Trade system is TERRIBLE - and not just that

Everyone who is tired of getting spammed with whispers because poe.trade is broken, please email GGG and request they block trade API access to poe.trade (or do something about it). Literally nothing that players can do about this. If we set DND mode, we cant chat at all, let alone do legitimate trades.

And its been like...a week since poe.trade broke and people are still completely oblivious to the fact that its broken. I dont even know how its possible. When I started getting spammed with whispers on the first day for items that were sold hours ago, I figured out pretty quickly that poe.trade was broken.

Its been mentioned everywhere...reddit, forums, ingame...people are just completely oblivious somehow...

Best part is when you tell someone that its broken and they flip out and start screaming at you because poe.trade cant possibly be broken right?
Last edited by Question2 on Jun 13, 2018, 6:39:21 PM
"
Bone2flesh wrote:
"
Switi wrote:
You do know Chris doesnt even play this game? (so he doesnt know how bad and frustrating trade is) else this would have been fixed a LOOOOONG time ago......(cant we force GGG to play his own game? it would fix sooooooooo much issues we have)

If only the game has a specific mode that could allow you to not deal with trading if ypou do not like it. OH WAIT! SSF - go go go.

Just because you do not like this trading business it does not mean others feel the same. Good thing that trading is a choice and nobody is forcing you to do it.

Have a nice day.

Yes, but that's logic and reason. They don't go down well around here. This is the place for impatience, entitlement and silver platters.

They want to get rich through trading, without actually trading to get rich.

They do the same with the Lab. Say that it's not optional, because they want the passives and enchants, they just don't want to do what's required to do for those rewards.

Trading, like the Lab, IS actually optional, as proven by SSF existing, not to mention its success.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
"
IIPheXII wrote:
I'm quite sure that marketing psychologists that work for GGG, made sure that they built a frustrating looting and trading system. Frustrated players tend to find a way out of the frustration and most of them end up buying more stash tabs thinking that's the solution.

They got your money alredy, simply accept that this system is the way it is because it maintains the cash flow. You don't like it? I don't either that's why i play mostly standard where the economy is completely dead.

Not to mention whenever there are some changes you see this people arguing "muh economy got ruined" "i can't flip/abuse scrubs anymore". Somehow these people always have 10-20 supporter packs. So i guess that this mentality is correlated with higher economical success IRL, and that means GGG will target the top of the economical pyramid for the most cash income potential.

And hey, don't get me wrong. The league mechanic is great and i hope to see it in the core game, all the skill changes are amazing and other balance stuff is great too. Their marketing system is just the drawback, and that means PoE needs to make people gambling addicts and make them develop a hoarder mentality instaed of focusing in just the gameplay.

OH nononononono

You think frustrated people stay? Okey, maybe the hardcore clique would stay in misery for years, but the vast majority will leave and return to fortnite or whatever normies play now-a-days
And the only reason why we haven't a trade system is to force you to be online to make you more addicted over time as established by PhD research on the topic of online gamer's psychology.

Literally. No. Other. Reason.

Anything else is BS. More online cause globally and statistically more revenues. Period.

Deal with it, we're getting a$$fked because "F2P" (<-- lol) design. The exact same concepts used in portable / tablet gaming.
Y’all forget you don’t have to trade to play. No balls.
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
"
Mischief67 wrote:
And the only reason why we haven't a trade system is to force you to be online to make you more addicted over time as established by PhD research on the topic of online gamer's psychology.

Anything else is BS. More online cause globally and statistically more revenues. Period.

Deal with it, we're getting a$$fked because "F2P" (<-- lol) design. The exact same concepts used in portable / tablet gaming.

Completely uninformed, uninspired propaganda. Nothing more than that.

Actually, most F2P games have systems in place that automatically kick you when you're inactive, to free up space on the servers for those wanting to actually play.

Let's try to keep it practical and logical over here, instead of dipping into conspiracy theories. No, I haven't fallen off the edge of the Earth and no, aliens didn't make me post this. Honestly. We come in pea-- oh bugger.

"
Mischief67 wrote:

Except you are incorrect on all counts because the game can be finished in full without trading one single time. There are thousands of SSF players out there that can vouch for that and only a vocal minority of people like you who have a problem.

Also there is a trade system based on API and POE trade.

