[3.3] Noodle's Arc Trap + Lightning Spire Trap Saboteur (Budget 2.2M+ Shaper DPS)

"

Ascendancy
No Tinkerskin
Because Tinkerskin negates the effect of Chain Reaction, I don't plan to use it. The combination of all traps triggering at the same time + the chaining of Arc = OP; and we get Frenzy Charges from Master Sapper on the Tree and Power Charges from our Orb of Storms-CoH-Assassin's Mark-Arcane Surge setup. Therefore I took these ascendancy nodes:

1. Perfect Crime
2. Chain Reaction
3. Pyromaniac
4. Born in the Shadows
I am in Softcore, so in Hardcore you may want to take Pyromaniac first, for the life regen, then Perfect Crime->Chain Reaction->Born in the Shadows.

NOTE: You can totally use Chain Reaction with Tinkerskin, but it's a bit of overlap. Feel free to use both if you want.

Using Tinkerskin
If you want to use Tinkerskin, there isn't much point in taking Chain Reaction. So I would take:

1. Pyromaniac
2. Perfect Crime
3. Explosives Expert
4. Born in the Shadows

Can you please explain why Tinkerskin and Chain Reaction negate each other? I couldn't found anything about this topic. Where do you get that information? There is no statement in the Wiki and no mention of this in Marks Mechanical Question Thread.

I think what you ment is here the perks from Tinkerskin only proc if a trap is triggered from an enemy and does not work with the traps triggered my chain reaction. This can be countered with trap trigger radius.

Reddit article about that

Btw, Master Sapper and Blast Cascade also have the wording that they grad their charges when a trap is triggered by an enemy. Therefore Chain Reaction doesn't proc that either. So I don't see downside for Tinkerskin under the circumstance you have some trap trigger radius. And according to your final tree, you've got a decent amount of that.

In my eye's Tinkerskin and Chain Reaction does not negate each other and work very well together.

If I'm wrong and missed an information somewhere, please educate me :)

cheers

Bison
█▀▀▌ █▌█▀▀▀ █▀▀▌█▄░▌
█▀▀█ █▌▀▀▀█ █░░▌█▀▌▌
█▄▄▌ █▌█▄▄█ █▄▄▌█░█▌
Arc trapper is so freaking strong at leveling! I leveled using ZiggyD’s strategy from the video he posted. Then I got some Deerstalkers, one of those new resist belts, and that ridiculous Vaal amulet and am now shredding through the storyline content with Arc traps. Thanks for the build.

What pantheons are you using?
Last edited by Neehan on Jun 5, 2018, 2:40:05 PM
Why use a whole orb of storms setup over charged traps support?
Tinkerskin works when enemies trigger your traps, so you want all of them to be triggered by enemies. Chain Reaction causes your traps to trigger your other traps, so only the first one gives you the benefit from Tinkerskin. If you go Tinkerskin, you want large trigger radius so Cluster Traps will overlap, and if an enemy triggers one, they trigger them all at once.
Looking for a boss killer build and I really love arc and traps was just gunna make a Rf jug but saw this guide. How well does this build take on red elder shaper etc, or would I be better off just making that jug
How do you sustain your mana?

Mana Cost from your PoB for Arc Trap is 76, Mana Regen is 69.6. And you're not using Clartiy. How does it work?
Can someone post their gear I'm a struggling noob.
"
FrostyJesus wrote:
I'm thinking about getting gloves that have the "supported by x lvl trap support" and socketing arc there instead, and then swapping lighting spire trap into the 6L for ultimate boss demolition. Do you think this could potentially be better than have arc in a 6L?

I haven't had issues with single target yet, but I'd be curious what you think! I don't think lightning spire needs much more than AoE to be pretty awesome. What links were you thinking?
"
JadeXavier wrote:
Tinkerskin works when enemies trigger your traps, so you want all of them to be triggered by enemies. Chain Reaction causes your traps to trigger your other traps, so only the first one gives you the benefit from Tinkerskin. If you go Tinkerskin, you want large trigger radius so Cluster Traps will overlap, and if an enemy triggers one, they trigger them all at once.

Thanks for the clarification! I think you can totally use both, but it is hard to get more Tinkerskin bonus from the 1 trap that triggers first, so this is a good thing to note for those wanting to use both: increase trigger radius.
Spoiler
"
eviL_Bison wrote:
"

Ascendancy
No Tinkerskin
Because Tinkerskin negates the effect of Chain Reaction, I don't plan to use it. The combination of all traps triggering at the same time + the chaining of Arc = OP; and we get Frenzy Charges from Master Sapper on the Tree and Power Charges from our Orb of Storms-CoH-Assassin's Mark-Arcane Surge setup. Therefore I took these ascendancy nodes:

1. Perfect Crime
2. Chain Reaction
3. Pyromaniac
4. Born in the Shadows
I am in Softcore, so in Hardcore you may want to take Pyromaniac first, for the life regen, then Perfect Crime->Chain Reaction->Born in the Shadows.

NOTE: You can totally use Chain Reaction with Tinkerskin, but it's a bit of overlap. Feel free to use both if you want.

Using Tinkerskin
If you want to use Tinkerskin, there isn't much point in taking Chain Reaction. So I would take:

1. Pyromaniac
2. Perfect Crime
3. Explosives Expert
4. Born in the Shadows

Can you please explain why Tinkerskin and Chain Reaction negate each other? I couldn't found anything about this topic. Where do you get that information? There is no statement in the Wiki and no mention of this in Marks Mechanical Question Thread.

I think what you ment is here the perks from Tinkerskin only proc if a trap is triggered from an enemy and does not work with the traps triggered my chain reaction. This can be countered with trap trigger radius.

Reddit article about that

Btw, Master Sapper and Blast Cascade also have the wording that they grad their charges when a trap is triggered by an enemy. Therefore Chain Reaction doesn't proc that either. So I don't see downside for Tinkerskin under the circumstance you have some trap trigger radius. And according to your final tree, you've got a decent amount of that.

In my eye's Tinkerskin and Chain Reaction does not negate each other and work very well together.

If I'm wrong and missed an information somewhere, please educate me :)

cheers

Bison

Hey! Yes I should clear up that it's not great to use together only because Tinkerskin only gives bonus from the first trap triggered, rather than each trap after Chain Reaction is set up. You can choose to overlap if you want, and scaling trigger radius does help!
Last edited by KittenCatNoodle on Jun 5, 2018, 7:30:22 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info