Tencent has Invested in Grinding Gear Games

RIP POE

Selling to Tencent is the worst decision ever.
All the "I bought supporter packs to support an independent company = now i wont buy anymore" need to stop lying, you bought it because they look cool because they provided points for you to spend on the store. Just so you can look cool in a game that you enjoy. Now with this big change, it should change nothing.. go enjoy the game that you have aleays been enjoying.. buy the packs rhat you think look cool.. stop making up secnarios in your head that literally has not happened. If you want PoE to keep going at its current pace then support it while management is still the same because if its successful as it is (as it is now) then theres no reason for tencent to jump in and change anything.

Don't be so pessimistic, League of Legends has become more successful under tencent's majority stake. (It may not seem like it because you got bored of the game or you suddenly dont enjoy it anymore but let me tell you the game got only bigger, playerbase wise / viewership and so on)
Last edited by noname213 on May 21, 2018, 3:58:36 AM
We'll see that the future holds, but for now i like that you went ahead and posted this.

I play this game since 2011, and can only hope that you didnt sold 80% because you saw some kind of downhill, and wanted out with huge profit while you can.

"
"Nothing will change... we retain creative control"
- Mark Jacobs, Former CEO Mythic Entertainment, June 20, 2006

- Peter Molyneux, Former Managing Director, Bullfrog, January 7, 1995

- Feargus Urquhart Former Head of Black Isle Studios, December 8, 2003

- Josh Resnick Former President of Pandemic Studios, October 11, 2007

- Ray Muzyka Former Co-Founder of Bioware Corp, September 18, 2012

- Greg Zeschuk Former Co-Founder of Bioware Corp, September 18, 2012

- David Brevik, Former Founder of Condor Studios, March 2, 1995

- Bill Roper, Former CEO of Flagship Studios, February 11, 2009

- Max Schaefer, Former CEO of Runic Games, May 18th 2010

- Michael Morhaime, Co-Founder of Blizzard Entertainment, October 23, 2013

Very unhappy news.
"
dachoppa wrote:
"
Ygidua wrote:
POE already is P2W, as you can not use the official trade network without buying stash tabs.

you can list items without premium stash tabs. there is some application called "acquisition" that lets you do that, but it's so complicated, you're better off spending a few dollars on a tab.

That program/app is not needed. You can go to official trade thread on forum and there list your items. It's not complicated, but its time consuming to click every item to list and write the price.

Seems like not many of you played lol. They were sold too and I don't see (and don't heard about) any bad influence of Tencent in thier game.
"
Norihplus wrote:
"
majority stake is like 99% of the company right?

Maybe 51%... or could just be the largest stake? aka they have 30% and everyone else has less

Looks like 80 % : https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=12055682
"
dehogynem wrote:
We'll see that the future holds, but for now i like that you went ahead and posted this.

I play this game since 2011, and can only hope that you didnt sold 80% because you saw some kind of downhill, and wanted out with huge profit while you can.

That wouldnt be the case, opposite maybe..one of the biggest company in the world wouldnt invest in a game going downhill.
Saddest day of my gamer life :((
Songs are like knights. They need to be covered in metal.
"
Saddest day of my gamer life :((

Relax, nothing has changed
I suppose we can assume that the game isn't as profitable, regardless of what public perception would have you think. The question though, is were you actively looking for a buyout, or were there already offers being given to the company. Or rather, are you considering selling the company?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info