Tencent has Invested in Grinding Gear Games

"
_Interrupt_ wrote:
Hey, i'll help with the design of upcoming MTX!
(...)
- Chris wilson's cat [150 points]:
Follows you around, makes false promises, drops a chaos orb every 10 minutes

HAAAA HAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHHAHAHA !!!
This makes me think of beta days, when Chris said the MTXs weren't going to be pay to win. Not many believed him, but it's still true to this day.

Have faith :)
If you guys truly trusted GGG then you would still trust them in their decision to sell majority stake to Tencent. Disappointed in everyone right now losing their faith in what i would say is a deserving company.
on my life was only 1 sell, which make game better, Arena.net buy GuildWars2, and that game hasnt p2w things in shop.. 30 years 1 time... and i know, that not will be second.
"
If you guys truly trusted GGG then you would still trust them in their decision to sell majority stake to Tencent. Disappointed in everyone right now losing their faith in what i would say is a deserving company.

fuck u off, i'm waiting GGG answer already more than 1.5 week, on simple question, and today at morning i see why i not get it. GGG now nobody.
"
Saddest day of my gamer life :((

Mine was when Star Wars Galaxies shut the servers down.
"
demonsolder21 wrote:
I suppose we can assume that the game isn't as profitable, regardless of what public perception would have you think. The question though, is were you actively looking for a buyout, or were there already offers being given to the company. Or rather, are you considering selling the company?

I'd say the game is more profitable, and trending upwards. Would make the most sense given the timing of things.
And the original post said "We have been approached by many potential acquirers over the last five years" so there ya go.
I am scared, please someone hold me. We lost one of the best games ever today.
I spent a decent amount of money on POE supporting my favorite company over the past three years. I was OK with how much the MTX/packs cost, which is very expensive, because I wanted you to thrive. Of course the company still needs this support, because the Tencent shareholders demand it, but I no longer will spend the way I did. Maybe I'll buy something here and there, but you guys sold-out, which I can completely understand and I'm sure it was a lot of money, but at the same time I can't support GGG the way I used to.

You guys of course will say all the right things to not lose the faithful player base, but I hope you can actually keep to these words. Far too many times I've seen other small companies get gobbled up by larger corporations and see the customer service and their interaction with the fan-base go to crap. It happens over time, so it's not something you notice right away, but it always seems to happen. I hope you guys don't fade out and become just another game company who only worries about the bottom line. :(
The evil that men do lives after them,

The good is oft interred with their MONEY.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info