Lightning Mirage.... stupidly overpowered

I don't understand why GGG doesn't just put a lightning based volatile in already and get rid of this. It IS annoying, and can be lost in the soup of effects especially if you are playing a melee with extra gore. I haven't died to one for a while, but they have taken out some chunks lately.

I mean, it is actually seems to do more damage than volatile, I think because the first one shocks you while damaging so additional ones do....additional damage.
The problem is not only that it has extremely high damage, (e.g one shot me with 9.7k hp, 9 end charges and 77/80/76 % max res), but the fact that multiple (and I mean 4-5 copies) can spawn on top of you if an enemy is tanky enough, especially in high level maps; where as volatile core only generally spawn once in a pack of enemies.
Last edited by HeidePoE on Jun 27, 2018, 5:28:12 AM
I play Storm Burst, I can't see the Mirage at all through the balls spam.
This Nemesis mod discourages you from using flashy MTX'es. As if spawning lightning bombs ON YOU when you hit something off screen wasn't bad enough, this stupid shit is almost impossible to notice if you use anything bright and shiny.

And, of course, it makes no sound either.

Whoever designed this crap - congratulations, you've managed to create the most idiotic retarded mod in the history of the game!
"
Kelvynn wrote:
This Nemesis mod discourages you from using flashy MTX'es. As if spawning lightning bombs ON YOU when you hit something off screen wasn't bad enough, this stupid shit is almost impossible to notice if you use anything bright and shiny.

And, of course, it makes no sound either.

Whoever designed this crap - congratulations, you've managed to create the most idiotic retarded mod in the history of the game!

Well, it's not limited to flashy mtx, but i do understand, yet the main issue still remains.

Builds that don't move fast*, but spams to deal damage are the real victims here. Things like balls of lightning, volatile dead Poet's Pen, forstbolt totems. It's already hard enough to see through all the things flying on the screen, and what do you get as a warning for lightning mirage, a quick silent lightning bolt that may as well look like a herald of thunder proc.

What's more stupid like I mention before, is if an enemy is tanky enough, it can actually spawn MORE THAN 5 lightning mirage on top of you, because ONE SINGLE lightning mirage isn't deadly enough. Did I mention, it's even more fun when grappling vines puts you at -million movement speed while either a lightning mirage or a volatile core is coming your way.
Last edited by HeidePoE on Jun 29, 2018, 5:04:05 PM
The only problem I have with these things is that the arming time is way too short. With volatiles, you can run up to them and easily run away before they explode. Try doing that to one of these. I don't know who decided to set the explosion timer to 0.1 seconds, but they seriously messed up.
Almost got deleted with my jugg when I saw it first. But it is not so deadly once you get used to it. Easily managed with movement skills when not in "auto" mode and almost harmless with range and totems. It is tolerable compared to the old volatile or phylacteral link.

Last edited by monsoonrider on Jun 29, 2018, 7:52:36 PM
When my unexpected deaths that occur in situations where I was unaware of any peril are all caused by the same thing, that's poor game design. I have busted my ass to distill down to 82% block for spells and attacks, 75% resist for elemental and chaos, and stacked over 5K life. . .so if that isn't enough, show that by killing me with a variety of game elements. And I see peril, approach it appropriately and some times, I die. That is the risk I should be facing. . .or I should be getting benched by a variety of perils. But if there is only one "gotcha". . .something is wrong.
I have found lightning mirage really slows down game play if you are watching for it. They detonate fair quickly making a no-go zone until they die.

I don't know about ranged players, but this seems to be more of a tax on melee characters. They are also not easy to see if they are on top of the monster, because there lightning effect flashes just like them. I've found they to only be annoying and little else.

I agree that lightning mirage is not a good mod.
My gripe with this new addition is that I never hear any SOUND clue about what is going to happen.
Huge design oversight in my opinion, or there are some technical problems.

That thing manages to do about 7k burst to my beefy Juggernaut from time to time. I think it is fair to say that visual warning is not enough for something this potent.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info