3.5 Saboteur LS/Arc Trap - Starter/Endgame Build Guide | Tanky | Budget | 2~3M+ DPS +VIDEOS

After being somewhat bored of PoE I decided to try a new character to see how it's potential for a league starter would be and this build is an excellent one. Really good damage and being able to one shot bosses with ease is amazing.

Just to show how strong this build is and to challenge myself a bit I tried shaper with a level 1 white dagger, goldrim, tabula rasa, some ring to give me like 30 or so resistances to have me capped and a regular a lvl 50 or so mana potion + my usual gear. Also wasn't using any quality gems or level 20 gems as you can tell by my profile. Here is the video if anyone wants to see what this build can do without a whole lot of gear and at level 80.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HospQV4i0aM

I died twice doing dumb stuff so you could very much go deathless with that gear setup but, I suck so. Anyways great build and I'd recommend this for anyone looking for a good league starter.
Last edited by FCHatred on Jul 15, 2018, 3:35:50 PM
This may have been asked before, but what about the Unstable Payload jewel?
Sure, it doesn't give you life, but it should effectively work as an additional 'More' multiplier on top of the other ones.
"
FCHatred wrote:
After being somewhat bored of PoE I decided to try a new character to see how it's potential for a league starter would be and this build is an excellent one. Really good damage and being able to one shot bosses with ease is amazing.

Just to show how strong this build is and to challenge myself a bit I tried shaper with a level 1 white dagger, goldrim, tabula rasa, some ring to give me like 30 or so resistances to have me capped and a regular a lvl 50 or so mana potion + my usual gear. Also wasn't using any quality gems or level 20 gems as you can tell by my profile. Here is the video if anyone wants to see what this build can do without a whole lot of gear and at level 80.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HospQV4i0aM

I died twice doing dumb stuff so you could very much go deathless with that gear setup but, I suck so. Anyways great build and I'd recommend this for anyone looking for a good league starter.

Nicely done!
Ok so I'm hyper casual because I work crazy hours, but I managed to hit mapping the other day. I've been largely unlucky for getting decent gear up til now so I'm making do with what I've found, though a couple of nice uniques fell my way making it easier to level at least. My question is that I see the suggestion is for Mirebough or a dagger, which I get. What I'm wearing right now (on my 72 saboteur in profile) is a Sekhem I scored before Act 6 with 76% increased lightning damage on it. Everytime I swap it to what could be a better weapon, I end up losing a good 200-300 or more dps off of arc as a result. So... should I take the hit and replace it, or did I just get stupid lucky while leveling until I score a Mirebough?

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/pjwolfcry/characters
Last edited by pjwolfcry on Jul 30, 2018, 7:10:06 AM
Im rather new myself but from what i know, the reason that mace has been so good for you isnt the 79%lightning dmg roll alone, its that and the 2nd phys dmg roll on top of that. So when looking to upgrade, the new weapon should have at the least the same in that it has 2 dmg rolls.
can u be more specific on leveling I kinda don't get it like why would I use herald of ice and thunder when the pastebin doesn't say and u say 4th link arc but 4th link on what im really confused be really helpful if it was step by step instead of sayin just go and the gems will work themselves out lol gonna use this build for the race and need specifics seeing as no one will have anything
"
pjwolfcry wrote:
Ok so I'm hyper casual because I work crazy hours, but I managed to hit mapping the other day. I've been largely unlucky for getting decent gear up til now so I'm making do with what I've found, though a couple of nice uniques fell my way making it easier to level at least. My question is that I see the suggestion is for Mirebough or a dagger, which I get. What I'm wearing right now (on my 72 saboteur in profile) is a Sekhem I scored before Act 6 with 76% increased lightning damage on it. Everytime I swap it to what could be a better weapon, I end up losing a good 200-300 or more dps off of arc as a result. So... should I take the hit and replace it, or did I just get stupid lucky while leveling until I score a Mirebough?

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/pjwolfcry/characters

You can get mirebough for a cheap 6l but if you can afford something better do so. You lose quite a lot of critical strike stats by using it. Daggers have nice crit chance so they are always a good choice. Mirebough can be used very early so i ended up using it anyway. Nice little upgrade for lvl 32.

I checked your charachter and you ought to get some upgrades. Most of your items are crap (some items had only 10 life) for lvl 70+ and the weapon is no different. No offence of course.

"
rvaHammer wrote:
Im rather new myself but from what i know, the reason that mace has been so good for you isnt the 79%lightning dmg roll alone, its that and the 2nd phys dmg roll on top of that. So when looking to upgrade, the new weapon should have at the least the same in that it has 2 dmg rolls.

I don't know what mace your are talking about or to whom you are replying but the phys damage on a mace doesn't work with traps or casting spells only for actually swinging the weapon which we do not do.

"
can u be more specific on leveling I kinda don't get it like why would I use herald of ice and thunder when the pastebin doesn't say and u say 4th link arc but 4th link on what im really confused be really helpful if it was step by step instead of sayin just go and the gems will work themselves out lol gonna use this build for the race and need specifics seeing as no one will have anything

You can use heralds for adding some extra damage while leveling. If you don't need more damage and would rather use your mana pool for something else by all means go ahead and drop those heralds.
It says you can put added lightning as the 4:th link in your arc setup? Maybe you missed that under leveling.

If you have more questions ask here i will try and help if the thread creator isn't around.
Last edited by kompaniet on Aug 3, 2018, 10:33:44 AM
Hello its my first time playing a trapper. Can anyone explain me whats the reason to use bear trap. ( Shouldnt Arc + Lightning spire cover everything)
I was thinking to add a 2nd CWDT setup for a lightning golem or Assasin Mark or detonate bombs?
Thanks for the help . Im playing it in flashback atm and everything is still expensive XD.
"
Schattenpanda wrote:
Hello its my first time playing a trapper. Can anyone explain me whats the reason to use bear trap. ( Shouldnt Arc + Lightning spire cover everything)
I was thinking to add a 2nd CWDT setup for a lightning golem or Assasin Mark or detonate bombs?
Thanks for the help . Im playing it in flashback atm and everything is still expensive XD.

read the description of bear trap again carefully. it's a good debuff.

pretty sure detonate mines do not work with traps.
"
kompaniet wrote:
"
Schattenpanda wrote:

read the description of bear trap again carefully. it's a good debuff.

pretty sure detonate mines do not work with traps.

Yeah just saw i dont know why i thought of mines. I know bear trap is a slow .

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info