Lightning Mirage.... stupidly overpowered

Berylstone quote
"
Berylstone wrote:
"
Scarletsword wrote:
It's on the same damage-level as Volatile Flameblood and this is because it can be fully avoided as long as you're aware of the mod. That's why the mod is fine.

Lightning Mirage spawns small lightning images based on a timer (?) that will follow you around slowly and "explode" after a short amount time or when they touch you. This will deal a high amount of lightning damage with a single hit and will leave behind a small patch of shocking ground.

I assume the damage scaling of Volatile Flameblood and Lightning Mirage works the same. It's based on the mainhand damage of the monster(stonegolems, zombies hurt) and therefor map mods like % monster damage, % added damage as elemental damage or -max elemental resistances are really dangerous.

No, it is NOT fine. Not everyone plays builds that are always on the move or has the eyesight of a NASA telescope and can hone in on every mod on every rare amidst swarms of enemies.

For example: I just got done doing a rare corrupted Colosseum map. I died once during that map, and guess what it was to? I'll give you a hint. It wasn't the boss. It was one stupid little rare snake with "lightning mirage". I would literally rather fight any boss on this game I have encountered thus far (with the exception of maybe Innocence) than a single one of those stupid yellow enemies with "lightning mirage". The damage they do is just stupidly overpowered and if you can't see how dumb it is to have random little mobs wandering around who are more dangerous than boss monsters then perhaps you may want to consider re-thinking your logic.

This mod needs a nerf - and needs a nerf badly. It does way too much damage. Period. I like this game. But these stupid little "lightning mirage" enemies are testing my patience.

Here's my suggestion for your specific character setup in Incursion:

The only mitigation against elemental damage is Enfeeble + 4k life. That's extremely low and not just "Lightning Mirage" will kill you but most forms of elemental damage on a corrupted T14 will simply onehit you. You're probably even offscreening a decent amount or killing monsters that are not inside the range of Enfeeble. A single hit from an Abyss rare probably even without map mods on a T14 can onehit you.
Your character shouldn't just be geared to dodge a lot of melee hits because that's all you currently have.
Try to get more life and more mitigation against the things that kill you instead of getting frustrated.
Clearly L2P issue here. They move slow as hell, even melee builds can get away from them in time.

Sorry, some of us actually want something to challenge us in this game, rather than it all being a 100% guaranteed lootfest without any effort or investment at all.

If that stage of the game exists, that's fine, but it should be behind a massive currency wall or skill, not freely given by nerf after nerf until everything is literally a stationary loot pinata.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
"
Scarletsword wrote:
Berylstone quote
"
Berylstone wrote:
"
Scarletsword wrote:
It's on the same damage-level as Volatile Flameblood and this is because it can be fully avoided as long as you're aware of the mod. That's why the mod is fine.

Lightning Mirage spawns small lightning images based on a timer (?) that will follow you around slowly and "explode" after a short amount time or when they touch you. This will deal a high amount of lightning damage with a single hit and will leave behind a small patch of shocking ground.

I assume the damage scaling of Volatile Flameblood and Lightning Mirage works the same. It's based on the mainhand damage of the monster(stonegolems, zombies hurt) and therefor map mods like % monster damage, % added damage as elemental damage or -max elemental resistances are really dangerous.

No, it is NOT fine. Not everyone plays builds that are always on the move or has the eyesight of a NASA telescope and can hone in on every mod on every rare amidst swarms of enemies.

For example: I just got done doing a rare corrupted Colosseum map. I died once during that map, and guess what it was to? I'll give you a hint. It wasn't the boss. It was one stupid little rare snake with "lightning mirage". I would literally rather fight any boss on this game I have encountered thus far (with the exception of maybe Innocence) than a single one of those stupid yellow enemies with "lightning mirage". The damage they do is just stupidly overpowered and if you can't see how dumb it is to have random little mobs wandering around who are more dangerous than boss monsters then perhaps you may want to consider re-thinking your logic.

This mod needs a nerf - and needs a nerf badly. It does way too much damage. Period. I like this game. But these stupid little "lightning mirage" enemies are testing my patience.

Here's my suggestion for your specific character setup in Incursion:

The only mitigation against elemental damage is Enfeeble + 4k life. That's extremely low and not just "Lightning Mirage" will kill you but most forms of elemental damage on a corrupted T14 will simply onehit you. You're probably even offscreening a decent amount or killing monsters that are not inside the range of Enfeeble. A single hit from an Abyss rare probably even without map mods on a T14 can onehit you.
Your character shouldn't just be geared to dodge a lot of melee hits because that's all you currently have.
Try to get more life and more mitigation against the things that kill you instead of getting frustrated.

You have no idea what you are talking about.

I have 78% Spell Block, over 100% Lightning Resistance (yes, I know the cap is 75 - but elemental weakness happens), Mind over Matter, 7 endurance charges...etc none of which makes it possible to live through it. You shouldn't comment about other people's characters unless you actually know something about them first. Because I'm not geared to just "dodge melee hits". That's absurd.

I also do tier 14 maps all the time. The only rare enemy that gives me any trouble are the stupid lightning mirage ones. Their damage is just absurd. I don't care how much life you think you have - let a couple of them explode on you in the heat of melee and you will be dying as well.

