Lightning Mirage.... stupidly overpowered

"
silverdash wrote:
I just got killed by it (AGAIN) while picking up some shards. Apparently they can spawn (multiple) even though you kill the mob that spawns them near-instantly...

If they spawn behind your character (or if your character is bigger because of soul eater or something) they are NOT VISIBLE nor can you hear them until it is too late. And because you killed their 'host' (near-)instantly you never even saw the mod.

These things are way more dangerous than volatile, they are very common if you run Harbinger mods and they can easily insta most builds when in groups of 2+.

Why is there no audio alert for these %$#%#@^@...

Yea lightning mirage is especially bad with harbingers, I also figured that out in Incursion flashback.
I am getting pwnd by these constantly.

Was bad in delves but I learned to watch for nemeis modded nodes and constantly be running away when attacking rares.

Now this morning in a pJ map with no nemesis mod I get an abyssal rare that fires these little f'ers at me constantly.

I would really hate to be a hardcore player having to learn these random lessons.

Fine 'good morning' to me devs! You win this day. :P

i have still yet to have a problem with them and i've been playing melee.

*shrugs*

i feel like i'm going to get nuked by one eventually, with how much i've heard... but so far they don't even register as a blip on my threat radar
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!
I am rf ee spell caster without any reflect damage mitigation except leech and life on kill. I've thought ele reflect would mobs would be worst but no. Lightning mirage had been my nightmare many times (just died 10min ago) and I'm trying to level this char!
Well I stopped wearing sparkly blue MTX - no sense making detection any more difficult (also means that I have stopped buying sparkly blue MTX too).

On the plus side, the Delve trench coat turned out to be a great replacement - everything that a cloak should be, but isn't.
I now comment in Forums with my Xbox account:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/xbox/view-profile/walkjohn55
BUMP!

Cant even see them spawning!
STUPID IDEA!
It has an unique strange static noise when it spawns, so it is very easy to dodge when you know it is coming. I guess pepole play without sound or listening to music, cant blame the game for it. Maybe they shoud up the volume of that noise.

For example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsxO_JM1Mdw

at 16, 19 and 22 sec.
Last edited by Motopsycho on Apr 22, 2019, 6:53:40 AM
"
Motopsycho wrote:
It has an unique strange static noise when it spawns, so it is very easy to dodge when you know it is coming. I guess pepole play without sound or listening to music, cant blame the game for it. Maybe they shoud up the volume of that noise.

For example:

at 16 and 19 sec.

Not nearly distinctive enough. Volatile Blood's telegraphing is much clearer, something like that should exist when mirages spawn.
"
suszterpatt wrote:
"
Motopsycho wrote:

For example:

at 16 and 19 sec.

Not nearly distinctive enough. Volatile Blood's telegraphing is much clearer, something like that should exist when mirages spawn.

A lot of pepole here said it has no sound effect, which is just not true. Thats why i linked the video. You just have to pay attention, thats all.
"
FCK42 wrote:
Honestly, I haven't even figured out what lightning mirage DOES. Might be related to my build being almost exclusively damage over time with only one skill that can hit.

There should still be a way to avoid that though. I mean'we aren't talking about pre-nerf volatile levels of bullshit here, are we?

That's because this is another anti melee thing. If you're playing ranged you just run past the enemy without noticing it.

If you're melee though, I've had characters from last league almost rip to it because I can't see it with all the shit on the screen. In fact you never really do see it, I typically only realize it's there once my hp suddenly drops to 1/4
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info