[3.11] Brittleknee’s SRS Necromancer - Reliable, Beginner-Friendly. All content. Harvest Ready!

"
WiedzmaZBagna wrote:
How is it even possible to have that low dps on SRS?
Or is it per one spirit?
Anyway im crushing everything and only times i have failed a blight encounter is when im getting flanked and dont notice it.
Also Zombies and Skeles+Vaal Skeles help a lot in defending btw.

That's total for me because it says average is 2.6k on the right hand toolbar in PoB.

Edit:
I forgot to apply flasks and other buffs, so DPS is skewed.
But tooltip, SRS is around ~1.7k.
Not using Hatred was a huge DPS loss and my gem levels are not as high as the build.
Last edited by markmm on Sep 9, 2019, 4:31:18 PM
I assume this is probably terrible, but I've been trying out using Infernal Legion linked to SRS combined with Minion Instability and the new Siegebreaker belt.

Infernal Legion eventually kills the SRS, where they explode and drop caustic ground.

It seems like an interesting interaction but I wonder if the explosions and caustic ground are actually doing any damage. Most mobs have died by the time the SRS actually die from Infernal Legion. (Then again I'm only up to tier 3 maps.)

Any thoughts on this combination?
"
highwind123 wrote:
For raw dps, would dual wielding those new convoking wands be a good idea? Or is it still best to use Victario's Charity + Necromantic Aegis?

Dual wielding is not worth it without any other source of Frenzy & Power Charges. You could use Carnage & Host Chieftains to generate them instead, but that's less consistent.

"
blizaro wrote:
is melee splash built into SRS now?

Their default attack can strike multiple enemies at once. If you support them with Melee Splash, the result in such case is overlapping splash effects.

"
WiedzmaZBagna wrote:
+2 fire spells to staff seems to be much rarer roll now btw.
Its global though now
There also seems to be local mod for gems also... or is it just on 1h?

You can't have global and local modifiers to gem levels at the same time. Check the Item Balance section in the patch notes.

"
Jataa wrote:
So what should i focus for gear for start
rush tabula ? or get shield and 4L covenant? later 5 link
drop fast Mark of the Red Covenant helm for something ?
any tips

4 gems in The Covenant + Victario's Charity ≈ Tabula with 6 gems, so whatever's cheaper. You probably shouldn't use Mark of the Red Covenant when you reach maps.

"
bspace2 wrote:
why do we need storm brand if we already have orb of storms to proc EE

Storm Brand in the weapon makes sense only if you alredy have "Trigger a socketed spell when you use a skill" on it. Its behaviour supports the less precise process of casting. Orb of Storms is the controllable spell, linked with Culling Strike - arranged for bosses.

"
WiedzmaZBagna wrote:
Im currently running 6L setup of SRS-Minion Damage-Melee phys-Multistrike-Minion Speed-Melee Splash. How much does this suck?
I dont understand using ele focus and ele dmg with attacks since srs only converts 50%...

Sounds fine. Not sure about Multistrike. In some situations it's the biggest dps boost, but can lock your minions in place and it's a significant mana cost multiplier. I recommend EE's guide to Damage Conversion.

"
Higuey wrote:
Would you be able to provide 2-3 sentences describing the general gameplay mechanics for new people? (ie. pop carrion golem, X curse, drop some SRS, flesh offering, etc...)

Once you summon it, your golem is present until it dies, you log out or you remove its gem. If you use a curse and cast it manually, it should be sufficient to cast it only when you encounter bosses or tough rare enemies. Try to have Flesh Offering up constantly, there's a symbol over your character as long as you do. For boss encounters, maybe this old answer will help - link

"
markmm wrote:
I can't do blight on T1 maps. Spending points mostly on one tower and choosing a defense that the monsters are weak to.

It seems like my SRS aren't clearing the blight monsters fast enough.

Lvl 75
Life/ES 3.2k/903
DPS: 12.9k

https://pastebin.com/N1PznsJk

You do need to start linking your items. At this point you should have at least 4 connected gem sockets in The Covenant. The boots could use that too. Also, check out ZiggyD's guide on the league mechanic.

"
ffsConflict wrote:
I assume this is probably terrible, but I've been trying out using Infernal Legion linked to SRS combined with Minion Instability and the new Siegebreaker belt.

Infernal Legion eventually kills the SRS, where they explode and drop caustic ground.

