Lightning Mirage.... stupidly overpowered

"
Fruz wrote:
"
axeltt012 wrote:
Can I tell you how wrong you are by saying I play Ranged character... this dude is wearing a bow but assuming he's range without looking at the build is quite beyond being stupid.

If you actually go seek my profile you'll see my top character in hardcore where gladiators.

So I reclaim the ''git gud'' that I have posted earlier

You have mostly ranged characters, so yeah ... it's pretty safe to assume that don't have that much experience with melee chars, with that only glad (the other being a wander) of yours.

Because it makes a huge difference regarding stuff like lightning mirage.

I don't think I've ever ripped to LM (might have died once in SC to it ? not sure), but with the screen clutter, in many cases, it's really stupid how easy it is to miss it.
A little bit less now that there is a discreet sound effect, but even though ... it still partly is artificial difficulty because of screen clutter, and the fact that there are no clear obvious clues to spot it.
If you add lightning-like MTX and/or just lightning skills ... it's even worse, it really is.

I usualy delete my RIP character to have more space for others.

Anyway, I can understand how it can become a problem with lightning effects. I definitely didn't count that into account since even tho I have a decent PC I prefer to play with low graphics to (wait for it) avoid clusterfuck animations. Sure lightning mirage can be hard to see when playing flashy characters like CoC, Vaal Molten Shield, etc.

"
Universalis wrote:
What is pathetic is that thoses suffering the most from this are slow clearspeed, more likely melee, weak or early league, not cool. Unfair.

I actualy think its the other way around tbh
Anyway if your build is slow at clearspeed ill just link you a video that tell you what Chris Wilson think of your build: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBp6yeVSiDU&t=1260s

TL;DR Your build suck and you decided to handicap yourself. You get what you wanted
Last edited by axeltt012 on Jun 3, 2019, 12:40:22 PM
If you ever play with Mjolner ... you will be scared of lightning mirage.

That's probably one of the case where Lightning Mirage is the worst to be honest.
It's been slightly better recently since they added that little bit of sound, but it's still a cheap way to kill player imho, because of the effects.

And I say that playing solo, it's likely even worse to spot when playing in parties.

PS : oh, and Lightning Mirage beasts in the Arena can also be "fun" ...
It can actually literally be fun, but mostly not I guess.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Jun 3, 2019, 12:56:57 PM
Picture this: Me, playing a Ranger, phasing all the time, standing in a crowd of monsters and using barrage. A Rare with LM appears. Now this is what happens: Everytime I hit an enemy with barrage (~10 hits/sec) a lightning mirage appears at my character. For my char is phasing they are effectvly invisible. One second later they explode all at once.

Why should there be a game mechanic that makes a standard build like this a source of unavoidable frustration? For a Char like this there is no way to avoid this scenario.
"
Everytime I hit an enemy with barrage (~10 hits/sec) a lightning mirage appears at my character.

No, there is a cooldown to Lightning mirage.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Never thought about how exactly it procs, always assumed it was just on timer... but if it procs off your hits on monster, then... seems like yet another advantage for summoners, right?
Lightning mirrage is fine when your char deals a lot of damage or you are at least a ranged char. For low damage mellee builds it's the horror!
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
"
axeltt012 wrote:

I actualy think its the other way around tbh
Anyway if your build is slow at clearspeed ill just link you a video that tell you what Chris Wilson think of your build: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBp6yeVSiDU&t=1260s

TL;DR Your build suck and you decided to handicap yourself. You get what you wanted

I think you linked the wrong part. I just got distracted and watched like half an hour of it. He never said anything like that in what I saw.
Need a new signature, cuz name change. I dunno though. I guess this seems fine. Yeah, this is good.
Thread necro from june 2018.
Isn't that when they were added to the game and players thought they were overpowered and impossible to deal with lol.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info