Lightning Mirage.... stupidly overpowered

"
Prizy wrote:

Complacency is a slow and insidious killer.

Actually, in his case, it's a one shot. :P
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
This feels like the new old volatile blood, that got nerfed for good reasons. Only it also targets you if you are range.

Disliked it from the moment I saw it. In particular with a combination of life regen or another mob with "allies cannot die", this is just garbage.
“We are the race of flesh, We are the race of lovers.”
"
Frostride wrote:
This feels like the new old volatile blood, that got nerfed for good reasons. Only it also targets you if you are range.

Disliked it from the moment I saw it. In particular with a combination of life regen or another mob with "allies cannot die", this is just garbage.

Wait, you mean the mods that buff mobs actually make them more challenging? Wow! That's awesome!
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
There's a basic design principle that lightning mirage currently doesn't follow and that many other high damage spike sources do follow. Which is ...

When a source of high damage spikes is sometimes difficult to see, then that's a red flag. The obvious fix is to make sources of high damage spikes reliably easier to see.
Now that prestige classes will finally leave lab in 4.0, will GGG get it right this time or will they find new ways to repeat old mistakes?
I have to say, I'm not a fan of this mod. Using sunder and tempest shield, I tend to not notice lightning mirage has been cast on me until I start taking huge chunks of damage. 82% attack and spell block does nothing against it, and 80% lightning resist still isn't enough to keep me alive on 5.4k life.

I don't feel the damage itself is the issue, more that it appears directly on top of characters and auto hits. At least a warning sound, or having it cast from the enemy, would give players a better chance to notice it before it kills them.
I agree that Lightning Mirage does too much damage and REALLY needs a warning sound or a more noticeable visual. This thing is hard to notice when you have a lot of graphics going on. I always try to read the Nemesis mods on the orange rares, but that rare is often dead before I can move the cursor to it and read.

I once ripped to a Lightning Mirage rare spawning from a strongbox and instantly dying but producing 3 of those things that all immediately exploded on me (looks like it spawns one at 75, 50, 25% life?). That was a total BS death. If that was in HC I'd be really mad.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Jun 18, 2018, 4:49:29 PM
This mod has killed me too many times. I play Spectral Throw Buzzsaw, so it's very hard to see them most of the time.

Most of my deaths from them have been in incursions and other tight areas (usually with abyss cracks), because ST and doorways is bad, so i have to get inside the room, and a combination of my own buzzsaw animation and mob animations like the shielding totem mod (dont remember the name), makes it near impossible to see the sneaky Mirage creeping up on me.

Combine it with the shocked ground map mod and it's even harder to see.

Probably easier to see for some other builds.
Lightning Mirage in its current form is retarded.

No audio queue. They spawn on top of you, can't block them, you can't dodge them, and they do very high damage.

Use multistrike? - you're dead
Use Tempest Shield, you don't notice them = you're dead.
Use Lightning Strike - you don't see them = you're dead
Use Static Strike - you don't see them and you're dead
Use Charged dash - you don't see them and you're dead
Shocking Ground - don't notice them until you'r dead
Use any close range melee - you don't see them with all the effects going on about you = you're dead

90% of my deaths in this league are down to them irrespective of how much life I've got on top of maxed resits.

Everything else about this league is amazing, but this one piece of idiotic design has me on the verge of quitting until its removed or reworked.

People die to this?

HAHA
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
I have no problems with rare enemy mods, all my damage is crap so whites die easily and only leave that big yellow/orange enemy alive so I got plenty of time to read what they do =)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info