t8 incursions, its still good.
Now the temple is also t8, every mob can drop maps of that tier and the map room will also drop accordingly.

Also as a general advice:
Invite Zana to your hideout, do her daily mission every day and check her inventory for maps she sells.
If you share daily missions and her map pool with your son, you should be able to level Zana and unlock more maps to sustain higher tiers quickly.

Another important trick to unlock maps is to vendor 3x the same map and get another map 1 tier higher in return. Again: If you share your pool with your son and you do the unlocks together, both of you should be doing a lot better in the long run.

Have a good one and enjoy

ok. this is interesting. my experience has been different.

my housemate builds his temples from lower level maps than i, but gets better maps drops than i do. his rooms tend to be higher tier than mine. he gets gets maps above the tiers he uses to build his temple. the highest level maps i get are usually well below the tier used to build the temple.

atm, he is building his temples from t3/4/5 maps and getting t8/t9 map drops. i am building my temples from t8/t9 maps and mostly the map drops from my surveyors studies max out at t5, but my rooms are mostly t1 and t2. annoying, coz i think at least one map should be as high as the average tier map used to build the temple.
So many theories...I prefer to trust the wiki;

Mechanics

After 11 incursions, Alva Valai will open a portal to the temple. The temple contains different rooms inside a single area. The area level of the temple is determined by the average level of zones a player opened incursions in plus 4 levels, however its capped at the highest level of one of incursion the player did open.[citation needed]

For example a player opened:

6 incursions at area level 78 (map tier 11)
3 incursions at area level 79 (map tier 12)
1 incursion at area level 81 (map tier 14)
1 incursion at area level 83 (map tier 16)
equals an average of area level 79 (map tier 12) plus 4 levels which results in area level 83.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info