[3.3] Crit Fire/Flamethrower Trapper! - League Starter

"
ashkman wrote:
Thanks for the guide, I've been following it this league and it's really fun!
I just have a few questions, first is it mandatory to get "Eldritch Battery"? I'm not really that mana starved to look for an alternative source.
And second one is about the Flammability curse, wouldn't it be better to just keep the curse's level lower and link it directly to CWDT instead of using Ball Lightning and COH?

EB is something we just use with Tinkerskin and even then it's optional. On the curse question... no.

Ok so if you only have two links and still want to have an auto curse setup when linking curse with cwdt is fine but you miss out on the benefits of having it four linked. With the 4 link setup it cast when you take lower dmg and you get to put a max level flammability on top of that. It also hits more enemies and further away. So you get more effect, more often with better range and coverage. At the cost of two more links.
♥ we all go tissues ♥
"
"
ashkman wrote:
Thanks for the guide, I've been following it this league and it's really fun!
I just have a few questions, first is it mandatory to get "Eldritch Battery"? I'm not really that mana starved to look for an alternative source.
And second one is about the Flammability curse, wouldn't it be better to just keep the curse's level lower and link it directly to CWDT instead of using Ball Lightning and COH?

EB is something we just use with Tinkerskin and even then it's optional. On the curse question... no.

Ok so if you only have two links and still want to have an auto curse setup when linking curse with cwdt is fine but you miss out on the benefits of having it four linked. With the 4 link setup it cast when you take lower dmg and you get to put a max level flammability on top of that. It also hits more enemies and further away. So you get more effect, more often with better range and coverage. At the cost of two more links.

Well, you don't need curse on trash mobs anyway with so much fire pen. What I did is to put manual cursing with arcane surge, which gives everything which this build need: more spell dmg, cast speed and mana regen. It's only 4 seconds, but lot of tough bosses are standing still, while fights begin, so we can prepare flasks and arcane surge and kill them on the spot. I also make sure, that one of daggers have a cast speed, since Flamethrower benefits from it. It's also worth mentioning that you can have OP boots, since with whirling blades we don't need to worry about movement speed (I don't even have a speed flask, Haku can be leveled by others on daily, while you stand and wait :P).

PS. I love your gloves, they are absolutely amazing. Did you make them or bought? I wonder how much they can cost. If I had currency I would pay 2-3ex easily.
Last edited by Gosen on Jun 8, 2018, 7:35:31 AM
Can someone clarify the reasons for Chain Reaction not being as important with Tinkerskin?
"
Can someone clarify the reasons for Chain Reaction not being as important with Tinkerskin?

From everything I've read and looked up, it has to do with us wanting mobs to trigger the traps.

Chain Reaction makes it so that one trap going off sets off all the others near it, which is really nice if we don't have Tinkerskin.

Tinkerskin makes it so that when a mob triggers our trap, we get that healing and mana.

So with Tinkerskin, a mob steps on say 3 traps, and we get the healing from all 3. If we have Chain Reaction and Tinkerskin, a mob steps on pile of traps but only sets off 1 because the others get set off from Chain Reaction and not the mob specifically.

I hope that helps answer the question.
"
SilvanOrion wrote:
"

From everything I've read and looked up, it has to do with us wanting mobs to trigger the traps.

Chain Reaction makes it so that one trap going off sets off all the others near it, which is really nice if we don't have Tinkerskin.

Tinkerskin makes it so that when a mob triggers our trap, we get that healing and mana.

So with Tinkerskin, a mob steps on say 3 traps, and we get the healing from all 3. If we have Chain Reaction and Tinkerskin, a mob steps on pile of traps but only sets off 1 because the others get set off from Chain Reaction and not the mob specifically.

Not just that, but the sheer amount of trap trigger AoE available on the tree makes chain reaction much less necessary.
"
SilvanOrion wrote:
"

Not just that, but the sheer amount of trap trigger AoE available on the tree makes chain reaction much less necessary.

**Edit: Sorry for double post, website is lagging.....
Last edited by dealdrick on Jun 8, 2018, 10:47:27 AM

Question regarding this CWDT setup;
CWDT (1), Ball Lightning (4), Curse on Hit and Flammability.
The CWDT triggers a ball lightning, but I can't see a curse. If I unequip CWDT and hard cast ball lightning, the curse shows up.
What gives? :( What am I doing wrong?
11/10 build
11/10 build
11/10 build

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info