Gear progression in PoE is like D3 with AH

"
Prizy wrote:
I see a couple of people saying "Buff SSF drop rates and watch people flock".

Please no. I play SSF because the gear and grind feels good. If you buff that shit it will be boring like D3. There is no need to buff shit in SSF as most of the recent leagues have been pretty decent for farming gear yourself anyway.

Trade market is fucked up in leagues now anyway. Chaos:Exalt ratios hit Standard (or higher prices) within a week.

I swapped to SSF as soon as it was introduced and it is so much more rewarding. Complain about the trade platform as much as you want, but leave the current SSF the fuck alone. If you are too lazy to trade, don't try advocating for loot buffs in an SSF mode. Some people like finding rare drops.

Seeing these things drop in SSF feels fucking awesome. Stop trying to change a perfectly fine game mode because you're lazy please. Thank you.

How many hours have you played in order to get those nice items?
Last edited by ivkoto77777 on Jun 25, 2018, 3:00:56 AM
"
Asmosis wrote:

D3's AH was so efficient, the odds of finding *anything* useful for *any* class had to be astronomically small, to the point all you did was grind gold and never see items outside the AH. It was fucking horrible to play.

Wait? You mean it was just like the current situation in PoE, but without AFKing and offline traders??? WoW! Who would have thought it would be so much better than the current PoE state!??!
Last edited by ivkoto77777 on Jun 25, 2018, 2:35:57 AM
"
webas wrote:
Im gonna repeat what I always thought:

the easier trading - the more bots and top players will get further away from average Joe.

While you sleep, they farm
While you map, they flip

You cant keep up. Only to stall their progress.

Insta buying, selling would rock the market.

Why in the world do you care what the top players or botters are doing? They are better than you no matter what you decided to do.

And why in the heck are you willing to make your own gameplay shittier in order to have "bots and top players" mildly hindered in some obscure way?
Last edited by ivkoto77777 on Jun 25, 2018, 2:59:20 AM
"
FrodoFraggins wrote:
"
Zaphkier wrote:
"
C0Y0T3_SLY wrote:
OP is dead on. Everything the apologists hope to avoid in an auction house is in PoE already. If you don't like it and want a 'long tail' on your gearing, SSF is ---> right over here for you.

Yeah lmao. That's the funny thing. The real practical joke.

I almost choke everytime i see someone glorifying GGG's "we'll never implement an AH" when they allowed public stash tab.

Would truely be hilarious if such ass-kissing blindness wasn't so worrysome.

Yeah because Diablo 2 style trading is exactly like an AH ...

If what we had already was like an AH, people wouldn't be clamoring for an AH. Use some logic

"Use some logic" urrp durrp

I do love such arguments.

So let's have a look at how an "automatised/classic" AH work ;

1)You register an item
2)You price it
3)It's listed on the AH and other people can see it
4)Somebody browse the AH, searching for an item
5)Somebody found your item, click and buy it

How does trading in poe work ?

1)You put an item inside a premium stash tab, make the stash tab public
2)You either put a global price on the stash tab or price the item(s) inside it
3)It get listed on poe.trade and other people can see it
4)somebody browse the AH, searching for an item
5)somebody found your item, copy paste a pre-made sentence ingame hoping you're online and not busy/afk
6)You trade the item. get the currency.

SOUNDS LIKE AH WITH EXTRA STEPS TO ME.

"
kuciol wrote:
"
Miazga wrote:

So you propose the D3 BoA system ?
Fair enough, I could live with it. no trading but better drops seems 100% fair to me

I didnt say no trading at all. Just make it so painful that it will be "last resort" not something you just do. Than GGG will be able to make it easier to get your own items. PoE.Trade is the cancer of this game and it needs to go if you want something done about it.

Solo self found is here, without any trading to sully your experience.

Leave the rest of us alone.
So the AH Drama saga continues.

Remember to never think about things and always use your feels.

AH was in D3 - BAAAADDDDDdddd
So AH is baaaaaaaaaaaaaad

Feels before reels guys, remember.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on Jun 25, 2018, 8:45:12 AM
OP is right. Cant argue with that
"
Zaphkier wrote:

"Use some logic" urrp durrp

I do love such arguments.

So let's have a look at how an "automatised/classic" AH work ;

1)You register an item
2)You price it
3)It's listed on the AH and other people can see it
4)Somebody browse the AH, searching for an item
5)Somebody found your item, click and buy it

How does trading in poe work ?

1)You put an item inside a premium stash tab, make the stash tab public
2)You either put a global price on the stash tab or price the item(s) inside it
3)It get listed on poe.trade and other people can see it
4)somebody browse the AH, searching for an item
5)somebody found your item, copy paste a pre-made sentence ingame hoping you're online and not busy/afk
6)You trade the item. get the currency.

SOUNDS LIKE AH WITH EXTRA STEPS TO ME.

yeah the extra steps means it's not an AH - move along

they removed the instant buyout of an auction and the ability to search in game. and so again, it's just a slightly improved version of D2 trading. It is not close to being an AH
Last edited by FrodoFraggins on Jun 25, 2018, 12:40:04 PM
Auction house is *NOT* needed, in any way.

Automating the trade system, however, is *badly* needed. Need to get rid of the requirement to spam 30+ whispers to get 1 response.

You find an item, you whisper the player, system parses said whisper format to a trade window and inputs item (and, being automated, always uses the proper item rather than scam crap). Purchaser inputs requested currency and hits accept - trade complete. Seller never has to leave map, lab, or ever respond. Gets a notification that X item has sold for Y price.
Patch Notes 3.15:
Fixed a bug where players believed the game was playable. This has been corrected and made retroactive.
Patch Notes 3.19:
Fixed a bug where players adapted to 3.15. This bug cannot be corrected, so we have implemented a 90% reduction in item access as a punishment.
"
FrodoFraggins wrote:
"
Zaphkier wrote:

-

yeah the extra steps means it's not an AH - move along

they removed the instant buyout of an auction and the ability to search in game. and so again, it's just a slightly improved version of D2 trading. It is not close to being an AH

Guess you don't know what an "Auction House" actually is. Educate yourself and come back.
(Cuz yeah, instant buyout =/= AH. It's only a feature.)

Oh and by the way ;

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Incursion

But yeah.

No 'official' AH. never ever.
rofl

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info