[3.3] Crit Fire/Flamethrower Trapper! - League Starter

"
Gosen wrote:
What do you think about going with nodes to Herbalist and Revenge of the Hunted, instead long way up to the life cluster? Losing Shaper node, but saving lot of points to compensate for it.

I like it actually but everything is a give and take. You lose some mana/energyshield(Int) and you gain some evasion(Dex). You get a few points but lose out on about the amount of life you would put into points to get it.

Maybe depends on if you want to depend on evasion or MoM more.
♥ we all go tissues ♥
I really don't know what im doing wrong because my ball lightning can't apply the Flammabity curse. I have CWDT > Ball Lightning > Curse on Hit > Flammabality.

Maybe the order? I have no idea.

Edit: Nevermind, it is working now. Don't know why, since i didn't do anything lol
Last edited by ExDream00 on Jun 4, 2018, 10:08:35 PM
"
ExDream00 wrote:
I really don't know what im doing wrong because my ball lightning can't apply the Flammabity curse. I have CWDT > Ball Lightning > Curse on Hit > Flammabality.

Alright.. So how this works is that you currently got 2 triggers connected, one being Curse on hit, the other CWDT.

So you need to level the Flammability out of the range of one of them, In this case the CWDT.

F.ex lv.1 CWDT is lv.38, so if you get your Flammability to level 6 minimum, then it should have lv.39 required and not be able to proc off the CWDT.

Then it should work so when you take dmg you procc the ball which in turn proccs the COH that proccs the Flammability :)
"
Korize wrote:
"
ExDream00 wrote:

Alright.. So how this works is that you currently got 2 triggers connected, one being Curse on hit, the other CWDT.

So you need to level the Flammability out of the range of one of them, In this case the CWDT.

F.ex lv.1 CWDT is lv.38, so if you get your Flammability to level 6 minimum, then it should have lv.39 required and not be able to proc off the CWDT.

Then it should work so when you take dmg you procc the ball which in turn proccs the COH that proccs the Flammability :)

Well, didn't notice this. Leveled up Flammability and it started working. Thanks.
So I've been following this build and have really enjoyed it thus far! Just got into maps and have decent damage...but I have very poor survivability. I've posted my gear below. I just got my first ex drop ever (woot!) so I'm looking to make my first upgrade. Any suggestions? Most the gear I have I found; only bought the boots and helm. I have 2 chaos currently and 1 ex haha. I would still consider myself inexperienced since last league was my first so any tips/guidance/help is greatly appreciated!

"
Llegien20 wrote:
So I've been following this build and have really enjoyed it thus far! Just got into maps and have decent damage...but I have very poor survivability. I've posted my gear below. I just got my first ex drop ever (woot!) so I'm looking to make my first upgrade. Any suggestions? Most the gear I have I found; only bought the boots and helm. I have 2 chaos currently and 1 ex haha. I would still consider myself inexperienced since last league was my first so any tips/guidance/help is greatly appreciated!

you are missing or have very low life on 4 of your items. thats missing out on a lot of life.
"
Souljasam wrote:
"
Llegien20 wrote:

you are missing or have very low life on 4 of your items. thats missing out on a lot of life.

Yeah, I knew I'd have to get more life. My problem is deciding which piece to buy first that would bump my life up. I'm leaning towards gloves then jewelry, the amount of suffixes to search for is mind boggling to me still.
"
Gosen wrote:
What do you think about going with nodes to Herbalist and Revenge of the Hunted, instead long way up to the life cluster? Losing Shaper node, but saving lot of points to compensate for it.

If you're talking about the Scion life wheel (since Shaper is the node with life and mana regen), that route of Herbalist and Revenge of the Hunted will give you 2% less life, 20 less flat life and 2 more skill points. Not lot of points, just 2. And those 2 you'll use to pick up jewel slot above Herbalism. And since you'll end up with life on jewel most likely, it rounds up to be pretty much the same skill point vise, it's just the dex versus intelligence, bits of mana/es versus bits of evasion. You lose out on regen, but it's sustainable without it either way.
Personally, I took Templar life (Devotion cluster) and Herbalism, did not travel to Scion life, just because I need STR. So you basically take the routing that would match your stat requirement needs, since all 3 routes end up being generally the same since the jewel socket in both areas will compensate for the lack of X% of life you'll lose from Scion life cluster.
But on the other hand, traveling to Scion life does grant us access to 3 point jewel AND 20% increased curse effectiveness, it's not required, but it's something to take into consideration.

"
gokudin wrote:
what about this build for uberlab farm?

I wouldn't reccomedn it, but if you want, by all means, it's easy. But keep in mind that you cannot tank Izaro nor his dog, you need to be quick on your reflexes and dodge their abilities. In terms of damage, damage is more than enough with proper gear, but in terms of survivability, try to not get hit. Just trap up, and move, stay safe.
Last edited by Songweaver on Jun 5, 2018, 3:00:54 AM
How do you like MoM so far?

Im going with the as much mana reserved as possible route.
If Im not mistaken I might be able to run 100% reserved with lvl 3/4 enlighten and some tweaks.

e: I dont like the ball lightning setup, its a "wasted" 4link imo since you are actually much more efficient selfcasting this and you only need it for tanky rares and above.
Often times you wont even get your curse triggered since you are an evasion based trapper, kiting around.
So instead of getting yourself hit to get a low lvl curse applied, it takes a fraction of a second and a nolink to curse a lvl 20.

just my 2cents though, as always it depends alot on your own preferences.
Last edited by pennyyy on Jun 5, 2018, 7:54:35 AM
I wonder if Immolate is good with Flamethrower, while Fire Trap provides burning. Or is it safer to go just Controlled Destruction as it's certain damage boost. Decisions, decisions. In the first place Fire Trap if for trash, so 4 links should be enough, while Flamethrower should be my boss killer (and it works great so far) with 5-6l.

I also don't like use so much slots for the curse, so I chose manual flammability with faster casting and arcane surge for bosses and more tanky mobs.

Why everyone use 5l for fire trap, while the flamethrower supposed to be the crucial damage dealer...
Last edited by Gosen on Jun 5, 2018, 1:56:20 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info