Lightning Mirage.... stupidly overpowered

"
Motopsycho wrote:
"
suszterpatt wrote:
"
Motopsycho wrote:
It has an unique strange static noise when it spawns, so it is very easy to dodge when you know it is coming. I guess pepole play without sound or listening to music, cant blame the game for it. Maybe they shoud up the volume of that noise.

For example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsxO_JM1Mdw

at 16 and 19 sec.

Not nearly distinctive enough. Volatile Blood's telegraphing is much clearer, something like that should exist when mirages spawn.

A lot of pepole here said it has no sound effect, which is just not true. Thats why i linked the video. You just have to pay attention, thats all.

If a lightning mirage spawns in the forest, and its noise is lost amidst the zillion other skill effects going on all at once, does it make a sound?

Again, not a problem with Volatile Blood for some mysterious reason.
I've died a few times this league to the mirage due to rare occasions when it didn't make any sounds actually!

Seems like an audio overlap which negates the sound or prevent it to be played, only happened when i played winter orb, and of the 2 builds it was worst with elementalist and tons of herald sounds going off.

I feel that the mod is fine, but should have slightly better visual effect of it so you can actually see it behind clutter of mtx and actions.
You just wasted 3 seconds reading this.
Last edited by Tian_Yihao on Apr 22, 2019, 10:16:35 AM
I said it in chat, I may have said it in here too, but I am going to say it again.

There has never been a mob effect in PoE that says Eff You louder to melee than Lightning Mirage.

If you are ranged you can still attack and avoid. As a melee you either have to burn and run or constantly disengage and reengage once you run the mirages in a loop.

Not to mention the fact that as a melee by the time you hear the buzz and finish your attack animation at least one has already exploded on your ass.

Seriously - why even have melee in this game anymore with stupid effects like this?

And don't give me the "pay more attention to the mob affixes". You understand the speed of this game, right? When was the last time you actually read a rare mob's affixes BEFORE attacking rather than WHILE attacking?
Last edited by Slaanesh69 on Apr 22, 2019, 11:15:04 AM
There used to be pretty much no sound, they added a tiny bit of a sound now ... which means that they don't want to give the players a clear clue about it.

That's what difficulty means to GGG now, some way to trick the players to actually kill them because they have given so much powers and messed up the game balance so much that they are incapable of finding other "fair" or "fun" or "legit" ways of adding actual difficulty to the game.

It's as simple as that really ...
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
If that's it then GGG failed as a developer.

So let's hope not.
GGG balance is like getting a pizza which is burnt on the sides, raw in the middle and misses the most of the toppings.
Then upon sending it back you get a raw side, burnt middle and enough toppings to drench everything in grease.
Everything fixed but still broken.
Try playing a HF Jugg... Before you even know you are dead.

I'm trading damage for resists just because of situations like that. This game is so full of random one-shots outta nowhere that I prefer to spend 3h to kill a mob than waste a week of my life because of bullshit designed to fuck melee and easily avoided by ranged stuff.
"There's no thing like random one-shots in this game. You only die because you take 353,456,237 hits in 0.2 seconds."

"The best items in the game should not be crafted, they should be TRADED." - Cent, GGG
I find it amusing that monsters are more dangerous dead than alive in this game.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Well, remember the time when the volatile blood monster directly exploded on death and could be either fire, lighting or ice? I think it is much more easier to deal with them now
I know it's an old post, but I agree 100% with the OP on this. not only are they overpowered, but in some instances, literally impossible to see. They spawn directly on/under you and you have no clue they're there until they pop and you're dead. which is super frustrating, when I can kill shaper with no death, but a generic monster on a t14 can one shot me with literally no visual warning.
Those shit things killed me today couldnt avoid them as was fighting in a breach. By the time i saw them bam 1 shot.

Still not as bad as dying to absolutely nothing which happened to a bud of mine yesterday.
I say nothing it was probably an on death effect delayed by about 10 seconds.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info