[3.3] Noodle's Arc Trap + Lightning Spire Trap Saboteur (Budget 2.2M+ Shaper DPS)

So I'm playing a variation on this (mostly in how I level and some of the supprting skills) pretty fun so far, still haven't decided if I want to go MoM or not.

What I did notice tho is that the Dynamo notable isn't the best choice if you want a bigger mana pool (for the same 2 points just go for Soul Siphon 3% and a flat +10 mana as well as some mana gain on kill). Now I'm not sure how said 3% and some compares to the 8% reduced mana cost but it's something to think about atleast.
Hi I want to try this build but the leveling section is pretty small and im pretty clueless about how to start leveling the shadow (obviously can't use the high level gems yet and I have tabula but not sure what to link to it ... explosive trap and ... no idea)?
"
"
how does tinkerskin affect chain reaction at all x_X?

Sorry, should have clarified: With Chain Reaction, the benefits of Tinkerskin only apply to the area of the first trap triggered (since other traps aren't considered "triggered" by an enemy). You can work around this by increasing Trigger Radius of traps. It's not negated but the benefits of Tinkerskin are reduced by Chain Reaction.

Hi, sorry i still don´t get what you are saying. Maybe my english ist just to bad.

Do you say with chain reaction, from 4 thrown traps, only 1 can trigger the Tinkerskin effect?
Or that only the traps within the trap trigger radius of the first triggered trap, triggers the thinkerskin effect? So, maybe 2 or 3 from the 4 Traps trigger the thinkerskin effect?

The only other information i got regarding this ist from reddit:

"
Also, as a bit of bonus info - know that enemies triggering traps also gets higher priority than both Chain Reaction and 0 duration i.e. even if you do use either of those, if an enemy is close enough to trigger a trap, it always counts as the trigger event and hence activates all the 'traps triggered by enemies' buffs, so they're not incompatible together.

Its not that easy to test it. But i always noticed a incredible amount of healing from the Tinkerskin effect. And i definitily had the situation that 4 thrown traps healed me for 200 Energy Shield. So each single trap triggerd the tinkerskin effect.
How does everyone do defensive wise with trapper builds?

Its my first trapper build an i have especially survivability issues reagarding ranged attacks. Sometimes i die within a fraction of a second.

My gear currently is still extremly bad. But i don´t see that much room for improvement defensive wise. I can´t get 3k more life, or 20k Armour. And i really don´t like MoM.

As you can see, its still mostly the equip and gem setups from leveling. Didn´t cared about it yet. But i now want to upgrade to something with a lot more survivability to get into red maps without much issues.

So, any ideas how to improve the survivability noticable? Should i eg aim for positiv chaos resistances?

Last edited by Rake7 on Jun 8, 2018, 10:06:53 AM
First off I want to see it has been fun leveling this build so far.

A quick question, I saw you edited the post recommending a Starkonja's Helm, but what is the opinion on using a Rat's Nest?
"
Rake7 wrote:

Its my first trapper build an i have especially survivability issues reagarding ranged attacks. Sometimes i die within a fraction of a second.

My gear currently is still extremly bad. But i don´t see that much room for improvement defensive wise. I can´t get 3k more life, or 20k Armour. And i really don´t like MoM.

As you can see, its still mostly the equip and gem setups from leveling. Didn´t cared about it yet. But i now want to upgrade to something with a lot more survivability to get into red maps without much issues.

So, any ideas how to improve the survivability noticable? Should i eg aim for positiv chaos resistances?

To be honest, don't get hit. I run my own variation and the key is to kill about everything in one cast or 2. Evade boss mechanics and kill them just as fast. You really can't tank anything but the damage is supreme. I can only recommend MoM if you struggle with surviving mid tier maps.

Take a look at my sab if you need some inspiration, name is Schachlickschmuggler.

Edit: Ignore the Lightpoacher, I didn't knew it wasn't working with traps, but I have to say the jewels are juice with the crit mulit and life.
Last edited by Keuleneule on Jun 8, 2018, 2:05:32 PM
Why is Expeditious Munitions 3-passive branch is totally ignored even at 100 passives? its right at the start too.
"
EndruWiggin wrote:
Why is Expeditious Munitions 3-passive branch is totally ignored even at 100 passives? its right at the start too.

Hey because Arc isnt supported by inc area, would be a waste to grab those 3 points :)
"
Keuleneule wrote:
"
Rake7 wrote:

To be honest, don't get hit. I run my own variation and the key is to kill about everything in one cast or 2. Evade boss mechanics and kill them just as fast. You really can't tank anything but the damage is supreme. I can only recommend MoM if you struggle with surviving mid tier maps.

Take a look at my sab if you need some inspiration, name is Schachlickschmuggler.

Edit: Ignore the Lightpoacher, I didn't knew it wasn't working with traps, but I have to say the jewels are juice with the crit mulit and life.

Your profile is set as private...
If you meant me, my profile isn't set to private.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info