13c for a t14 map in a dead league

Did clear T16 map with 155IIQ/60IIR/40PACK (not sure of rolls but something like that)
NOT SINGLE +T11 DROPPED.

Did Temple 83 area with 5IIQ.
4xT16 dropped.

Lol this game really makes sense.

Embarassing to not sustain maps in this league?
Rolled 4 more of T16 with some sort of suicide mods and rolls were very good. Big expects for upcoming map drops. After all 4 maps, not single T14-T16 dropped.

Well, we have Temple now so i assume maps dont need to drop maps anymore right?
Last edited by FinYuna on Jun 25, 2018, 6:59:53 PM
"
Orbaal wrote:
"
HappyRogue wrote:
Still a valid point since you fuckers are swimming in thousands upon thousands of maps. Then there's no reason for a demand to exist unless it's a streamer fuckboi making bulk orders but all you asshats ever want to do is profit. That's not solely directed to the people who replied but the community as a whole.

This isnt communism mate.

If you suck at the game, you suck at the game.
However your reaction is not trying to improve, but to insult better players and call them filthy capitalists profiting of the poor - which is wrong.

Its better and more successful players selling their stuff to worse players, who cant manage to build a healthy map pool on their own.
Thats not unfair, thats how it should be.
Knowledge, experience and effort should be profitable whereas incompetence should be punished.

Improve or pay

+100000
I literally got 5 maps from one of the two maps I played today.

WTF tencent fix your RNG, im trying to roleplay as a shipwrecked exile subsisting on meagre drops. Stop handing me everything on a silver platter you sellouts. Map drop rate should be further reduced so I can get a more significant dopamine rush when I find them.
Last edited by ThePathOfExileTM on Jun 26, 2018, 1:58:38 AM
"
It's fucking embarrassing if you can't sustain maps this league like straight up.

I'm literally farming guardian maps and selling them

I havent bought a map past 4 days and I constantly run T13/T14/T15.

Temple is vomiting insane amount of maps,I got 3 guardian maps from 1 of my temple runs
Yeah because your very personal experiences totally describe how the RNG math applies to the game. This league maps drops from everywhere, i have 4 stashes full of t11+ and they keep coming especially through the temple that for me is level 83, which is basically a very big t15 map and i always prioritize map rooms and storage rooms.

you should change your mapping strategy.
Maps not dropping maps, but temple drops maps. Makes sense. End game should be your gear, hard content/bosses, not boring map sustaining.
"
poeGT wrote:
Maps not dropping maps, but temple drops maps. Makes sense. End game should be your gear, hard content/bosses, not boring map sustaining.

+1
"
FinYuna wrote:
Did clear T16 map with 155IIQ/60IIR/40PACK (not sure of rolls but something like that)
NOT SINGLE +T11 DROPPED.

4xT16 dropped.

Rolled 4 more of T16 with some sort of suicide mods and rolls were very good. Big expects for upcoming map drops. After all 4 maps, not single T14-T16 dropped.

Its almost like the loot in that game is randomly generated. Who would have known?
Last edited by Krayken on Jun 26, 2018, 3:36:44 PM
"
Krayken wrote:
"
FinYuna wrote:
NOT SINGLE +T11 DROPPED.

4xT16 dropped.

Its almost like the loot in that game is randomly generated. Who would have known?

His point was the expected method to get maps, aka mapping isn't consistent even when you invest heavily into t14-16. Then you have random league methods that go overboard with drops. RNG can still have consistency over a long sample space. Map sustaining just via mapping is still annoying and demotivating.
"
Orbaal wrote:
"
Fermistats wrote:

First, I am very new to the game. Been playing about 3 weeks. Level 82 is my highest character. I would say I "sustain" t6 maps, and once or twice a day I get to run a t7 or t8 map. I fill in every new map for bonus objective, and I'm at 52% on the atlas. I run them at rare, not really trying for Pack Size, although they are usually over 20%.

Hey there,

welcome to poe :)

Running lower tier maps in this league isnt bad as long as you can clear incursions well.
This way you can build the temple you want to and loot potential upgrades.
However more importantly: The temples level will be determined by the average level of the 3 highest incursion you entered (not even completed). So if you build a temple with a tier 3 map room, you want to complete the temple on the 3 highest maps you have. Say its 3 t8s. Even if you achieve nothing in t8 incursions, its still good.
Now the temple is also t8, every mob can drop maps of that tier and the map room will also drop accordingly.

Also as a general advice:
Invite Zana to your hideout, do her daily mission every day and check her inventory for maps she sells.
If you share daily missions and her map pool with your son, you should be able to level Zana and unlock more maps to sustain higher tiers quickly.
Another important trick to unlock maps is to vendor 3x the same map and get another map 1 tier higher in return. Again: If you share your pool with your son and you do the unlocks together, both of you should be doing a lot better in the long run.

Have a good one and enjoy

Okay, complete thread derail here but bear with me.

Are you essentially saying that I can spam tidal island then run 3x T16 to finish the rest of the incursions in < 10 minutes and have a lvl 83 temple at the end of it?

I was theorising about this on day 1 of the league but never ended up testing it because I didn't know the mechanic that calculated the level.

If what you are saying is true this opens up some seriously interesting farming possibilities. (Only need to run maps for perfect temples etc.)

Souls along a conduit of blood, from one vessel to the next.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info