[3.11] Brittleknee’s SRS Necromancer - Reliable, Beginner-Friendly. All content. Harvest Ready!

I love SRS and I switch between SRS and Cyclone each season (for the last 3) thanks for a great guide!
Will you be making update for 3.8?
Yep. There will be a full update for 3.8 for this build live in approximately 6 hours. I am releasing a few other builds so it's been a challenge to get everything ready.

-------

A little bit later than I intended, but we are now fully up to date, including new leveling trees.

I uh, I didn't think the damage was gonna be this nice, y'all. Geez.

I didn't pick the Unholy Might or Onslaught nodes, either. I figure there would be too much skull over-riding for them to effectively use these mechanics to path over for. Either/or would work on an ammy, but I just personally felt that it was better to path elsewhere.
Check me out on Twitch! http://www.twitch.tv/brittleknee
All of my builds are here: https://tinyurl.com/y5vwayk2
Last edited by brittleknee on Sep 5, 2019, 1:23:22 PM
Thanks for the great guide!
Last edited by otterrr on Sep 5, 2019, 2:27:07 PM
Hi, I was wondering if you had done any theorycraftingg over using a Staff with fortify and +2 gems, and using Victario's Influence as a chest instead. Our damage (using your first PoB) is consistently the same as with the more unreliable frenzy charges (which is a whopping 25% of our damage when checked), and we have Haste (faster mapping) instead. We give up a little bit of tankyness from the lost ES but we have a lot more points to work with after cutting Necromantic Aegis and the path leading up to it. Just curious if you had given this route any thought at all. I suppose the lost ES is hard to make up for, for one. The only reason I'm exploring this is because 25% of our damage is the frenzy charges which aren't really reliable for bossing at all and I don't value shield charge that high.

Other than that, I'm curious about the reworked minion and totem ele res gem offering 29% more ele damage and -10% res without the downside of EE. Seems pretty big. Not sure how to write that into PoB before we have the gems. It's getting harder and harder to fit the perfect gems you want haha. I don't feel like giving up melee splash for general mapping is a good idea still, what's your experience with this?

Carrion golem is looking sweet. Does his flat added damage still get scaled with the large amount more additive % minion damage we have now?

Thanks for the guide!
Last edited by rEDNiNE150 on Sep 5, 2019, 6:17:49 PM
"
rEDNiNE150 wrote:
Hi, I was wondering if you had done any theorycraftingg over using a Staff with fortify and +2 gems, and using Victario's Influence as a chest instead.

I like what 1H/Shield SRS has to offer, so no, I haven't and likely won't look into staves. I like that mine is a different approach. I'm also okay if its not "the best," but I find it still very competitive.

"
rEDNiNE150 wrote:
Our damage (using your first PoB) is consistently the same as with the more unreliable frenzy charges (which is a whopping 25% of our damage when checked)

Using a shield vs. having to invest so much into the spectres to keep them alive during UE is convenient. Sure, its easier to get high level spectres now, but its still a pain to manage. I've never found Victario's Charity to be anything but reliable in providing frenzies to the SRS. As long as they are attacking, they are consistently giving each other frenzies. I have no idea where you are getting "unreliable frenzies" from.

"
rEDNiNE150 wrote:
and we have Haste (faster mapping) instead.

We use haste, too. We use it as a base aura and as a vaal cooldown.

"
rEDNiNE150 wrote:
We give up a little bit of tankyness from the lost ES but we have a lot more points to work with after cutting Necromantic Aegis and the path leading up to it. Just curious if you had given this route any thought at all. I suppose the lost ES is hard to make up for, for one. The only reason I'm exploring this is because 25% of our damage is the frenzy charges which aren't really reliable for bossing at all and I don't value shield charge that high.

The ES is simply a bi-product of the gearing process and passive tree pathing. Sometimes it will be up to help the overall eHP but its not something deliberately invested in.

"
rEDNiNE150 wrote:
Other than that, I'm curious about the reworked minion and totem ele res gem offering 29% more ele damage and -10% res without the downside of EE. Seems pretty big. Not sure how to write that into PoB before we have the gems. It's getting harder and harder to fit the perfect gems you want haha. I don't feel like giving up melee splash for general mapping is a good idea still, what's your experience with this?

Will just have to see what works when the gems are released. I think the damage is great as-is, but if one gem seems to fit above others, then I will update the build accordingly. For mapping, what gems you like to use are your personal preference. Everyone clears at different speeds and has different needs.

"
rEDNiNE150 wrote:
Carrion golem is looking sweet. Does his flat added damage still get scaled with the large amount more additive % minion damage we have now?

I believe it does. The two primary ways of scaling SRS damage is by adding and stacking as much flat physical at the "beginning" of the conversions and damage multipliers, or scaling the end-product elemental damage. His added physical would be like adding a few more ghastly eye jewels into the mix.
My apologies I have completely misread the shield. It's on hit, not kill for the frenzies! And I also must have messed around enough in PoB to miss the Haste. Sorry about that. :/

I'm going to give the build a shot. Ty!
how is this build for delving?
"
blizaro wrote:
how is this build for delving?

The base build is likely going to have survivability problems beyond 280-300 or so. It'll get you to the Monster ilvl 83 areas, but beyond that pushing 400+ you'll want to tweak your gear and links.

My recommendation would be taking the shield block and investing into block, both on the passive tree, with rumi's, and have a nice shield. 4-L Meatshield instead of the OOS/Cull/Flame Dash links. Especially if you can get an Elder Helmet and make it a pseudo-5 pr pseudo-6 with Minion Life or Minion Damage.

Now that the tree changes are up, I'm interested in seeing how the loss of minion damage nodes balances against the attack/cast speed nodes in the Sacrifice/Spiritual Command hubs (which are also partially switching positions).

It's a total loss of 33% minion damage (which is significant but not major), but a gain of 9% attack and cast speed. Every bit of increased cast speed is always welcome, so I'm hoping the damage will be a wash but we'll get a nice QoL boost.

Oh and, both Profane and Arcane Chemistry are getting a big buff, as each are getting an additional "8% increased effect of flasks on you" line(!). I'm not sure how much flask use you'll be aiming for in your 3.8 build, but my current SRS build is very heavy on flask use/buffs, but I've never used the witch flask hub since it never seemed worth it (most of my flask buffs are from gear), so that's certainly welcome to me.

EDIT:

Well, I just noticed that the new tree has completely displaced Gravepact. Sigh. There's two new hubs to replace it in the central area (a mana and minion and damage hub, and a minion life and resistances hub)

The damage is more than made up for (+35% goes up to +40%), and with one fewer points used, if you take mana and minion damage (plus it's more eHP if you use MoM like I do), so it seems fine, but you're still losing 8% attack/cast speed from the smaller gravepact nods. The actual gravepact hub is now deep in the Templar section, below sanctity,

I suppose you can use the extra point to take another node in the mercifully unchanged large Templar minion wheel (damage or cast speed, whatever you didn't take before). Alternately there's a new minion speed and damage hub to the right of the Witch area, which may provide alternatives. However, both that and Gravepact will require some extra points to reach, so while there's certainly more choices available, you can't "catch 'em all" unless you really go all-in on reaching all the minion nodes.
Last edited by FramFramson on Sep 6, 2019, 4:13:35 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info