[3.3] Crit Fire/Flamethrower Trapper! - League Starter

"
razereaz wrote:
is it worth it using anger and ash . or better use hearld of ash and clarity/another herald

If you take MoM use clarity...

When you have enough mana then I would experiment with ash, anger or arctic armor.

If you don't take MoM, I'm sure just going rock hard dmg with anger and ash would be awesome.
♥ we all go tissues ♥
okay thats help .

this is my build btw

still confused between conc effect support or combustion / immolate
same with flame thrower .
my skill tree same as TS

I wish i could tank at least 1-2 hits in uberlab but the last phase one shots me
Hey guys endgame update here.

So iv'e killed Uber Elder, Uber atziri and shaper now with a staff/kaom's version of firetrap.

Shaper is really easy with the damage we can have, uber atziri is also easy as a trapper since you can 1shot splitphase.

Uberelder is abit harder the damage is definetly more than enough just gotta dodge alot since most thing will kill you fast.

Here's the gear i used for uberelder:

Anyway Firetrap/Flamethrowertrap is very good endgame and can clear all content with the right gear. You definetly dont need my gear to kill shaper you can do it with decent gear and a 5link.
Xyrre how did you manage to get that staff? I've been sitting with an API up on a staff like that for 9 hours atm and nothing has gotten posted.. :(
can somone help me understand this line

-CWDT(LvL 1) > Flammability(Max) > Curse on Hit(Max) > Ball Lightning(LvL 4)
(cast when dmg taken)?

if i take cwdt out cast ball lighting it will curse on hit, but once i let ball lighting prot with cwdt it will trigger but not cast flamability or curse on hit, am i missing something?
"
Kaspio wrote:
can somone help me understand this line

-CWDT(LvL 1) > Flammability(Max) > Curse on Hit(Max) > Ball Lightning(LvL 4)
(cast when dmg taken)?

if i take cwdt out cast ball lighting it will curse on hit, but once i let ball lighting prot with cwdt it will trigger but not cast flamability or curse on hit, am i missing something?

This is a quality of life setup to auto curse things instead of self casting flammability. It uses a 4-link item to complete. The setup utilizes two separate trigger mechanics.

Step one is Cast when damage taken (Level 1) is triggered when you take 528 damage(which is always all the time). Linking Ball lightning (Level 4) only so because a level one CWDT can only cast a certain level of skill.

So you take CWDT and It launches a lightning ball out.

Step two in the setup is the Curse on hit + Flammability. These should be maxed out providing a max level flammability curse on baddies.

Or just self cast but I'm not about that life =/

Edit: I think your problem is that your flammability is too low so it's triggering with cwdt. Try leveling curse on hit and flammability above 4.

♥ we all go tissues ♥
Last edited by weallgotissues on Jun 5, 2018, 9:26:29 PM
yea that was the problem thank you so much,

this is good, +20% dps.
"
Korize wrote:
Xyrre how did you manage to get that staff? I've been sitting with an API up on a staff like that for 9 hours atm and nothing has gotten posted.. :(

Hmm, I'm sure I have seen some fire damage ones (Although not on a global crit chance base).
I'm holding out for a high trap damage, +2 fire on a crit base (And ideally crit chance + fire damage to spells!) before I start wasting all my fusings.

I've just got a cheap 6l staff and rolled to +2 fire for now.
I might use increased crit strikes for more consistent critting on fire trap with it, I've lost a chunk of crit chance, and more consistent crits helps clear.

Hmm, Just seen there is a +2 fire, +1 gems, 135% trap damage and 86% spell crit stave up on poe.trade.
Block base rather than crit, but still pretty nice!
Last edited by Carlovski on Jun 6, 2018, 4:51:39 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info