But I do appreciate your worthless advice about players you know nothing about - it's very helpful.
Last edited by Berylstone on Jun 13, 2018, 8:14:12 AM
"
Xavathos wrote:
Clearly L2P issue here. They move slow as hell, even melee builds can get away from them in time.

Sorry, some of us actually want something to challenge us in this game, rather than it all being a 100% guaranteed lootfest without any effort or investment at all.

If that stage of the game exists, that's fine, but it should be behind a massive currency wall or skill, not freely given by nerf after nerf until everything is literally a stationary loot pinata.

No. Clearly it's a L2R (learn to read) issue on your part.

I have no problem with challenge. As I said in my OP - if it was a boss doing this kind of damage I could live with it. But for a regular monster who can randomly appear just about anywhere on the map to have this kind of damage - a monster who is often hidden among a pack of monsters - and a move with no warning except tiny little lighting sparkles under my feet that I must immediately run from else I instantly die... sorry but that is just dumb. That's not "challenge". Nor is it interesting or fun - and adds nothing of value to the game play.
Last edited by Berylstone on Jun 13, 2018, 8:13:17 AM
"
Berylstone wrote:
over 100% Lightning Resistance

Then how do you manage to die to Lighning Mirage?
"
Janustradamus wrote:
"
Berylstone wrote:
over 100% Lightning Resistance

Then how do you manage to die to Lighning Mirage?

Because the base cap is 75% - the extra resistances I have is to counter elemental weakness.

The point is my character is obviously not built to just "dodge melee hits". That poster had no clue what he or she was talking about.

Last edited by Berylstone on Jun 13, 2018, 8:41:30 AM
"
Berylstone wrote:

I have 78% Spell Block, over 100% Lightning Resistance, Mind over Matter, 7 endurance charges...etc none of which makes it possible to live through it. You shouldn't comment about other people's characters unless you actually know something about them first. Because I'm not geared to just "dodge melee hits". That's absurd.

I also do tier 14 maps all the time. The only rare enemy that gives me any trouble are the stupid lightning mirage ones. Their damage is just absurd. I don't care how much life you think you have - let a couple of them explode on you in the heat of melee and you will be dying as well.

But I do appreciate your worthless advice about players you know nothing about - it's very helpful.

Yeah, I missclicked the profile and was looking at Hemmingfish's character instead. That being said, you shouldn't even take damage with 100% lightning res.
"
Scarletsword wrote:
"
Berylstone wrote:

I have 78% Spell Block, over 100% Lightning Resistance, Mind over Matter, 7 endurance charges...etc none of which makes it possible to live through it. You shouldn't comment about other people's characters unless you actually know something about them first. Because I'm not geared to just "dodge melee hits". That's absurd.

Yeah, I missclicked the profile and was looking at Hemmingfish's character instead. That being said, you shouldn't even take damage with 100% lightning res.

/sigh

Again - the base cap is 75%. I just have over 100% to counter elemental weakness. And even with all that resistance I still die almost instantly.

That was my point.

When a random rare who just randomly pops on the map is more dangerous than 95% of this game's bosses that says to me its stupidly over-powered. But hey - maybe I"m just delusional or something and that's not over-powered at all.
Last edited by Berylstone on Jun 13, 2018, 8:24:17 AM
"
lamasf1 wrote:
Im not sure if the mod is on pre changed volatile blood level as asked in this thread, but I agree that it does way too much damage and is punishing melee more than ranged characters (again)

It doesn't help that there is hardly any warning either. Tiny little lighting sparks under your feet is really your only indication - and in the chaos of battle that's not exactly easy to notice.

I've already had to retire several of my characters because of this stupid mod.

Probably those who think "it's fine" are just highly offensive or ranged characters who kill it quickly before it has a chance to attack them. Otherwise I don't see how anyone could be ok with the stupid amount of damage this thing does.

Last edited by Berylstone on Jun 13, 2018, 8:54:03 AM
"
Berylstone wrote:
"
Scarletsword wrote:

/sigh

Again - the base cap is 75%. I just have over 100% to counter elemental weakness. And even with all that resistance I still die almost instantly.

That was my point.

When a random rare who just randomly pops on the map is more dangerous than 95% of this game's bosses that says to me its stupidly over-powered. But hey - maybe I"m just delusional or something and that's not over-powered at all.

lol the salt levels are seething through your keyboard. Take a fucking break from the game or continue to be salty towards people that are actually entertaining your whiny-ass post.

I have an MoM trapper with 4.7k life that has never died to this shit and an RF trickster that doesn't die from much at all.

Either adapt your build to the content or stop watching netflix while playing.

On a side note, I'm only speaking to you like a child because you seem to be keen to do that to others that are not immediately joining your pity party. *insert obligatory douchy /sigh here*

You gave no indication of the map mods that you had rolled on the map that caused that amount of damage? Was it ele weaknes AND minus max? Minus Max Res is like the number one spike damage killer in this game. People forget that those map mods can and WILL kill you if you are mindlessly mapping and "zone out" for a while.

Complacency is a slow and insidious killer.

This game has spike damage. It's nothing new.
Last edited by Prizy on Jun 13, 2018, 2:56:52 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info