Trade system is TERRIBLE - and not just that

"
Fapmobile wrote:

You couldn't just log off for a couple of hours and do something else?
I mean, seriously if it's really an issue for you, there's that easy fix.

Lol'd. So the player has to suffer (logging off of the game they enjoy, because GGG's API is being slow)? That's not a solution at all, that's called victim blaming.

Especially since he was being a Good Samaritan and trying to sell his devoto's at a good price. I'm sure he'll be doing that again!

"Good thing they nerfed the carto, it wasn't fun to find one in every map." - Haborym
Last edited by monkuar on Jun 14, 2018, 8:45:20 AM
"
monkuar wrote:
"
Fapmobile wrote:

Lol'd. So the player has to suffer (logging off of the game they enjoy, because GGG's API is being slow)? That's not a solution at all, that's called victim blaming.

Especially since he was being a Good Samaritan and trying to sell his devoto's at a good price. I'm sure he'll be doing that again!

Did you just classify yourself as a victim? You inconsiderate twat.

victim
ˈvɪktɪm/Submit
noun
a person harmed, injured, or killed as a result of a crime, accident, or other event or action.
"victims of domestic violence"
synonyms: sufferer, injured party, casualty, injured person, wounded person; More a person who is tricked or duped.
"the victim of a hoax"
synonyms:dupe, easy target, easy prey, fair game, sitting target, everybody's fool, stooge, gull, fool, Aunt Sally; More
a person who has come to feel helpless and passive in the face of misfortune or ill-treatment.
"I saw myself as a victim"

When you choose to play a game you with elements you clearly do not like and someone tells you to simply stop playing it's not victim blaming. It's him having common sense on your behalf.

You are playing a fee game and making such a fuss everything is not perfect while so many AAA games with full cost are way way worse.

Learn to deal with disappointment you entitled brat.
"Never argue with an idiot. They will take you down to their level and beat you trough experience."
"
Bone2flesh wrote:

- using macros to thank me - If it's allowed by the game rules your opinion does not matter

LOL

I laughed way too much at this
"
Bone2flesh wrote:
"
monkuar wrote:
"
Fapmobile wrote:

Did you just classify yourself as a victim? You inconsiderate twat.

victim
ˈvɪktɪm/Submit
noun
a person harmed, injured, or killed as a result of a crime, accident, or other event or action.
"victims of domestic violence"
synonyms: sufferer, injured party, casualty, injured person, wounded person; More a person who is tricked or duped.
"the victim of a hoax"
synonyms:dupe, easy target, easy prey, fair game, sitting target, everybody's fool, stooge, gull, fool, Aunt Sally; More
a person who has come to feel helpless and passive in the face of misfortune or ill-treatment.
"I saw myself as a victim"

When you choose to play a game you with elements you clearly do not like and someone tells you to simply stop playing it's not victim blaming. It's him having common sense on your behalf.

You are playing a fee game and making such a fuss everything is not perfect while so many AAA games with full cost are way way worse.

Learn to deal with disappointment you entitled brat.

Fapmobile suggested that a user (post #2) should just log off as a "fix". If you think that's a solution over GGG's slow API stash stuff.. it's not.

Why should the player be punished (victim in this context) for having to log off a game they enjoy? That's just silly. But if you want to continue to flame me, go for it I'll just report.

"Good thing they nerfed the carto, it wasn't fun to find one in every map." - Haborym
Last edited by monkuar on Jun 14, 2018, 10:04:54 AM
or just do a shop like WoW
"
monkuar wrote:

Fapmobile suggested that a user (post #2) should just log off as a "fix". If you think that's a solution over GGG's slow API stash stuff.. it's not.

Why should the player be punished (victim in this context) for having to log off a game they enjoy? That's just silly. But if you want to continue to flame me, go for it I'll just report.

It's not a solution to GGG's slow API stash. It's a solution to your frustration and clear dissatisfaction with some game features that are what they are since release. A game that is free and not mandatory to play.

No player of POE is punished (and NOT NOT a VICTIM in any context - read the dam definition) by anyone but themselves. If you choose to play a game that frustrates you in any way you choose to punish yourself.

Also feel free to report me for making sense. You want my mothers phone number to call her and tell her I'm bullying you? Grow up and act like and adult and I will treat you like one.
"Never argue with an idiot. They will take you down to their level and beat you trough experience."
"
Bone2flesh wrote:
"
monkuar wrote:

It's not a solution to GGG's slow API stash. It's a solution to your frustration and clear dissatisfaction with some game features that are what they are since release. A game that is free and not mandatory to play.

No player of POE is punished (and NOT NOT a VICTIM in any context - read the dam definition) by anyone but themselves. If you choose to play a game that frustrates you in any way you choose to punish yourself.

Also feel free to report me for making sense. You want my mothers phone number to call her and tell her I'm bullying you? Grow up and act like and adult and I will treat you like one.

