[3.3] Crit Fire/Flamethrower Trapper! - League Starter

"
Dellith wrote:

I wish i could tank at least 1-2 hits in uberlab but the last phase one shots me

Izaro really should not be a problem for a trapper. You shouldn't be genuine one shot apart from a big wind up attack, and you can probably even take that with the right flasks.
But With stacked up traps, should be pretty much one shotting him anyway.
"
bigbunny123 wrote:
"
Gondalen wrote:
Hi all,

im SC, lvl 85 and got a question about this build :-)

so , the traps are ok with dmg , but the throwing and the exploding of those traps feels so slow , any advice ?

ive skilled like the tree, short of Mom because i running 2 auras and the mana whats left isnt much. i skilled blast cascade instead.

dont know how to post items in this thread so please check my profile if you want to see my eq

replace trap and damage support with charged trap support.

its a 4k dps loss?
"
Gondalen wrote:
"
bigbunny123 wrote:
"
Gondalen wrote:
Hi all,

im SC, lvl 85 and got a question about this build :-)

so , the traps are ok with dmg , but the throwing and the exploding of those traps feels so slow , any advice ?

ive skilled like the tree, short of Mom because i running 2 auras and the mana whats left isnt much. i skilled blast cascade instead.

dont know how to post items in this thread so please check my profile if you want to see my eq

replace trap and damage support with charged trap support.

its a 4k dps loss?

Yes but is QoL any better? You should have tons of damage anyway. You can swap it out for tricky boss fights if needed.

Btw, took a look at your build - jewel sockets are only worth if you use decent jewels. I don't think unstable payload is worth, the magic one you have does nothing and the one in your belt doesn't do much. GG jewels are expensive, but a dual crit multi, or a life + single crit (or other damage mod) jewel should be fairly cheap. Or you could probabyl roll something better in 30 alts or so.

I levelewd mostly with Lightning Trap and Lightning Spire Trap, went fire trap and flamethrower around level 50, damage is fine, but i overall like lightning trap more. Could i go back to using Lightning trap instead, i cant really see anything in the build that shouæd prevent using that instead?

https://youtu.be/ny2ee02-UVQ

My league char here, how will upgrade gear?
Last edited by disfang on Jun 6, 2018, 7:55:51 AM
"
disfang wrote:

https://youtu.be/ny2ee02-UVQ

My league char here, how will upgrade gear?

Since you asked:
- Better helmet. You don't need physical damage to spells. Unless you're using it as a stat stick. Need resistances to free up your amulet/rings.
- Replace Kongming shield with 90+ life, spell crit and spell damage shield. Possibly with one or two resistances. A bit of cast speed can't hurt either.
- Gloves, again, seems like a stat stick, nothing more. Aim for gloves with trap and mine damage and life as you already have, but with resistances, to release the amulet/rings. Boots with better resistances. More life.
- Amulet. Could be much, much better. If I'm to be honest, that amulet is bad in so many ways. You're looking for Spell damage, Life, Global Crit Multiplier. Should be staple mods for any crit caster, everything else is situational. There is never, ever, need to go defense on amulet, since it can give you great amount of damage.
- Your jewels in belt: aim for flat life, global crit multiplier. Only fire trap benefits from added flat damage as it has 200% damage effectiveness, where Flamethrower has only 30%. Global damage will benefit both greatly.
- Replace Stormfire ring with a decent Opal ring with life, fire damage, and resistances if possible. You can try crafting it, use normal Opal ring and slam it with Screaming/Shrieking/Deafening Essence of Anger. Hope for good result.
- Second ring as well.
- Your jewel in skill tree. Kinda waste. % Evasion rating? Life is fine, resists are passable, but if you really want resistances on jewel (which is a waste), just get a jewel with + To All Elemental Resistances instead. So basically, what you're getting from that jewel from my perspective, is just % Life. You can buy no life jewel with double/triple crit multipliers for very cheap.
- You don't need Amplify cluster. Respec out of it, and spec into Throatseeker. You also want Doom Cast cluster.

======================================
========================================
Upgraded the gear, made some changes, if anyone is interested.
Still no luck with proper weapon, but yeah, this serves well at the moment. Breezing through everything, zero issues, everything dies, but I still did not have luck with Red maps, so can't vouch for that. Reached 5k life, finally.

Spoiler

Current skill tree (PoB): http://poeurl.com/bXru

Yes, I'm using Vaal Grace, because I spec into Phase Acro/Acro, and combined with Vaal Grace and Quartz flask, I'm almost dodge capped. And dodge is by far my best current defense, since I don't use MoM/EB.
Yes, I'm using Phase Run, always, it just feels nice to me. I use Flame Dash only to cross the ledges, for everything else, I always Phase Run. Not the best, but as said, it just feels so nice to me.
Yes, I know rings are shitty, but didn't get lucky with Anger Essences.
Last edited by Songweaver on Jun 6, 2018, 9:50:12 AM
Thanks for the detailed explanation. It is lucky to choose a fun starter build.

Because i don't have red tier map, selected node that the increased AOE tree for the mapping speed instead crit multiflier. I use Born in the Shadow instead of Chain Reaction, so I feel that aoe is not enough.

Like me control the poor, i think Tinker is God that life/es OP regen. Even if it use 4 links, I can not give it up.

I will find better setting with your advice.
Last edited by disfang on Jun 6, 2018, 10:45:55 AM
got lv 90 right now and since i did my uber lab with all the defense points its really easy to level with and its tanky as hell.

i did the easiest atziri and uber lab ever and the dmg is still amazing (5 link).

didnt die from 88-90 at leveling in t8-t12 maps

thank you for the build!
Any unique or specific flask that i should look for in late game?
Can someone explain to me why we take Eldritch Battery ? I'm currently level 71 just started mapping my gear is not good, but I never ran into any mana issues. I'm using clarity/vaal clarity and a mana flask.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info