Trade system is TERRIBLE - and not just that

"
Bone2flesh wrote:

And AH system also does not fit the POE setting at all. Savage landscape and ruthless environment with no real factions or civilisations (Oriath got reckt) out of nowhere has a centralised trading system in game. It would ruin the atmosphere tremendously and that is more important for a lot of players than catering to your demands.

The idea is simple: if you want to trade you can do it just fine. The website has an integrated trade system you can use. It just needs player to player interaction and availability and so it should be for this kind of setting.

Have to disagree with you a tad bit on this point. You spend the entirety of the 10 acts, stabilizing wraeclast and oriath, so an AH could make sense in that all the various towns now have a central hub in epilogue oriath. However, in terms of the economy, an auction house really isn't that bad of an idea, and I speak from AH experiences in wow, the old d3 (not RMAH) Auction house, to stuff like Loong Online where you could set up a vendor stall in town to auto sell in your afk times. This game needs a far better trade system than it has now, and I use both poetrade and also path trade. Make something like AH end game only, or possibly institute an in-game item mail system.
No to auction house.

Yes to buying all maps from Zana at level 90.
#StandardLivesMatter
"
theoc86 wrote:
No to auction house.

This will never ever going to happen. All maps from Zana? And who would buy this https://www.pathofexile.com/shop/category/stash-tabs#microtransaction-MapTab
then? Let me guess... nobody?
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
"
Bone2flesh wrote:

I have seen the horrors of D3 AH from the moment they implemented it until it killed the game. Because even if they fixed it and it's now a decent game it will never recover from that blow. EVER.

Horrors? It was actually far more enjoyable experience for me, than PoE trading. I could just quickly buy an item i wanted, and play an ACTUAL GAME, not some "AH simulator". Item i wanted to sell, also could be just posted for sale and they'll go automatically.
AH wasnt the thing that killed D3. It "died" because there was no real currency sinks, so gold inflated more and more. Furthermore, there were no leagues, so we had no fresh economy every 3 months. Also, D3 has kinda shallow itemization and little diversity (everyone stacked just the same stats and used highest-DPS weapon, that's all). And the last, RMAH. While AH with ingame currency is great, trading with REAL MONEY in ARPG is beyond ridiculous! It was probably the most stupid decition, and caused massive problems for D3.

The reason they implemented RMAH was because RMT was prevalent in D2, and they expected it to be the same thing in D3, so they wanted to set up a safe place to RMT for D3 players.
Besides that i 100% agree with basicly everything you said.
Two words: Player Shops

Keep the web interface. Better yet, add a notice board in quest hubs to browse items. Sell a "vendor's license" to enable the feature. Sell premium tabs as they do now. The only change would be that buyers could visit the shop and make the purchase without the seller being present.

Sellers still have to manage their sales. It's still somewhat of a pain to search for items. Buyers still have to go to the seller's hideout. The pain point that shops will solve is the "I'm in lab, afk or offline" issue. It might also put a pinch on price fixers as people will be able to snipe their lowball offerings rather than letting them sit unsold duping others to post too low.
There are two types of POE players:
1) Those who want to walk uphill both ways barefoot on broken glass wearing a blindfold
2) F*cking noobs

I identify as transnational Chinese. May I have access to their QOL features, please?
"
Makillda wrote:

Keep the web interface. Better yet, add a notice board in quest hubs to browse items. Sell a "vendor's license" to enable the feature. Sell premium tabs as they do now. The only change would be that buyers could visit the shop and make the purchase without the seller being present.

Sellers still have to manage their sales. It's still somewhat of a pain to search for items. Buyers still have to go to the seller's hideout. The pain point that shops will solve is the "I'm in lab, afk or offline" issue. It might also put a pinch on price fixers as people will be able to snipe their lowball offerings rather than letting them sit unsold duping others to post too low.

Nice idea, but... this is AH, only with different name:) Besides, how you imagine "Buyers still have to go to the seller's hideout" without being in party with player? But ok, maybe this "vendor's license" could allow this. Then imagine that crowd in your hideout, browsing, staying, AFK-ing or just wondering around, if you are person who frequently has some good items for sale :)I remember one player, which stayed in my ho AFK for few hours and and I could not kick him out of it. Quite unpleasant for me.
"
"
Makillda wrote:

Nice idea, but... this is AH, only with different name:) Besides, how you imagine "Buyers still have to go to the seller's hideout" without being in party with player? But ok, maybe this "vendor's license" could allow this. Then imagine that crowd in your hideout, browsing, staying, AFK-ing or just wondering around, if you are person who frequently has some good items for sale :)I remember one player, which stayed in my ho AFK for few hours and and I could not kick him out of it. Quite unpleasant for me.

If this is an AH, we already have it with poe.trade. Good to know.

The license could provide a separate instance to solve your loiterer problem.
There are two types of POE players:
1) Those who want to walk uphill both ways barefoot on broken glass wearing a blindfold
2) F*cking noobs

I identify as transnational Chinese. May I have access to their QOL features, please?
This game needs a trading system like guild wars 2.
So it ends once with the brotherhoods that make pricefix and with the speculators. the only thing these people do is corrupt the game and tire the other players.
50 whispers to try to buy a map or currency is an insult.
"
theoc86 wrote:
No to auction house.

that would break the economy

I dont see any any key!
"
Hellshout wrote:
This game needs a trading system like guild wars 2.

No, this game does not need a system when you just throw everything into the ah and nothing ever sells because the ah is oversaturated with everything and a portion of the playerbase is daytrading items, penny pinching...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info