[3.3] Crit Fire/Flamethrower Trapper! - League Starter

Bit of a gearing update (i'm Scion rather than Sab, but basically same build) and some tips

Damage is more than enough at the moment (T8 is as far as I've got though) so I swapped from dual wielding a crit/damage/penetration sceptre to a basic high life shield. Also grabbed a bit of chaos res on a belt for temple. With phase acro and the spell dodge on boots it helps.
I could try switching to kongmings for temple/nasty incursion runs as there is a lot of heavy spell damage. Only problem being I sometimes get nobbled by spells before I have blinded them anyway.

Helm is working great for fire trap, and has totally sorted out my sustain issues.
I'm actually using the wrong links now, fire pen is a long way down the most efficient links, even against shaper.

Plan is still to go Kaoms if possible, and use a staff. I've got an ok 6l staff (+2 fire, crit base, bit of fire damage) until I can link a GG 100+ trap damage, +2 fire gems and crit staff. Slight issue is colouring the thing, at least 3 greens. I might actually go an extra blue and use increased crit strikes as I'm losing a bit of crit chance anyway. Charged traps is droppable too if needed, though is good QoL

Can use a temple rare chest with 100+ life and 10% life as a temporary chest as don't have the funds for a Koams yet either.

i have 10k avg dame for lv 66 (fire trap), is it much?
"
Songweaver wrote:
"
Xyrre wrote:
Hey, just wanted to post some endgame progress here.

I'm lvl 92 atm and i went the staff/kaom's heart way with essence worm so i can use enfeeble/anger and Hoa.

Everthing up to guardians went really smooth, iv'e also killed shaper with ease and you can still push alot more damage from the gear with a great staff/watchers eye with anger crit etc.

You can check the gear on my profile if you like, you can kill shaper and guaridans with worse gear than i have firetrap/flamethrower does very good damage.

Anyway will try to kill uberatziri and uberelder also and see how my current dmg stack against that.

Glad to hear that!
Keep us posted after uber atzubi and elder.
Side question, since you're using Fire Trap mainly, have you considered Immolate instead of Crit Strikes? Or is it not worth losing up the crit chance?

Hey, yeah immolate totally skipped my mind but it is a dps increase compared to the critgem, so i upgraded my searing touch for a much better eclipse staff and run immolate now.

I havn't tried either uberboss yet but with my current gear shaper/guardians melts, and there is still alot of upgrades to be had mostly expensive ones tho.
Really enjoying this build. Only one death so far...wiping out most end of act bosses before they can even move. Lab was a breeze at Lv 34. I went dual wand for the DPS increase and am running absolute shit gear but still tearing things up at Level 49 (Act 6 at the moment):

Thanks for the build...looking forward to blowing more crap up. :)
Last edited by SasoriOtoko on Jun 5, 2018, 1:39:53 PM
I can't help but feel that this build would work better with an Elementalist. Fire trap has 200% (!!!) damage effectiveness, and with elementalist we can run 3 heralds which will all have their damage doubled before being added - and they have a 25% bonus. So if we do 100 damage from a herald, that becomes 200 from fire trap and with elementalist we reach 250. This matters.

Of course saboteur is much better defensively, but elementalist will do quite a bit more damage.
Last edited by sikker on Jun 5, 2018, 3:15:39 PM
Hey, currently lvl 89, almost 90. The build is fun as hell, but i'm sorta envy of the clear speed of trash mobs of arc trap.

Anyway, im closing on 34k dps(pastebin with diamond flask) with full charges on fire trap, looking into better gear and tree pathing to get more crit chance.

I'm very satisfied defensively, so far i'm up to tier 12 maps, and i rarely even get close calls.

Movement speed is an issue, i wish i had a dagger to use whirling blades, currently using charged dash but i'll probably go back to shield charge.

here's my pastebin, there's still some work to be done, i wanna drop crit gem and pick another damage, there's also 6L and i'm looking for a shaeper gloves.

https://pastebin.com/6UACtHSF

*On Path of building it says i'll reach 73k on arc 5L (arc/trap/trap and mine damage/ inc crit/ lightning pen)

I'll test arc tonight and see how it goes.
Last edited by aluk4rd on Jun 5, 2018, 4:05:08 PM
Guys I've been checking supports in PoB and it told me to drop Fire Pene in order to take an Immolate support. Combustion gives 50% chance to ignite, 4 traps means 100% ignite, ignite is burning so immolate stands out. Also I got those
And pretty much every second set of bombs just anihilates as the burning bonuses trigger. With everything triggered and burning I should be hitting 90k ish
Last edited by Khaazir on Jun 5, 2018, 4:11:45 PM
Hi all,

im SC, lvl 85 and got a question about this build :-)

so , the traps are ok with dmg , but the throwing and the exploding of those traps feels so slow , any advice ?

ive skilled like the tree, short of Mom because i running 2 auras and the mana whats left isnt much. i skilled blast cascade instead.

dont know how to post items in this thread so please check my profile if you want to see my eq
is it worth it using anger and ash . or better use hearld of ash and clarity/another herald
"
Gondalen wrote:
Hi all,

im SC, lvl 85 and got a question about this build :-)

so , the traps are ok with dmg , but the throwing and the exploding of those traps feels so slow , any advice ?

ive skilled like the tree, short of Mom because i running 2 auras and the mana whats left isnt much. i skilled blast cascade instead.

dont know how to post items in this thread so please check my profile if you want to see my eq

replace trap and damage support with charged trap support.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info