Path of Exile: Incursion (Content Update 3.3.0) Patch Notes

So, does that mean cluster traps is gonna change? I mean, it tosses out 4 traps, but since you only have 3 traps stacks max (unless I missed something)...
Last edited by HedgeMoney on May 30, 2018, 8:33:23 PM
Very very surprised to see Heavy Strike untouched :v
Gives streamers & friends queue priority and leaves supporters who spent hundreds $ packs in the 100k queue.

GGG: Don't you guys follow streamers?
I just have to say that after playing for over 2000 hours over the past 3 years I am disappointed with the direction of the game. I've spent more on this game than any other game ever by at least ten-fold.

Please stop nerfing things into oblivion or I just might not support this game anymore. I'm sure many feel the same way.

Thank you for your time.
Last edited by Gigorahk on May 30, 2018, 10:52:48 PM
"
Gigorahk wrote:
I just have to say that after playing for over 2000 hours over the past 3 years I am disappointed with the direction of the game. I've spent more on this game than any other game ever by at least ten-fold.

Seeing nerf after nerf after nerf of anything I enjoy is making the game barely playable for me. It's like when you love a game so much that you invest a part of your life in it and ultimately have no control over it's direction apart from simply no longer spending money.

It seems that the history is this, a new feature is added that is adored by the community, then that feature is nerfed into oblivion or simply taken away. Why even add a new system like war for the atlas if you know it's going to just about double the density in maps and then decide it is too overpowered and nerf it. Please just be more cautious in the future because it's not cool giving us something powerful or great then taking it away.

The past league Bestiary was simply horrible. It was overly complicated with little reward. I still played that league from day one till it ended, unlike 80% of everyone else that slowly stopped playing. I'm not simply one of these elitists that play hard the first two weeks of a league then quits for 2 months. I am a hardcore, dedicated player that goes throughout the entire league.

I enjoy mapping, I do it for hours a day. I enjoyed running breach back in Abyss League. I was able to save up 65 exalted orbs to buy my very first Headhunter. The only justification I saw with the vault nerfs was that the new war for the atlas system made other maps rewarding. Now that is being taken away. Now breach is back but nerfed. I'm not even sure it will be worth running.

Can the direction of Path please stop being so nerf heavy. If it keeps going this way I fear I will lose interest in the game and no longer play. Why care about me? Well because my opinion is likely held by many others. Most of my friends quit after Abyss league once Beastiary started because the nerfs made the game hard for them. I had built up an active league of around 10 players and we had a blast. I had a full friends list and ran with a full party just about every day. Now I have one or two players on. My friends list used to have 30 players on at a time and now there are like 12.

Can you please not keep on nerfing things without providing us a better alternative. If you make breach crap now please replace it with a new thing (hopefully the temple). Simply listen to the players and do not nerf breach. It was by far the most sought after league mechanics and everyone simply loved it, so why touch it?

Thank you for your time.

POE has always nerfed fun builds. But its just that fun builds always had a habit of pushing the games mechanics to the limit of breaking the game.

But most of the time, the nerfs were made specifically for OP rich people builds who could actually get to the point, which just makes it harder for everyone else.

Cause, lets face it. Normal builds or safe builds are boring as hell.
RIP Dyadus!
Buy the ticket, take the ride.
"
muzein wrote:

Server instability at league start is not due to players downloading the patch/client; it's from all the people logged in and playing. Offering the patch earlier would likely exacerbate the issue further.

That is not particularly an accurate statement.[/quote]

go on...[/quote]

use your brain
+ the numbers

there are less people trying to login at the start of the league than there are playing within the first week.

people are bogged down trying to download the game and a large portion of people actually work so starting at hour 1 is not in their realm of possibilities.
their servers suck because they are sending out an upload as well as trying to run an increase in players (because no one is on during the down time on standard other than those trying to organize their tabs)
Everyone loves breaches, nerf breach

Most people hate lab, increase number of enchantments which is the worst mechanic in the game by far
IGN gubert
Last edited by Gubert on May 30, 2018, 9:41:57 PM
"
Caulder10 wrote:

use your brain
+ the numbers

there are less people trying to login at the start of the league than there are playing within the first week.

people are bogged down trying to download the game and a large portion of people actually work so starting at hour 1 is not in their realm of possibilities.
their servers suck because they are sending out an upload as well as trying to run an increase in players (because no one is on during the down time on standard other than those trying to organize their tabs)

OK... you don't know how server architecture works.

First off, patch servers do not throttle the available bandwidth of the game servers; they are two separate things. You can always patch a client when the game servers are down (because they're not tied to the same hardware). That aside; most people play this game through Steam - GGG uploads the patch content to Valve and Valve distributes the data for anyone using the Steam client (this is why Steam is such a HUGE digital distribution platform; developers and publishers put their games on steam so that they don't have to invest millions in a distribution backbone for their games). GGG also makes available a torrent of a new league's patch which is peer-to-peer traffic.

Secondly; Player concentration. The reason why server stability is so rough for the first few hours of PoE (and first few days for MMORPGS) is twofold:

1) At the flip of a switch you go from no network activity to the most congruent users active at any time in the league. There is no other time the servers will peak because everyone (who is available) will collectively want to play the moment the league goes live. I've logged into the new leagues an hour before they 'go live' that's typically how far in advance the queue opens up. If you're late, you're 50,000+ in queue so don't think for a moment that the first hour of a league start is less player activity than any other random sampling 1 week in.

2) Typically 'zones' or 'maps' in MMORPGs (and I would assume PoE as well) are physically allocated to specific server racks. Meaning all of those congruent users all logging in are also piling onto a portion of the machines the game is hosted on and a bottleneck occurs. As players level and move throughout the game that concentration diffuses as some players are faster than others or play for longer sessions - The player population spreads out and the hardware is less taxed overall. If you're a company like Blizzard, you've invested a lot into developing dynamic scaling to open new slots to handle demand but considering the relatively brief server instability PoE experiences it's simply overkill and not worth the cost.
Glacial Cascade still OP
And again all the changes are wrong and game tends to have less monsters to kill wich was the intention of the genre in a first place -.- It's an arpg and u can't enjoy crushing mobs cuz there barely any in a map.
Wan'na kill me? Do it faster!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info