Even with the whole lag drama of poe.trade this league I have managed to get everything I needed. Selling goes very well too. My build is all complete (all major pieces acquired), I can do T16's, Red Elders, Shaper and any incursion I like.

The system may not be perfect but it works just fine.
"Never argue with an idiot. They will take you down to their level and beat you trough experience."
"
Bone2flesh wrote:
"
Mischief67 wrote:

Except you are incorrect on all counts because the game can be finished in full without trading one single time. There are thousands of SSF players out there that can vouch for that and only a vocal minority of people like you who have a problem.

Also there is a trade system based on API and POE trade.

Even with the whole lag drama of poe.trade this league I have managed to get everything I needed. Selling goes very well too. My build is all complete (all major pieces acquired), I can do T16's, Red Elders, Shaper and any incursion I like.

The system may not be perfect but it works just fine.

Same here, Bone, but we must be a special case. Supporters, P2W etc. You know the drill. Also we're white Knights and we blindly defend GGG at any possible moment, despite knowing full well that these complaints are logically sound and equally fair. We are the problem, mate.

My three groszes on trading:

"
Varskar wrote:
I hate trading in PoE for multiple reasons:
- AFK
- DND
- ignoring me
- using macros to thank me (if you are too lazy to type, it means you don't respect the other person)
- people going to wrong HO and requesting wrong person
- buyers requesting me instead of waiting (I left a fucking map, I'm full)
- people giving me wrong currency
- traders inviting other people to my party
- people not leaving my party
- "where the hell is my stash" hideouts
- GPU intense hideouts
- high ping hideouts
- having to tp out to trade and waste my map portals
- can't trade while having a full party
- can't trade items from different realm (1c trade, yeah I need to relog to standard bro)
- scammers - people changing my ratio, giving me less than requested etc.
- some people just can't English ;)
- browser filled with poe.trade tabs
...and probably some more.
"
Varskar wrote:
My three groszes on trading:

"
Varskar wrote:
I hate trading in PoE for multiple reasons:
- AFK
- DND
- ignoring me
- using macros to thank me (if you are too lazy to type, it means you don't respect the other person)
- people going to wrong HO and requesting wrong person
- buyers requesting me instead of waiting (I left a fucking map, I'm full)
- people giving me wrong currency
- traders inviting other people to my party
- people not leaving my party
- "where the hell is my stash" hideouts
- GPU intense hideouts
- high ping hideouts
- having to tp out to trade and waste my map portals
- can't trade while having a full party
- can't trade items from different realm (1c trade, yeah I need to relog to standard bro)
- scammers - people changing my ratio, giving me less than requested etc.
- some people just can't English ;)
- browser filled with poe.trade tabs
...and probably some more.

Here you go:

- AFK - i'm allowed to take a shit or watch a movie with my game on

- offline - I'm allowed to sleep and go to work

- DND - I am allowed to not want to interact with you

- ignoring me - I am allowed to not like your name or your low balls offers

- using macros to thank me - If it's allowed by the game rules your opinion does not matter

- people going to wrong HO and requesting wrong person - everyone makes mistakes

- buyers requesting me instead of waiting (I left a fucking map, I'm full) - I am not a mind reader and my time is more precious than yours

- people giving me wrong currency - cancel the trade and kick the person while adding them on ignore

- traders inviting other people to my party - the moment you are in a party is not YOUR party it for all the people in it.

- people not leaving my party - there is a kick button but you are lazy

- "where the hell is my stash" hideouts - no one is obligated to cater to you. have cash on you when you go to buy something

- GPU intense hideouts - not anyone's problem that your potato PC cannot handle a few shinnies.

- high ping hideouts - not all people live on the same sad rock you do

- having to tp out to trade and waste my map portals - if you need more than 2 portals for a map you are playing the game wrong.

- can't trade while having a full party - leave and join the person you are trading. rejoin after.

- can't trade items from different realm (1c trade, yeah I need to relog to standard bro) - if you trade for 1 c on standard while playing league you are losing currency

- scammers - people changing my ratio, giving me less than requested etc. - the trade window has accept buttons on both sides. deny the trade and move on.

- some people just can't English ;) - OH NO people are again not born on the same rock or have the same education

- browser filled with poe.trade tabs - buy another screen for 10 bucks and use it for POE.TRADE.

...and probably some more. - there are always things whiners find to whine about. it's neverending.
"Never argue with an idiot. They will take you down to their level and beat you trough experience."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info