[3.3] Noodle's Arc Trap + Lightning Spire Trap Saboteur (Budget 2.2M+ Shaper DPS)

Spoiler
"
Tankh wrote:
Playing almost identical build myself and have a few thoughts.

No way I'm skipping phase acrobatics. The constructs are hard enough as they are even with 5100 hp + 800 energy shield and positive chaos resistance with atziri flask up

I got myself a Vaal Grace to buff dodge even further, linked together with the increased duration in CWDT immortal call setup. 9-10 seconds of around 70% dodge is veery nice.

Why Controlled Destruction instead of Elemental Focus Support? I would guess because you cannot Shock with elemental focus?

I would highly suggest people buy a chest piece with the new +flat life / +% life hybrid affix. It's really not very expensive, even with a bit of resistances ( http://poe.trade/search/ohinoosinikano )

I did manage to kill Red Elder (My 2nd Elder kill ever, first Red Elder). Didn't die once on guardians, but the Elder fight was a bit sloppy and I died like 4 times. Could very well be due to some inexperience though.
At least I managed to finish all acts without any deaths, which is also a first time for me! \o/

I agree after some testing that it is worth dropping some life/dps for Phase Acrobatics and have updated the build to reflect that, thanks to you (and all) for feedback on that. I had been using quartz flask but the addition of phase acro is nice.

Shock is a huge bonus for us so that is indeed why I chose CD over EF.

Yes, the new chest pieces are great! Everything shown here is for budget/beginner and I enjoy seeing the improvements people have made! I've been able to kill Red Elder + Shaper + Guardians + Elder Guardians no issues, onto Uber Elder now >:)
"
HappyRogue wrote:
Tinkerskin is pretty overrated, shimmerons now because i could no longer stand whirling blades.

Totally fair! I like to manually dodge in fights, so Flame Dash is a no go and didn't want to use a whole 4 link for lightning warp. I love whirling blades, but I've seen lots of people doing shield charge setups as well. What MS are you using with Shimmerons?
"
minimetom wrote:
hi , been playing this build and really enjoying it.. one question i had is how do you generate endurance charges for your immortal strike - cast when damage taken link? i cant seem to work it out

Check that you haven't over-leveled your Immortal Call past the threshold where CWDT can trigger it. Check the levels on my gear setup. Since you aren't self casting IC, it works without any endurance charges needed.
Spoiler
"
Chimerka wrote:
I dont understand passives tree in this build.

Crit build using Cracling speed instead of Throatseeker - more DPS

WWblades as movement skill, but no Coordination passive, like who wants to go fast right? :D

Nullification = 5% life and 8% all res + eva / es, well its good, but i would get Expeditious Munitions - 16% trap throwing speed! also trigger area + dmg

Scion life wheel nodes are great, but for MoM type of tree (you still get 5k life + 2k mana or 4k life + 1.6k mana with bad gear) i would rather get for my passive points little less life, but more dodge and dmg, so i suggest to go into right bottom section of tree instead of Scion life wheel and get this nodes:

Phase acrobatics, Heartseeker, Herbalism

Endgame optimized passive tree here - little less life, more dmg, more utility (dodge, spell dodge)

I agree with your comments on Phase Acro and Coordination and have added those. You seem a little salty but you're not wrong! Haha.

The Constitution node in scion is clutch, but also, so is the Shaper node for MoM. You get 2 jewel slots pathing down; the intelligence and +% total mana.

Of course there are different ways to play this build. Thanks for sharing yours!
"
Spoiler
"
Tankh wrote:
Playing almost identical build myself and have a few thoughts.

No way I'm skipping phase acrobatics. The constructs are hard enough as they are even with 5100 hp + 800 energy shield and positive chaos resistance with atziri flask up

I got myself a Vaal Grace to buff dodge even further, linked together with the increased duration in CWDT immortal call setup. 9-10 seconds of around 70% dodge is veery nice.

Why Controlled Destruction instead of Elemental Focus Support? I would guess because you cannot Shock with elemental focus?

I would highly suggest people buy a chest piece with the new +flat life / +% life hybrid affix. It's really not very expensive, even with a bit of resistances ( http://poe.trade/search/ohinoosinikano )

I did manage to kill Red Elder (My 2nd Elder kill ever, first Red Elder). Didn't die once on guardians, but the Elder fight was a bit sloppy and I died like 4 times. Could very well be due to some inexperience though.
At least I managed to finish all acts without any deaths, which is also a first time for me! \o/

I agree after some testing that it is worth dropping some life/dps for Phase Acrobatics and have updated the build to reflect that, thanks to you (and all) for feedback on that. I had been using quartz flask but the addition of phase acro is nice.

Shock is a huge bonus for us so that is indeed why I chose CD over EF.

Yes, the new chest pieces are great! Everything shown here is for budget/beginner and I enjoy seeing the improvements people have made! I've been able to kill Red Elder + Shaper + Guardians + Elder Guardians no issues, onto Uber Elder now >:)

I might drop Elemental Focus... but on the other hand, everytime I meet a boss or general single target that needs more damage, I drop the Lightning Spire which CAN shock, so it might still work out.

Regarding it being budget: the poe.trade link I gave lists many chests for 1c, some even for 1 alch. It's definitely budget! (and I'm still having a hard time figuring out what I should replace my current one with)
So yeah, I started this out relatively budget as a character. It was my 2nd character of the league and my initial investment was only in the 1alc or 1c Deerstalkers and a Tabula Rasa. Leveling experience with only that investment was still the most smooth I've had during my 900 hours of PoE play-time.

Since then, I have now invested around 5-7ex into this build (well, my take on it which is still similar) and have the following gear that has made red tier maps and guardians a cakewalk:

Spoiler

Pretty happy for now with this gear - don't really have too much more that I want to upgrade so will probably just farm for some currency until lv94-95ish and move on to another character.
I don't quite care for the orb of storms setup. I've been trying to find a way to auto cast without it. I'm also open to complete replacing it with a different four link of a similar purpose. Any recommendations?
try this
"
"
HappyRogue wrote:
Tinkerskin is pretty overrated, shimmerons now because i could no longer stand whirling blades.

Totally fair! I like to manually dodge in fights, so Flame Dash is a no go and didn't want to use a whole 4 link for lightning warp. I love whirling blades, but I've seen lots of people doing shield charge setups as well. What MS are you using with Shimmerons?

ha it is indeed Flame dash.
Last edited by HappyRogue on Jul 6, 2018, 1:49:34 AM
"
vonwolven wrote:
I don't quite care for the orb of storms setup. I've been trying to find a way to auto cast without it. I'm also open to complete replacing it with a different four link of a similar purpose. Any recommendations?

I use a CWDT/IC/Incr Dur/Whatever Curse you want setup. Have not found any need at all to continuously curse trash with Orb so haven't included it at all in my setup, and most bosses die instantaneuosly if you toss Lightning Spires and Bear Traps at them before their animation starts.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info