[3.11] Brittleknee’s SRS Necromancer - Reliable, Beginner-Friendly. All content. Harvest Ready!

+2 fire spells to staff seems to be much rarer roll now btw.
Its global though now
There also seems to be local mod for gems also... or is it just on 1h?
Last edited by WiedzmaZBagna on Sep 7, 2019, 7:13:36 PM
"
brittleknee wrote:
"
FramFramson wrote:
Now that the tree changes are up, I'm interested in seeing how the loss of minion damage nodes balances against the attack/cast speed nodes in the Sacrifice/Spiritual Command hubs (which are also partially switching positions).

It's a total loss of 33% minion damage (which is significant but not major), but a gain of 9% attack and cast speed. Every bit of increased cast speed is always welcome, so I'm hoping the damage will be a wash but we'll get a nice QoL boost.

Oh and, both Profane and Arcane Chemistry are getting a big buff, as each are getting an additional "8% increased effect of flasks on you" line(!). I'm not sure how much flask use you'll be aiming for in your 3.8 build, but my current SRS build is very heavy on flask use/buffs, but I've never used the witch flask hub since it never seemed worth it (most of my flask buffs are from gear), so that's certainly welcome to me.

EDIT:

Well, I just noticed that the new tree has completely displaced Gravepact. Sigh. There's two new hubs to replace it in the central area (a mana and minion and damage hub, and a minion life and resistances hub)

The damage is more than made up for (+35% goes up to +40%), and with one fewer points used, if you take mana and minion damage (plus it's more eHP if you use MoM like I do), so it seems fine, but you're still losing 8% attack/cast speed from the smaller gravepact nods. The actual gravepact hub is now deep in the Templar section, below sanctity,

I suppose you can use the extra point to take another node in the mercifully unchanged large Templar minion wheel (damage or cast speed, whatever you didn't take before). Alternately there's a new minion speed and damage hub to the right of the Witch area, which may provide alternatives. However, both that and Gravepact will require some extra points to reach, so while there's certainly more choices available, you can't "catch 'em all" unless you really go all-in on reaching all the minion nodes.

Everything has been updated to 3.8. The changes ended up doubling the original damage of the 3.7 version of the build, and more than that with high investment version. There's enough damage on the table you can pull back and add in more defensiveness, whether that's just simply going Bone Armor, adding zombies, or block, and still likely do the damage that the top end build did before. It's nuts.

The two wheels which contain Unholy Might and Onslaught for minions I declined to path to. I think either would be spicy for anointing an Amulet, but with how often Skulls get refreshed and over-ridden, any buffs kept would have questionable uptime. Therefore; go with more consistent damage rather than conditional damage.

Hilariously, after my post I discovered no fewer that THREE more minion hubs I hadn't noticed. Most crucially was the duration & damage hub with was pretty much a straight swap/upgrade from the usual mid-tree duration node cluster.

Agree that onslaught is overkill (also that hub is significantly out of the way for usual SRS trees). What I'm trying to figure out now is if Elemental Army now replaces Elemental Damage with Attacks.

EA has only half the added damage, but you get that sweet elemental pen on top of EE's debuff and it's not a curse (and thus not affected by Hexproof) so that certainly has some appeal. Problem is Path of Building has none of the new Jewels in it, so I can't quite math it out yet!

In my case the choice is additionally complicated by the fact that i have Elemental Weakness with Curse on hit in my main hand, so mobs get hit with EE and EW, which is superficially stronger, but again Hexproof fouls that up where it matters most. It's possible that Elemental Army just doesn't add enough damage, but maybe I could use the two curse-on-hit gem slots for something more universally applicable.

The other thing I'm trying to figure out is what the hell the Feeding Frenzy gem actually DOES. It's not clear to me from the gem information if the Feeding Frenzy buff only applies the +% minion damage while active or if it has some effect on you. The aggression is basically redundant, so I'm thinking it's probably not worth it.

I'd also agree that damage is through the roof and that it's now possible to make more defensive investments. Hoping to go for something like Golem's Blood as an anointment, but there are so many other options of course.

Also, I don't know if anyone can help me with this, but for some reason the configuration option in PoB "Have you used a minion skill recently?" is missing and I am absolutely baffled as to why or as to how I can fix it.
Thanks for your build guide.I following it.Atm all goes fine-Regards
Parvanka ;-)
So what should i focus for gear for start
rush tabula ? or get shield and 4L covenant? later 5 link
drop fast Mark of the Red Covenant helm for something ?
any tips
Follow up guide :P
why do we need storm brand if we already have orb of storms to proc EE
"
bspace2 wrote:

because it casts desecrate+flesh offering
the weapon has crafted mod "trigger socketed gem when you cast a spell"
"
bspace2 wrote:

"
Sunw1sh wrote:
"
bspace2 wrote:

missed this, thanks

another question: why dont we use any curse in our cwdt setup?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info