Trade system is TERRIBLE - and not just that

And its not just because poe.trade has been down for the last few days. The player interaction, which may be was ok to start with in 2012, has become an outlet for stressed people to insult each other. Takes 10 minutes to find an item and 20 minutes to actually find a person that is able to trade.

And what about map thingy? Now that Atlas is something everyone does, can we go away with "WTT tier 13 Caldera map for Arsenal..."? Can at least map trading be automated? Paving a way for normal deposit-box type of interaction between players. As an option.

How about fixing that thing when people in group rotating masters and you trying to click "Visit Hideout" of the next player, and then someone in the group changes instances and the box moves from under mouse cursor, making you re-click every time? Is that a bug or a "Feature"?

How about some kind of interface for managing stash tabs? Am I the only one that drags the currency tab from the end of the stash tab to the front every league? Why are those real-money purchased utility tabs at the freaking END?? Shouldn't they be upfront? Just saying....

Sorting for standard inventory. Let's say someone got 150 tabs and played for 10 leagues plus a couple of races. That makes it about 1609 tabs, last time checked. Start with the fact that takes about 30 seconds to load the stash, and impossible to manage those tabs without sorting, and why after every league stash tabs are rearranged randomly (freaking why?) making it impossible to play Standard (SSF is ok though).

Can we have some kind of improved interface for managing stash tabs?

And last but not least - skill effects. Why do new skill effects always drop FPS? Like when perandus came out - it was bad. Now with Incursion - that purple stuff is cool and all, but why is it so laggy? Cant you guys make it better? Or finally give players an option to TURN OFF SKILL EFFECTS!!! That would be the day.
Like that ice rain - i dont need to see that crap, makes entire screen freeze. Can I have an option to "turn off other player graphic skill effects" or at least to tone it down?? Why is there still parties like "T7 maps - No Summoners allowed"? Doesnt it tell you guys something is wrong?

Again, just saying. This used to be a much better game, something happened in the last year or so... not sure though.

Last bumped on Jun 23, 2018, 9:07:03 AM
The website has its problems. Today I decided to be a good samaritan and sell devoto's devotion for 2c instead of 3 or 4. Huge mistake. I sold it quickly but because the offer stays there I got messages for 2 hours straight, hundreds of them. I obviously cant respond "sold" to every single one of them, cant activate DND because I have other trades, have to constantly check if something else is not asked for.

Overall it was a terrible experience. But hey, better than AH, right?
Every single one of your complaints can be summarized by "I'm unhappy with the results of choices that I've made, can you please adapt your game to my needs".

That's fine. But realize that they're not going to happen.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Every single one of your complaints can be summarized by "I'm unhappy with the results of choices that I've made, can you please adapt your game to my needs".

Game should ENJOY players, not FRUSTRATE them. So why developers should be deaf to player's needs? That's ridiculous!
"Customer is always right" is the golden rule here. The rule GGG had forgotten.
I stopped playing PoE because of many "this isnt going to happen", such as proper trading system, no massive FPS lags, slower gameplay, better skill balance, etc.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Jun 10, 2018, 5:33:22 PM
I'm quite sure that marketing psychologists that work for GGG, made sure that they built a frustrating looting and trading system. Frustrated players tend to find a way out of the frustration and most of them end up buying more stash tabs thinking that's the solution.

They got your money alredy, simply accept that this system is the way it is because it maintains the cash flow. You don't like it? I don't either that's why i play mostly standard where the economy is completely dead.

Not to mention whenever there are some changes you see this people arguing "muh economy got ruined" "i can't flip/abuse scrubs anymore". Somehow these people always have 10-20 supporter packs. So i guess that this mentality is correlated with higher economical success IRL, and that means GGG will target the top of the economical pyramid for the most cash income potential.

And hey, don't get me wrong. The league mechanic is great and i hope to see it in the core game, all the skill changes are amazing and other balance stuff is great too. Their marketing system is just the drawback, and that means PoE needs to make people gambling addicts and make them develop a hoarder mentality instaed of focusing in just the gameplay.
"In this game you're just a cow being milked, not a human being entertained" - Kiss_Me_Quick
Last edited by IIPheXII on Jun 10, 2018, 5:49:04 PM
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

lol what, he didn't pick a glass cannon with 3k health to play, he's talking about necessary interaction when you choose not to waste time hoping for slightly less-crappy drops on SSF. And an updated tab interface really should be freaking on GGG's list somewhere
My jewelers, alchemy, fusings, items sit on poe.trade for 12hours today, i know cause i was logged in. I got 1000+ of pms today about something that was sold 12hours ago, cool system you have there, and to anyone saying that i put it too low and it is my fault, not, i always put for higher xd. So yeah, we need AH or any website that ACTUALLY work, and it is not only today. I have been spammed for items everyday this week i play full mf char with lots of currency and items to sell i know everyday my offers are put 3h after i actually put them in my stash, and then i get spammed for 12 hours for something that i already sold and yes everything is dirty cheap and economy is bad cause of this. GGG if you dont want AH in general why not to make at least AH for currency. FFS such a good game with such a bad trading system.
They can integrate a better trade system into their existing systems without having to add an AH or trade center that might devalue their existing stash tabs if that's something they're afraid of.

IE: Add one (or more) special slot(s) to each premium stash tab (and one or more to the map/currency tabs) that lets you set a buyout price for the item (or stack of currency) you stick in that slot. If they can't fit on the existing UI, you can have a separate trade UI and just have slots unlock based on the tabs you own. Add an NPC that opens up a UI that lets you search for these listed items and buy them out whether a person is online or not. Items in these slots would not be indexed on trade sites, just purchasable via the in-game UI. When the item is sold, the currency used to buy it can be retrieved by the seller in that slot or perhaps at a trade NPC.

Your trade system would now be accessible to a vastly larger number of people who otherwise would not participate in it because they have no interest in tabbing out of the game to search websites and then whisper random people.

The system would mean you'd have limited slots to post items with. It wouldn't completely invalidate or remove the existing trade system since you'd have very limited slots to post items with an automatic buyout option compared to the ability to have many more listed in premium stash tabs. It would open up more builds and crafting and mapping options for players who hate the existing trade system without completely invalidating the existing system. People who enjoy the existing trade system would still have plenty of advantages and reasons to still participate in it if that's their thing.

A lot of people give up on a league early because this game is balanced completely and totally around trade already, but many don't want to participate in an awful trade system and don't have the patience or hope to deal with the RNG. I've heard people claim they want trade to be inconvenient because they think people would stop playing faster if they were trading, yet all common sense and data likely indicates the opposite is true. The people who spend the most time in each league probably participate in trade. Not only does trade open up more build options, crafting potential and make mapping tolerable, it also means new systems like the corruption altar are far more compelling as trade allows you to roll the dice repeatedly on the same item (that you're probably not going to find even once yourself let alone multiple times). Trade accessibility would make the game better and keep people around longer. They need to stop holding the game back with their misguided trade philosophy that simply doesn't match the way the rest of the game is designed.

TLDR: the current trade system is terrible, alternative idea posted in 2nd paragraph.
Not sure why people trade unless it's a 1 or 2 trade thing. Like no advantage. Time waster. First 100s were SSF this ladder.
Git R Dun!
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

See you here everyday, almost every post and nothing good comes out from you.

You need to find something else to do in life, this is not healthy.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info