[3.3] Noodle's Arc Trap + Lightning Spire Trap Saboteur (Budget 2.2M+ Shaper DPS)

"
turbofog wrote:
No Expeditious Munitions in the tree? Is it because we don't need the damage anymore?

The trap trigger AoE doesn't help us much, and we can get the trap throwing speed + damage elsewhere. These nodes are better for things like ice or fire trap.
"
Djoze wrote:
So I'm playing a variation on this (mostly in how I level and some of the supprting skills) pretty fun so far, still haven't decided if I want to go MoM or not.

What I did notice tho is that the Dynamo notable isn't the best choice if you want a bigger mana pool (for the same 2 points just go for Soul Siphon 3% and a flat +10 mana as well as some mana gain on kill). Now I'm not sure how said 3% and some compares to the 8% reduced mana cost but it's something to think about atleast.

I'd be curious how this compares. I think reducing mana cost and increasing mana regen are the best way to sustain a mana pool, but I'm wondering if the +mana on kill would be better. I'd love to hear feedback!
Spoiler
"
Rake7 wrote:
"
"
how does tinkerskin affect chain reaction at all x_X?

Sorry, should have clarified: With Chain Reaction, the benefits of Tinkerskin only apply to the area of the first trap triggered (since other traps aren't considered "triggered" by an enemy). You can work around this by increasing Trigger Radius of traps. It's not negated but the benefits of Tinkerskin are reduced by Chain Reaction.

Hi, sorry i still don´t get what you are saying. Maybe my english ist just to bad.

Do you say with chain reaction, from 4 thrown traps, only 1 can trigger the Tinkerskin effect?
Or that only the traps within the trap trigger radius of the first triggered trap, triggers the thinkerskin effect? So, maybe 2 or 3 from the 4 Traps trigger the thinkerskin effect?

The only other information i got regarding this ist from reddit:

"
Also, as a bit of bonus info - know that enemies triggering traps also gets higher priority than both Chain Reaction and 0 duration i.e. even if you do use either of those, if an enemy is close enough to trigger a trap, it always counts as the trigger event and hence activates all the 'traps triggered by enemies' buffs, so they're not incompatible together.

Its not that easy to test it. But i always noticed a incredible amount of healing from the Tinkerskin effect. And i definitily had the situation that 4 thrown traps healed me for 200 Energy Shield. So each single trap triggerd the tinkerskin effect.

I'm saying that you only get the effect from the 1 trap that an enemy triggers. The specific wording on Tinkerskin is "triggered by an enemy," therefore you only get the benefits from that 1 trap if you are using Chain Reaction, because those are "triggered" by chain reaction and not "triggered by an enemy." There is still some benefit, just less, and if you throw many groups, or 1 single trap at a time, you will get the benefit from 1 trap in each group thrown.

Edit: If you have enough trap trigger radius, you can get overlap. After discussing with my friend who has played trappers multiple leagues; if your traps overlap like a Venn Diagram, more than one trap can count as triggered by an enemy and you would get the bonus from each trap in that overlap area.
Last edited by KittenCatNoodle on Jun 9, 2018, 4:06:05 PM
"
First off I want to see it has been fun leveling this build so far.

A quick question, I saw you edited the post recommending a Starkonja's Helm, but what is the opinion on using a Rat's Nest?

That would be fine! I like Starkonja's for the added life, but you're getting better crit chance with Rat's Nest and I'm all for that.
Spoiler
"
Rake7 wrote:
How does everyone do defensive wise with trapper builds?

Its my first trapper build an i have especially survivability issues reagarding ranged attacks. Sometimes i die within a fraction of a second.

My gear currently is still extremly bad. But i don´t see that much room for improvement defensive wise. I can´t get 3k more life, or 20k Armour. And i really don´t like MoM.

As you can see, its still mostly the equip and gem setups from leveling. Didn´t cared about it yet. But i now want to upgrade to something with a lot more survivability to get into red maps without much issues.

So, any ideas how to improve the survivability noticable? Should i eg aim for positiv chaos resistances?

If it helps, decoy totem is my best friend. Part of why I chose whirling blades / daggers is because it really help with manually evading attacks.

If you want, I can look over your tree and gear more specifically sometime.
"
EndruWiggin wrote:
"
hyyyben wrote:
"
EndruWiggin wrote:
Why is Expeditious Munitions 3-passive branch is totally ignored even at 100 passives? its right at the start too.

Hey because Arc isnt supported by inc area, would be a waste to grab those 3 points :)

Thanks for the answer!

But it does say "increased trap TRIGGER aoe", that means the trap themselves are bigger and more chance for the hitbox to hit enemies no? plus total 20% trap damage and 16% trap speed.

While there are some benefits, you're using 3 points on the tree to get +1750 avg hit dps for Arc and +1750 avg hit dps for Lightning Spire Trap. There are points that give us more avg hit dps in 1 node than those 3 combined.

And really, you'll have plenty of DPS. Using those 3 nodes for defenses is better.
"

I'm saying that you only get the effect from the 1 trap that an enemy triggers. The specific wording on Tinkerskin is "triggered by an enemy," therefore you only get the benefits from that 1 trap if you are using Chain Reaction, because those are "triggered" by chain reaction and not "triggered by an enemy." There is still some benefit, just less, and if you throw many groups, or 1 single trap at a time, you will get the benefit from 1 trap in each group thrown.

I have done some further testing in low level Areas.

I definitly get full use of Tinkerskin with Chain Reaction. When i throw 4 Traps, i get healed for 200 ES (and 400 Life - but ES was easier to see because of no regeneration).

Its works like it is written on reddit. It first checks for every single trap if it can be triggered by an enemy. Only after that chain reaction trigger the remaining ones.

So Tinkerskin + increased Trap Trigger AoE works extremly well.
Last edited by Rake7 on Jun 8, 2018, 7:50:15 PM
I'm newbie, i try to find starkonja head with 4 blue but can't find any,so how i can get it,ty
"
"
First off I want to see it has been fun leveling this build so far.

A quick question, I saw you edited the post recommending a Starkonja's Helm, but what is the opinion on using a Rat's Nest?

That would be fine! I like Starkonja's for the added life, but you're getting better crit chance with Rat's Nest and I'm all for that.

Ah okay! That makes sense. Thank you!
"
Doomminic wrote:
I'm newbie, i try to find starkonja head with 4 blue but can't find any,so how i can get it,ty

Do the vorici crafting bench socket trick. It's on youtube if you cannot find the info.
Last edited by HappyRogue on Jun 9, 2018, 12:36:44 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info