Gear progression in PoE is like D3 with AH

"
MECHanokl wrote:
AH, no AH, it's all cool, but I personally would like to ask one thing: can we please stop repeating this idiotic statement that 'with AH bots would be sniping everything"... It is already happening. People with bots and private indexers snipe deals (if they are not fake listings to begin with) before a normal player is even going to see them. I repeat. Bots. Already. Control. The. Market. All the lowest prices for almost all items including maps are price fixed. STOP SPREADING BS, you make yourself look like either a bad liar or an intentionally ignorant person.

um they make false listing for low prices yes - but they pretty much only catch the massively underpriced listings for buying- they in no way corner the market as of yet.

I don't see how anyone could think it wouldn't be far worse once purchases are automated. It makes things 1000x easier for them
"
RMT and bots are present and here to stay. A known and expected evolution as POE became popular.

Yes, RMT and bots are there because game allows for trading all items (including BiS ones), and to farm those, you should just repetively farm boring easymode content a huge number of times, mindlessly spamming 1 button. Obviously, it's the PERFECT environment to encourage botting and RMT goods farmed by bots.

"
FrodoFraggins wrote:

I don't see how anyone could think it wouldn't be far worse once purchases are automated. It makes things 1000x easier for them

No, it doesnt. Rather 3-5 times easier. And for player, properly made AH makes things 10-100 times easier. So, do we care about bots, or players?
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Jun 22, 2018, 4:31:10 PM
"
Miazga wrote:
Yeah yeah,

There will be hate, there will be drama here. Not like I really care.

currently the PoE trade system is soooooo bad, it's beyond repair. Yet I noticed from my own experiance that gearing progression looks more or less the same for many:

You start with a sitty base gear, get some rares and some currency.
You use that currency to get some good leveling items.
Once leveled up, you gather more currency, and you go for shopping again, buying entry level gear for mapping.
Once you gather more currency you go shopping again and buy better gear for harder content.

Oddly this is exactly what gearing in D3 was prior to removal of AH. The "dreaded" system many people here scream to not implement, yet poe.trade is just like AH just with a down syndrome.

I really hope tencent will finally agree that AH is needed, and give an executive order for it to be implemented.

Do you mean the AH Blizz removed because it was so bad for the game that it needed to be axed even at the price of losing a source of money income?
"
Salzwer wrote:
"
Miazga wrote:
Yeah yeah,

There will be hate, there will be drama here. Not like I really care.

currently the PoE trade system is soooooo bad, it's beyond repair. Yet I noticed from my own experiance that gearing progression looks more or less the same for many:

You start with a sitty base gear, get some rares and some currency.
You use that currency to get some good leveling items.
Once leveled up, you gather more currency, and you go for shopping again, buying entry level gear for mapping.
Once you gather more currency you go shopping again and buy better gear for harder content.

Oddly this is exactly what gearing in D3 was prior to removal of AH. The "dreaded" system many people here scream to not implement, yet poe.trade is just like AH just with a down syndrome.

I really hope tencent will finally agree that AH is needed, and give an executive order for it to be implemented.

Do you mean the AH Blizz removed because it was so bad for the game that it needed to be axed even at the price of losing a source of money income?

No I dont mean that. You seems to not see a diffrence between AH and RMAH. Blizz should never do RMAH. AH was good, but because of bots and the lure the RMAH was, there was to much abuse to the system.
Both auction house were removed because blizzard changed the whole drop system in patch 2.0.

The incease the drop rate as well as made many many class specific items drop for that class more often, thus changing the AH system to BoA self fund system.

this was the reason for removing AH. The second reason as I mention was the RMAH which got abused to the max.
YES I support the game, NO I don't agree with many GGG decisions

Lab still sucks balls.

I miss Zana already.
Jesus people, stop blaming the AH. Its not some mythical boogey man. Almost every online RPG is about leveling and getting gear to do end game content. More than 99% of online RPGs have some kind of AH and it hasnt killed them at all.

In before the "bots would abuse the AH" argument again. Guess what, bots abuse the ability to kill monsters to get currency for RMT, by that logic we should remove the ability to kill monsters from the game! Oh wait...

Maybe we should remove the ability to choose the map you want to run next. I mean, it would be too easy to farm doctors or any other high value card if you could choose to run a specific map right? So from now on, all maps just generate a random map of the tier when activated in a map device. Brilliant idea right?

Or...even better...all skill points should be RANDOMLY ALLOCATED! Think about it...surely it would make the game too easy if everyone could choose what to allocate? Everyone would just run 10m shaper dps builds, trivalizing end game content! Being able to make the "perfect" build would make it too easy to do end game content right? Randomly allocated skill points would solve the problem easily, just like how randomly generated rare items are the solution to unique items being too strong!
Last edited by Question2 on Jun 24, 2018, 9:26:05 AM
OP is dead on. Everything the apologists hope to avoid in an auction house is in PoE already. If you don't like it and want a 'long tail' on your gearing, SSF is ---> right over here for you.
"
C0Y0T3_SLY wrote:
OP is dead on. Everything the apologists hope to avoid in an auction house is in PoE already. If you don't like it and want a 'long tail' on your gearing, SSF is ---> right over here for you.

We don't want instant buyouts and guess what it's not in the game

We don't want trade easily accessible and guess what it's not - as shown by how few actually trade

The vocal minority have been whining for years but you aren't getting an AH.

As far as maps go they should be easier to obtain via Zana in most cases - say T13 and below and white only - and based on what you've already unlocked. I wouldnt want them in an AH either
Last edited by FrodoFraggins on Jun 24, 2018, 2:31:52 PM
"
C0Y0T3_SLY wrote:

Yeah lmao. That's the funny thing. The real practical joke.

I almost choke everytime i see someone glorifying GGG's "we'll never implement an AH" when they allowed public stash tab.

Would truely be hilarious if such ass-kissing blindness wasn't so worrysome.
"
Zaphkier wrote:
"
C0Y0T3_SLY wrote:

Yeah lmao. That's the funny thing. The real practical joke.

I almost choke everytime i see someone glorifying GGG's "we'll never implement an AH" when they allowed public stash tab.

Would truely be hilarious if such ass-kissing blindness wasn't so worrysome.

Yeah because Diablo 2 style trading is exactly like an AH ...

If what we had already was like an AH, people wouldn't be clamoring for an AH. Use some logic
"
Bone2flesh wrote:
"
Wuzlo wrote:

Trading used to be incredibly horrible, does no one remember having to drop trade everything? What we have access to now is amazing.

I honestly hope the only thing they ever consider doing to the current system is optimizing the api so sales update quicker..

This is always a problem most games that get successful have. Influx of new players who follow the hype come and start making demands while having absolutely no clue how we got at this point with the game's mechanics.

If you look at most of the posts asking for AH and "gib treding systam durr hurr" or the people who reply supporting the idea are recent players. You will rarely see a member from before 2014 supporting this nonsense.

Complete bullshit. I hate the current state of trading and I've traded by dropping items.
Having NO trading system in the start of the game is not an excuse for having a terrible one a few years later.
What we currently have is a shittier version of an AH, simple as that. Fixing it is not simple, but if the guys at GGG get their minds to it they will come up with something better.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info