A player shouldn't have to be forced to log off a game over a system out of their control. That's not how it works, and it's not a solution at all. It's not even remotely a "fix". It's just silly to even recommend that.

Last edited by monkuar on Jun 14, 2018, 10:21:20 AM
It's funny thing that all the bullshit explanations you gave while trying to defend current trade system would not have to exist if there was an AH of some sort.

"
Bone2flesh wrote:
Here you go:

- AFK - i'm allowed to take a shit or watch a movie with my game on

- offline - I'm allowed to sleep and go to work

- DND - I am allowed to not want to interact with you

- ignoring me - I am allowed to not like your name or your low balls offers

Yes, you can do whatever you want, but it's not players' fault that poe trade can't keep up giving you false information.
<solved by AH>

"
Bone2flesh wrote:
- using macros to thank me - If it's allowed by the game rules your opinion does not matter

Do you know what opinion means in the first place?
Btw, do you use a macro to say your GF you love her?

"
Bone2flesh wrote:
- people going to wrong HO and requesting wrong person - everyone makes mistakes

AH doesn't.

"
Bone2flesh wrote:
- buyers requesting me instead of waiting (I left a fucking map, I'm full) - I am not a mind reader and my time is more precious than yours

You don't have to be a mind reader to see that I am changing instance from map to a HO and need few seconds.

"
Bone2flesh wrote:
- people giving me wrong currency - cancel the trade and kick the person while adding them on ignore

I don't want to do that. If someone joins, I expect him to pay what I want. Even ignore list has its limits.

"
Bone2flesh wrote:
- traders inviting other people to my party - the moment you are in a party is not YOUR party it for all the people in it.

No it's not. It wasn't created to play with someone else.

"
Bone2flesh wrote:
- people not leaving my party - there is a kick button but you are lazy

It's buyers' job, not sellers'.

"
Bone2flesh wrote:
- "where the hell is my stash" hideouts - no one is obligated to cater to you. have cash on you when you go to buy something

I do but it is still annoying if he changed price / trading me some extras etc.

"
Bone2flesh wrote:
- GPU intense hideouts - not anyone's problem that your potato PC cannot handle a few shinnies.

My PC can run Doom/Witcher 3/whatever smoothly on ultra but still some retards will say that PoE's is not to blame?

"
Bone2flesh wrote:
- high ping hideouts - not all people live on the same sad rock you do

Yeah, Europe is so sad, you can't imagine.

"
Bone2flesh wrote:
- having to tp out to trade and waste my map portals - if you need more than 2 portals for a map you are playing the game wrong.

Yeah, especially if I play with 4p party.

"
Bone2flesh wrote:
- can't trade while having a full party - leave and join the person you are trading. rejoin after.

:D
Great solution bro, game fixed.

"
Bone2flesh wrote:
- can't trade items from different realm (1c trade, yeah I need to relog to standard bro) - if you trade for 1 c on standard while playing league you are losing currency

I don't but I would if someone could get it from me without interacting with me.

"
Bone2flesh wrote:
- scammers - people changing my ratio, giving me less than requested etc. - the trade window has accept buttons on both sides. deny the trade and move on.

"
Bone2flesh wrote:
- some people just can't English ;) - OH NO people are again not born on the same rock or have the same education

<solved by AH>

"
Bone2flesh wrote:
- browser filled with poe.trade tabs - buy another screen for 10 bucks and use it for POE.TRADE.

Done, didn't help. Now what?

"
Bone2flesh wrote:
...and probably some more. - there are always things whiners find to whine about. it's neverending.

It's not whining. I remind you it's 2018. I know PoE was made in the garage but it's time to improve that prehistoric trade system.
"
Varskar wrote:

- "where the hell is my stash" hideouts

lol, I think that's me. I decorate my hideout, and I take the time to do it. But in all seriousness, why aren't you near your own stash when you're sifting through poe-trade? It's not like you're in the middle of a fight. You cant' be, because you're on a website copy-pasting messages to trade. So how can you not bring the currency with you when you visit someone else's hideout? I'm floored by this.
Disagree with GGG making trading easier. I think trading is in this weird place where the game is balanced around it not being too prevalent. I'd ideally like to see a no-trade league with buffed droprates where you can group with others. Map trading is tolerable IF the league always contains a mechanic that gives you easy access to red maps (temple map room and Horizon Orbs do a very good job of it in Incursion). The other stuff I'm sentimental about. I like that I have to travel to some guy's hideout to trade instead of having an interface sort that for me. It adds a sense of realism.

Regarding the option to disable party effects, absolutely agreed. I only play HC and I refuse to group with people unless they're supports. My visibily in a party ranges from horrible to "holy shit I literally can't see my character in all this VFX vomit". The explanation Chris gave on Baeclast for why there's no option to turn off party effects was so impressively stupid I had to rewind the stream to make sure I heard it correctly. I don't care how much cash you spent on MTX and how badly you want to show them off, I physically can't watch my screen in a party.
Last edited by ChefoSLR on Jun 14, 2018, 2:10:13 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info