[3.3] Crit Fire/Flamethrower Trapper! - League Starter

"
Ryunedo wrote:
Can someone explain to me why we take Eldritch Battery ? I'm currently level 71 just started mapping my gear is not good, but I never ran into any mana issues. I'm using clarity/vaal clarity and a mana flask.

Really only take it if you either have Tinkerskin, or want to do some kind of all mana reserved setup.

If you have Tinkerskin using skills will use Energy shield and every time a trap explodes you get energy shield.. so free cast. On top of that if you take Mind over Matter. The Energy shield gets used as part of the combined life mana pool situation.
♥ we all go tissues ♥
Last edited by weallgotissues on Jun 6, 2018, 8:55:03 PM
I don't have a lot of time to devote to PoE but really enjoy it and just started playing again. I feel like I made a massive mistake by following the ZiggyD trapper build he posted at the start of the league and am trying to find a build that will allow me to salvage this character I've leveled following the arc lightning/fire trap passive tree path. Is this build proving to be viable so far?
"
Thunder_Gatti wrote:
I don't have a lot of time to devote to PoE but really enjoy it and just started playing again. I feel like I made a massive mistake by following the ZiggyD trapper build he posted at the start of the league and am trying to find a build that will allow me to salvage this character I've leveled following the arc lightning/fire trap passive tree path. Is this build proving to be viable so far?

I suppose that all depends on what you consider viable and what you want to do with the character. I just posted a video of the build doing T14 Dark Forest map with negative resist. Uber Izaro is super easy.. all maps are pretty easy at this point for me. There are people in the comment section saying that they have downed shaper already.
♥ we all go tissues ♥
First of all I would like to thank you for the build. I'm currently playing it on SC so I've changed a few things to increase damage output and works really well :)

I've a few questions regarding of gem setup for fire trap.
- Why not use Immolate? Enemies are burning almost all the time except for the first traps trowed. Path of building shows bigger DPS for burning enemies using this gem.
- Why not Elemental Focus? It's ok that enemies won't burn by the gem itself but the burning ground left could work aswell.

Path of building shows the biggest DPS (for average hits) with this setup (supposing that enemies are burning)
Fire Trap - Cluster Traps - Trap and Mine Damage - Conc. Effect - Immolate - Elemental Focus

I think that I'm misunderstanding something but do not know what could be.
"
"
Thunder_Gatti wrote:

I suppose that all depends on what you consider viable and what you want to do with the character. I just posted a video of the build doing T14 Dark Forest map with negative resist. Uber Izaro is super easy.. all maps are pretty easy at this point for me. There are people in the comment section saying that they have downed shaper already.

Thanks, that sounds great. I'll read through everything soon and start building towards your spec this weekend. I've forgotten so much so I have a lot to catch up on. Honestly, I wouldn't be able to play this game if it wasn't for people like you who put the time in to share all this with everyone...really appreciate it, thank you :)
"
Cachopin wrote:
First of all I would like to thank you for the build. I'm currently playing it on SC so I've changed a few things to increase damage output and works really well :)

- Why not use Immolate? Enemies are burning almost all the time except for the first traps trowed. Path of building shows bigger DPS for burning enemies using this gem.
- Why not Elemental Focus? It's ok that enemies won't burn by the gem itself but the burning ground left could work aswell.

Path of building shows the biggest DPS (for average hits) with this setup (supposing that enemies are burning)
Fire Trap - Cluster Traps - Trap and Mine Damage - Conc. Effect - Immolate - Elemental Focus

First of all, following a build, does not necessarily mean to have an exact copy of everything the original poster has. It means using it as a baseline.

Immolate is a choice. You can use it, freely. I use Immolate, the guy who downed Shaper/Uber Atziri/Uber Elder is using it as well. Someone else might opt to not use it, and use a different support. It's just that, freedom of choice.

We use Combustion. We are crit. We scaled crit damage and fire/elemental damage (trap damage, but since we're fire trap and thrower, it applies). We will ignite enemies. We want to ignite enemies. Enemies will burn by both, Ignite and Burning Ground from Fire Trap, because Burning Ground does not act like other burning damage. Elemental Focus will not allow us to Ignite anything. We don't want that. I do, however, use Ele Focus on Flamethrower.
Second, Conc Effect is very good for it's more multiplier, but the downside is not for general trash clear, since it lowers your AoE, which is not too great in the first place. It has a 30% less AoE modifier, 'less' is different than 'reduced', the same way 'more' is different than 'increased'. We do not want less AoE.

But yeah, you're more than welcome to use your setup if you desire to do so, as you have a choice. Like I said at the start, following a build does not mean to have it all the same, it's not set in stone, it's a matter of using it as a baseline. You are always encouraged to experiment around with different setups. Freedom of choice. Just as my skill tree differs from his, just as my setup differs from his, just as I don't use MoM nor EB like he does, there is always a freedom of choice as to how you want to play.
"
Cachopin wrote:

I've played around quite a lot with the various options. Sheet or PoB DPS isn't everything, you have some interactions plus QoL to think about. On the various link options

- Ele Focus. Big sheet damage increase, but it stops us igniting. Which isn't a big deal, but it also prevents us using combustion, which is a really good link, and also helps damage from burning ground and flamethrower (Or whatever fire skill you use). Could use and have combustion on flamethrower, but I think flamethrower is better having ele focus.

- Combustion. As mentioned, one of our better links, gives more than just DPS to fire trap.

- Conc effect, slows down clear a bit, and It may not even be the best single target depending on how many overlaps you can get. Probably fine for big hitbox bosses though.

- Immolate - as mentioned really good for single target, but doesn't impact the first hit.

- Increased crit strikes, nobody is really using this but I'm thinking of using for a clear setup as my swap for immolate. Should make one shots of packs more consistent.

- Charged traps. Definite dps loss but a lot of QoL. Ramps up charges much more quickly and helps throw speed. Could use as a swap with trap and mine damage.

- Fire penetration. Surprisingly comes out fairly low DPS wise even against shaper. Even more so for me as I do a fair chunk of non fire damage. Not a bad option if you are stuck with a pesky red socket (On a staff for instance)

There are a few other options too, added lightning/cold do a fair chunk of damage, though you lose out on penetration unless you drop fire pen/combustion and run in a shroud of the lightless. Cold damage would help a bit against porcupines for shatters.

"
Cachopin wrote:

Immolate goes with Flamethrower, Combustion with Fire Trap so you can make great synergy between two of them. Every not too mobile boss is dying instantly with that. For example Merc Izaro died on the spot for me :D Feels almost like spawn killing.
Last edited by Gosen on Jun 7, 2018, 11:05:13 AM
I read somewhere else that using chain reaction only triggers one tick from tinkerskin life/es gain. Wouldn't it be smarter to keep that away then ?
TwitchTV: http://www.twitch.tv/akumanotsubasa
Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/AkumaNoTsubasa
Please use http://pobb.in for your guides instead of pastebin!
"
I read somewhere else that using chain reaction only triggers one tick from tinkerskin life/es gain. Wouldn't it be smarter to keep that away then ?

I have Chain Reaction right now and i'm almost certain that it triggers all ticks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info