Lightning Mirage.... stupidly overpowered

"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
heedkid wrote:
What. I'm playing melee, never was threatened by them. 5.7k life, 75% res, some spell dodge and that's it. Couple times out of hundreds i encountered them and got hit by like half hp.
I'm really confused by this discussion.

It depends on your build. They seem to spawn per hit. If you are, for example, RF Jugg, you will never suffer from them because you never hit anything (or maybe just 1 occasionally if you charge/slam into it). If your build hits hard and kills rares with just a few hits, you will produce 1 Mirage exploding on you. But if you do a lot of smaller hits, you can easily get 3+ of them and get rekt if you fail to get away quickly.

"
heedkid wrote:
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
heedkid wrote:
What. I'm playing melee, never was threatened by them. 5.7k life, 75% res, some spell dodge and that's it. Couple times out of hundreds i encountered them and got hit by like half hp.
I'm really confused by this discussion.

It depends on your build. They seem to spawn per hit. If you are, for example, RF Jugg, you will never suffer from them because you never hit anything (or maybe just 1 occasionally if you charge/slam into it). If your build hits hard and kills rares with just a few hits, you will produce 1 Mirage exploding on you. But if you do a lot of smaller hits, you can easily get 3+ of them and get rekt if you fail to get away quickly.

Maybe they have a cooldown, or it's a random chance to spawn on hit, or w/e. Looks like you should be able to whack rares quickly. And you are using cold damage, so perhaps freezing them prevents them from spawning those things.
Yesterday I was in a Lich's arena, smashing it, when in one of the three rooms, there was a lightning mirage mob ....

Which would not have been too much of a problem on its own, the problem was that things were starting to stack, and because of the fuckton of effects and bodies and shit everywhere, my shield charge was being instantly stopped by some obstacle that I could just not see.
Of course, I did not see the lightning mirage at the start so it was already starting to stack when I tried to shield charge away.

I have high spell dodge too ( not sure if it helps, might not for all we know ), but in this situation, not knowing if I could move / where I could because of all the garbage on the screen + those lightning mirage thingy .... I logged out, not going to risk loosing the character because of that retarded situation.

And if somebody comes up with such an amazing idea @slowing down to see them and take some time .... how do you slow down a Lich fight during those 3 side spire phases ?
You can't, or you fail, so that was not an option.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Jul 17, 2018, 9:40:23 PM
I agree that mob is pure trolling...my gladiator has 82% attack AND spell block and it doesn't matter if i have 6k life, enfeeble, endurance charges, leech, fortify, res cap, they just spawn right on top of me and splat dead no time to even move or pot...so laaaaaaaaaame
Last edited by RidinDurrrpy on Jul 18, 2018, 7:44:19 PM
I ave to agree i just quit for maybe a week because of the non game this has become and this is another reason to just let this game go. There was a time when i liked this game at this point it is just not worth it guess i will try next time around . I mean come on I am killing everything on my map and boom out of nowhere dead ? you call that a game really just steal experience point from people to make your game last longer ? I don't get it the stuff in this game that kills you for just being there has all the markings of a corp out to lunch. Guess the money was that good so they don't need to fix stupidity .
"
Berylstone wrote:
As my title suggests, the Lightning Mirage mod on enemies is stupidly overpowered. If it was a boss using it... ok. Then I might could live with it. But for a common enemy to come equipped with some super move that tears massive chunks out of my defenses in less than a second is moronically overpowered and stupid. It took me awhile even to figure out what it was I was being obliterated by it would happen so quickly. And on a game where death means hours and hours (more like days or weeks actually) of lost work this is quickly reaching a point of unbearable frustration.

So I decided to make this post asking the developers to "nerf" this modification (or better yet just remove it as it's so dumb). Otherwise you may be losing me as a player in the future as I'm not quite sure how many more stupid deaths to this bullshit move I'm willing to put up with.

Why is it op?

you clear 50 monsters in less than a sec.

If poe gets any easier i will sleep while i play.
The only hard encounters is the bosses in the end game. And i am happy they start to add something that challenges you just a little bit.
"
Anubis2108 wrote:
Spoiler
"
Berylstone wrote:
As my title suggests, the Lightning Mirage mod on enemies is stupidly overpowered. If it was a boss using it... ok. Then I might could live with it. But for a common enemy to come equipped with some super move that tears massive chunks out of my defenses in less than a second is moronically overpowered and stupid. It took me awhile even to figure out what it was I was being obliterated by it would happen so quickly. And on a game where death means hours and hours (more like days or weeks actually) of lost work this is quickly reaching a point of unbearable frustration.

So I decided to make this post asking the developers to "nerf" this modification (or better yet just remove it as it's so dumb). Otherwise you may be losing me as a player in the future as I'm not quite sure how many more stupid deaths to this bullshit move I'm willing to put up with.

Why is it op?

you clear 50 monsters in less than a sec.

If poe gets any easier i will sleep while i play.
The only hard encounters is the bosses in the end game. And i am happy they start to add something that challenges you just a little bit.

I just want those to always spawn on character especially offscreen, so even the ranged attackers/casters get to enjoy them.

They are so easy with a ranged character, and I play a MF uncapped res 4K HP build and I never, ever died to them, except once where I encountered 3 at once - 2 due to twinned, 1 due to the open abyss - but for any melee build they are simply ruthless, as you need to stop what you're doing and "dance your way out".

They should add challenging content, as long as they add such "wonders" for all playstyles. And they could easily do that job a lot better than now...
PSS: Our almighty TencentGGG overlords are very scrupulous regarding criticizing their abilities to take proper decisions and consider everything "needlessly harsh and condescending"...

Good to know "free speech" doesn't apply in any form or manner on the forums these days...
Last edited by sofocle10000 on Aug 7, 2018, 11:17:09 AM
"
sofocle10000 wrote:

I just want those to always spawn on character especially offscreen, so even the ranged attackers/casters get to enjoy them.

Don't know about offscreen, but afaik, lightning mirages already do spawn on the player's character.

Ranges just have it easier because they can move and keep shotting, they don't need to wait it out before coming back on their target ( if the target is still alive ).
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
Fruz wrote:
Spoiler
"
sofocle10000 wrote:

Don't know about offscreen, but afaik, lightning mirages already do spawn on the player's character.

Ranges just have it easier because they can move and keep shotting, they don't need to wait it out before coming back on their target ( if the target is still alive ).

I know that, and I was referring to the cases where some ranged/cast characters obliterate enemies from very long distance.

The lightning mirages already do spawn on player's characters in a "half screen" radius. But when they aren't even a "blip" on the radar from "a few screens" away, of course they seem "mild".

Regardless, I feel they got a "nerf" to their explosion timer, as I was leveling an AC MS Chieftain, and they didn't seem to detonate as fast as when I first encountered them on my main Jugg - and no, I'm talking about no attack/cast speed % increase on maps - recently I could always use a movement skill to "dodge" them...
PSS: Our almighty TencentGGG overlords are very scrupulous regarding criticizing their abilities to take proper decisions and consider everything "needlessly harsh and condescending"...

Good to know "free speech" doesn't apply in any form or manner on the forums these days...
Last edited by sofocle10000 on Aug 7, 2018, 1:12:47 PM
You know what's stupidly overpowered? Knowledge of the game. You can avoid literally ANYTHING with it. They should nerf that for sure.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info