[3.11] Brittleknee’s SRS Necromancer - Reliable, Beginner-Friendly. All content. Harvest Ready!

Is Tavukai a good option for this build? And the nescessity of the "Reduced Mana reserved" in the collar is very important?
Is elemental damage with attacks really a good gem to use ?
i would have thought there would be something better to use.
What am i missing here ?
My calculations show a +fire skill shield is straight up more dps than conduit. When you factor in the resist and life you get it's a pretty clear choice.

A +2 wand in both hands is much better dps
Last edited by Jon011684 on Jul 13, 2020, 10:08:31 AM
"
PandaMan wrote:
What am i missing here ?

Been wondering this too. Pob shows Multistrike adds alot more damage.
"
BothXP wrote:
Hi,

I've been looking at the guide and the POB links, but have a few questions.

In the guide Precision is kept at level 1 but in POB it has been leveled to 5. Which should I be using?

Storm brand & Shield charge are both left at level 1, was is the benefit to not leveling? I'm assuming it is because we are only using them for Elemental Equilibrium. Would leveling them have a negative impact?

And lastly I see the note about changes to splash damage meaning that from act 2 it is better to use Melee Physical, but I'm still seeing 'Melee Splash' recommended in the main attack links section and sockets to the chest on the final build gear example. So I'm a bit confused over which approach to take.

Thanks

Precision is just a slight bonus and its level doesn't matter much in this configuration, you can leave it at lvl 1.

Storm Brand and Shield Charge are left at lvl 1 for the sake of reflect maps.

Looks like the items are from the league before the changes to Melee Splash, sorry for the confusion. BK feels it's not needed, especially at the high end, but for the best just test it for yourself, many people prefer to use it.

"
Is there any reason to be running both orb of storms and stormbrand? i'm not exactly far in but orbs short cast range is pretty oof, I do get that it hits everything and lasts longer vs storm brand but is there any reason to be running both over just one of them linked to CoH?

Storm Brand is supposed to be triggered, so it's out of control, but should work well enough for clear, while Orb can placed under bosses.

"
Spencley wrote:
Weird Question, Would this work with brands by picking up a few of the brand nodes? :P

Technically, Arcanist Brand can trigger SRS. Or do you mean using the tree for some other brand skill?

"
Looking at building and crafting some gear now since im a bit into maps and harvest is very craft oriented, the gear in OP is a bit out of date from looking at the latest stats and mods rolls on stuff but. What base items would people recommend?

I'm assuming Convoking Wand and Bone Helmet would be the best bases for their slots but what would everyone recommend for the other slots and if its not a crazy hassle, what rolls? Haven't done too much crafting before and usually just buy stuff based on a stat i'm missing and then just other rolls that fit in nicely.

sorry for big noob, just seeing how complex crafting is XD

It's not outdated, but with Harvest it's easier to get more perfected gear, like Redeemer rings with increased minion damage or a Hunter amulet with +1 to level of all intelligence skill gems. The weapon issue depends on what you start with and how you want/can afford to go about it - Incursion weapons are still good starters.

"
GuilhermeD3 wrote:
Is Tavukai a good option for this build? And the nescessity of the "Reduced Mana reserved" in the collar is very important?

Offensively yes, but at the cost of defenses and you need some source of #% reduced mana reservation to fit everything. Probably not an endgame amulet.

"
highwind123 wrote:
"
PandaMan wrote:
What am i missing here ?

Been wondering this too. Pob shows Multistrike adds alot more damage.

With The Covenant it's probably not a big concern, but Multistrike brings a high mana multiplier. Otherwise, sure, it's pretty good.
as i find this build sometimes fragile, i try to use Leash of Oblation with bone+flesh offerings at the same time.

I just cannot succeed in making them autocast in the "triggered" weapon, with a "desecrate" skill. Is it possible ?

(I mean that only one of the two offerings is self casting, never the second one, and I still cannot button-cast the missing one if it is in the weapon...)
Last edited by AaxFamily on Sep 1, 2020, 1:22:24 PM
"
as i find this build sometimes fragile, i try to use Leash of Oblation with bone+flesh offerings at the same time.

I just cannot succeed in making them autocast in the "triggered" weapon, with a "desecrate" skill. Is it possible ?

(I mean that only one of the two offerings is self casting, never the second one, and I still cannot button-cast the missing one if it is in the weapon...)

I don't see why this wouldn't work. To be clear, spells are triggered this way in a sequence, not all at the same time.
"
aeui wrote:
I don't see why this wouldn't work. To be clear, spells are triggered this way in a sequence, not all at the same time.

The fact remains : it does not work. Only one of the two offering is always cast, never the second one.

It works perfectly if I replace the second offering with any other skill. They trigger as soon as their cooldown is over.
Last edited by AaxFamily on Sep 4, 2020, 5:14:20 PM
"
The fact remains : it does not work. Only one of the two offering is always cast, never the second one.

It works perfectly if I replace the second offering with any other skill. They trigger as soon as their cooldown is over.

Have you tested it in combat? My only guess is that in your hideout you use skills at some frequency at which one of the offerings is regularly triggered when there's no corpses from Desecrate, so you don't see its effects.
"
aeui wrote:
Have you tested it in combat? My only guess is that in your hideout you use skills at some frequency at which one of the offerings is regularly triggered when there's no corpses from Desecrate, so you don't see its effects.

Man, you're a genius !!! ;-)
I suspected a timing problem between both offerings that have the same duration, but the problem is really that in ho, the offerings can only count on the desecrate bodies. So the first one in the list always consume the desecrate bodies, and the second one has nothing to consume.

Thx !

BTW, the build is then so much tanky, with a minimal lose of DPS.
Last edited by AaxFamily on Sep 5, 2020, 4:07:57 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info