[3.3] Noodle's Arc Trap + Lightning Spire Trap Saboteur (Budget 2.2M+ Shaper DPS)

I'm leveling up (level 50 SF now!) and I got to say Arc Trap is ridiculous.
I have tried trap with a few lightning spells, but the speed of Arc Trap stands out. And it's so amazing to have server side targeting.

My spiffy noob 4L is: Arc, Trap, Phantasm, Innervate

Now every monster gets electrified as fast as my endgame elemental witch can do.
And the Phantasms tank really nice, with about 50% replacement on kill.
It's FAST and HANDY in mines.

I play casters and I used to have issues on boss fights. But these traps vapourise anything.
"
I'm leveling up (level 50 SF now!) and I got to say Arc Trap is ridiculous.
I have tried trap with a few lightning spells, but the speed of Arc Trap stands out. And it's so amazing to have server side targeting.

My spiffy noob 4L is: Arc, Trap, Phantasm, Innervate

Now every monster gets electrified as fast as my endgame elemental witch can do.
And the Phantasms tank really nice, with about 50% replacement on kill.
It's FAST and HANDY in mines.

I play casters and I used to have issues on boss fights. But these traps vapourise anything.

Arc trap is good, but then when you party with BV Ele/ Ele Hit you'd feel like a turtle cuz traps took too long to detonate :P (They killed it before your trap can trigger)

When it comes to trash clear, bv ele is WAY better, yet they're untouched this patch lolz..
Hey peeps! I'll update this for 3.4 in a while; but just some quick notes:

1) Yes, this build is still viable. It is no longer "broken" (especially with the shimmeron and shield charge nerfs, although those don't affect THIS version of arc trapper) but it is still good.

2) The biggest hit to our damage is "cluster traps throw 2 traps instead of 3". This makes getting shaper gloves with "skills throw additional trap" even MORE essential to the build.

3) Lightning spire trap is MORE OP than before, so if you are having trouble in end game it may be better to keep LST in your 6 link and arc trap in the 5 link shaper gloves.
Which Pantheons do you peeps think are best for delving with this build? Specced MoM and got Lavianga's which made it a lot easier to push past 300 depth but been getting some random deaths in Delve when there are 12% dmg pene mods etc. on the mobs.

Also this build still blows up bosses. Easiest red elder kills and shaper kills of my life etc. Even killed Lich in depth 292(monster lvl83) which supposedly is more brutal than uber elder, probably gonna try uber elder soon.

Another note: additional trap gloves are super expensive but I managed to craft shaper gloves with lvl20 trap and mine damage support, 31% increased trap damage and +30% crit multi to socketed spells and them puppies just skyrocketed my lightning spire dmg which is socketed to the gloves. The damage over doubled so I'm not even sure if additional trap would be better? :D
Last edited by Carnivori on Sep 17, 2018, 11:48:24 AM
Played this as my league starter and am still using it.

I'm at 159/159 Atlas, did all content including my first uber elder and uber atziri kill, latter even deathless. Delved only to 329 so far, but more so because I didn't try to push down further yet.

I've stuck with Multi Trap over Cluster tho, because the only upside I saw with post-nerf cluster was the more spread out pattern of the thrown traps, but that wasn't worth the loss of damage for me. As long as I target the enemies, I feel like I get more DPS out of Multi. I'm also running a Tinkerskin and most of the trigger area nodes, so that helps with Multi over Cluster as well.

Build felt very smooth to level with and feels near unkillable in any map regardless of mods (even "no regen" due to tinkerskin and a "recover mana if you use a skill while having clarity" watcher's eye). Leveled from 95 to 98 deathless in zana elder modded t16s and 300+ delves. With how strong the zana shape/elder mod is and that it rolls random mods, having a build that doesn't have to fear any mods is big plus.

You could add Fossil crafting to the weapons section. Aetheric+Prismatic+Metallic can roll some pretty decent daggers.

Last edited by jurrasstoil on Sep 28, 2018, 9:34:34 AM
Heya buddy! Wanna test your build out on league start and maybe this is a foolish question but why we need lightspire traps when we always use arc+lightning?
Noodle, would you say this build is 3.5 viable? I really need to know because I can't decide what to play.
"
Noodle, would you say this build is 3.5 viable? I really need to know because I can't decide what to play.

Absolutely still viable! As jurasstoil suggested, I think using multi-trap instead of cluster trap may be a good change due to the cluster trap nerf. Other than that, everything should be ready for 3.5
"
Kelumsa wrote:
Heya buddy! Wanna test your build out on league start and maybe this is a foolish question but why we need lightspire traps when we always use arc+lightning?

Not a foolish question! Lightning spire trap can help us shock, and is nice single target. For example, in a battle like Elder when you have Elder + octopuses w/ degen ground, throwing down a lightning spire at that octopus gives you more mobility/choices with your arc + lightning. Honestly, most of the time you won't need it. But for bosses it's helpful.
aint added lightning would be better than ele focus/controlled destruction?
Also can i have 2 daggers if i hate flame dash? what should i looking for on daggers?
Last edited by xxxMEMELORDxxx on Dec 28, 2018, 9:12:20 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info