It seems like an interesting interaction but I wonder if the explosions and caustic ground are actually doing any damage. Most mobs have died by the time the SRS actually die from Infernal Legion. (Then again I'm only up to tier 3 maps.)

Any thoughts on this combination?

Infernal Legion seems to be a good leveling support for SRS - early on it adds the AoE factor while doesn't necessarily take much from the single target damage.

Infernal Legion damage doesn't scale with minion life though, so it feels a bit weird to scale it alongside Minion Instability or Siegebreaker. Then, there's little you can do outside of increasing minion damage itself to scale non-attack minion chaos damage and non-attack minion fire damage at the same time. But maybe there's some balance. As long as it works, it works. Share your experience if you're going for it :)

FYI, Infernal Legion damage effects don't stack with each other, the same for different Caustic Grounds.
Last edited by Xayazi on Sep 9, 2019, 10:09:10 PM
Thank you @Aeui!
Last edited by markmm on Sep 9, 2019, 10:51:23 PM
Man, I am really torn. I chose Bone Barrier for my build when I respec'd my ascendencies, but I'm increasingly tempted to switch that node to Unnatural Strength as Brittleknee has.

PoB shows that this would be an 8.5% increase in DPM (356,000 per skull to 415,000 per skull, not counting bonuses to mg AG and Golem), but that regeneration may have saved me at times I might have otherwise died. But then so might killing things faster!

It's so hard to gauge this sort of thing!

Bone Armour certainly isn't worth much, I can say that much at least. It's the physical reduction and regeneration that drew me to Bone Barrier originally.

I may just go and do a quick lab run and change it, then see how it feels for a while. Can always switch back if I feel noticeably squishier.
Last edited by FramFramson on Sep 9, 2019, 11:21:44 PM
Great build, I think this is the smoothest level 87 as league starter, died once.

But now that I've reached T10/T11, my minions die instantly (zombies and carrion golem). I have to rely on SRS only and this is getting hard. (no more tanking from zombies for instance).

Should I add minion life support to carrion and zombies ? Is there something i'm missing ?

Thanks for the great work.
While the hilarity of pushing SRS to lvl 30 made mobs melt that much faster, I really noticed the loss of regen right away.

Ended up going back to Bone Barrier for the time being. 7.3 million DPS will just have to do for now. :d
"
Psykeee wrote:
Great build, I think this is the smoothest level 87 as league starter, died once.

But now that I've reached T10/T11, my minions die instantly (zombies and carrion golem). I have to rely on SRS only and this is getting hard. (no more tanking from zombies for instance).

Should I add minion life support to carrion and zombies ? Is there something i'm missing ?

Thanks for the great work.

I use zombies and carrion golem even in red maps and it is not a problem. The problem emerges when you run maps with REFLECT. Zombies and carrion and spectres die almost instantly and even my SRS can't chain-kill packs few screens away. I just try to reroll REFLECT maps because even though it is still pretty safe to do them it takes a lot more time.

This being said, having my carrion and zombies in helmet with +2 levels to them is great.

I still need to craft better gear, 6-link my chest, get the gloves and finalize my gem setup but it works even with cheaply crafted / bought / found rares. The build works pretty well now, even Red Elder Guardians die quite quickly (I wanted to spawn Yellow Elder but I was a little bit too lucky...).

PoB shows about 110k DPS for single skull, so about 2.2M maximal DPS which is quite nice only few days after league start :D
Last edited by irendie on Sep 10, 2019, 4:23:13 AM
"
irendie wrote:
The problem emerges when you run maps with REFLECT.

Yeah that might be it. I should probably get more life as well (4.7k). Transition from yellow to red maps is tough right now :)
"
Psykeee wrote:
"
irendie wrote:
The problem emerges when you run maps with REFLECT.

Yeah that might be it. I should probably get more life as well (4.7k). Transition from yellow to red maps is tough right now :)

I have just about 5.2k life and 800 ES and it is quite ok as long as I don't run in the middle of a pack. That's my common problem because I am maybe too aggresive even though minions require more slow and planned aproach :D
But if I am precasting before doors and stay behind a cover / in safe distance while spamming skulls it is pretty safe and still quite fast as skulls often clear multiple screens at once in open field.
Last edited by irendie on Sep 10, 2019, 4:42:17 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info