[3.11] Brittleknee’s SRS Necromancer - Reliable, Beginner-Friendly. All content. Harvest Ready!

"
irendie wrote:
But if I am precasting before doors and stay behind a cover / in safe distance while spamming skulls it is pretty safe

Yup, that's my strategy as well now, not a choice but a necessity :)

Just had a look at your profile, nice helmet :D
Last edited by Psykeee on Sep 10, 2019, 4:47:05 AM
"
Psykeee wrote:
Just had a look at your profile, nice helmet :D

Bought one helmet for 1c (now I am selling them as they drop in higher map tiers :D), scoured it then alt crafted +2 minion gems and resistance and then used regal orb on it. The same process for Ghastly Eye jewels and the belt which I maneged to randomly drop from Blight (I think) while leveling. Quite cheap gear but it works pretty well. A lot of room for improvements but it saved me a lot of currency so now I have like 120c and 40 vaal orbs farmed :D Not much but enough to slowly get better gear :)
Question -

Infernal Legion seems really good. Is it worth swapping in Infernal Legion and perhaps Combustion support?
Hey, nice build! Could Unleash support be used instead of Empower (Or until LVL3)? SRS feels a lot smoother with Unleash.
"
Hey, nice build! Could Unleash support be used instead of Empower (Or until LVL3)? SRS feels a lot smoother with Unleash.

I second that, just tried Unleash, it feels waaaay better. 20 spirits at all time.
Hello Brittleknee, just wanted to ask you a simple question.

What would you anoint in your amulet? :)
what would be the best mods on a convoking wand?
"
irendie wrote:
"
Psykeee wrote:
"
irendie wrote:
The problem emerges when you run maps with REFLECT.

Yeah that might be it. I should probably get more life as well (4.7k). Transition from yellow to red maps is tough right now :)

I have just about 5.2k life and 800 ES and it is quite ok as long as I don't run in the middle of a pack. That's my common problem because I am maybe too aggresive even though minions require more slow and planned aproach :D
But if I am precasting before doors and stay behind a cover / in safe distance while spamming skulls it is pretty safe and still quite fast as skulls often clear multiple screens at once in open field.

Historically the problem with SRS is that bosses seldom allow this approach.

I have my own little fun answer to that (storm cascade tankwitch, lol), but I find that Brittleknee's approach since 3.7 (all-in on speed, without using actual Minion Speed support) is just as valid, probably even more so with the current minion buffs. Certainly her version is now capable of a lot higher DPM than mine now (though all builds gained from 3.8's minion update).

Either way, yes, endgame content can be a challenge with a skill which needs significant ramp time the way SRS does, but there's various ways of getting your toon in shape to do it.
"
tanfodelmale wrote:
Hello Brittleknee, just wanted to ask you a simple question.

What would you anoint in your amulet? :)

The target anoint will be Ravenous Horde, but it will be fairly expensive needing 2x Opalescent Oil. So in the meantime, whatever you can afford/helps until then!

"
anakkk wrote:

As much minion damage and attack speed as you can fit, the +1 if you can. Must leave room for the 'Socketed skills' mod, though.
Check me out on Twitch! http://www.twitch.tv/brittleknee
All of my builds are here: https://tinyurl.com/y5vwayk2
Last edited by brittleknee on Sep 10, 2019, 5:13:11 PM
"
Psykeee wrote:
Great build, I think this is the smoothest level 87 as league starter, died once.

But now that I've reached T10/T11, my minions die instantly (zombies and carrion golem). I have to rely on SRS only and this is getting hard. (no more tanking from zombies for instance).

Should I add minion life support to carrion and zombies ? Is there something i'm missing ?

Thanks for the great work.

A helmet with +2 to socketed minion gems means ~25% more life for them. If that's not enough, I guess Meat Shield would fit the purpose you're using them for and could be used instead of Minion Speed. You can also consider Fortify instead of Minion Damage.

"
Gaidin85 wrote:
Infernal Legion seems really good. Is it worth swapping in Infernal Legion and perhaps Combustion support?

I think IL with SRS can hold for some time, but in comparison with BK's build - doesn't look like so in the long term. Some supports that are optimal for IL don't fit well regular attacks, so probably at least single target damage would feel worse if you wanted to focus on IL. On the other hand, with Melee Splash instead of Elemental Damage with Attacks in BK's build, clear speed shouldn't be an issue. The change to regular attacks (they can strike multiple enemies at once) was actually enough for her.

"

Brittleknee would stack enough cast speed so that Unleash didn't feel necessary for her, but whatever fits you. Empower is recommended vs other supports for the sake of survivability of your minions. Some AoE effects can easily wipe them out. But then again, with Unleash you should be able to get them back faster.

"
anakkk wrote:

That changes depending on your stats. In general, high increased minion damage (at least 60%), +1 to all minion gems, and high increased minion attack speed are rather comparable though.
Last edited by Xayazi on Sep 10, 2019, 5:45:23 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info