Tencent has Invested in Grinding Gear Games

"
Ygidua wrote:
POE already is P2W, as you can not use the official trade network without buying stash tabs.

you can list items without premium stash tabs. there is some application called "acquisition" that lets you do that, but it's so complicated, you're better off spending a few dollars on a tab.
No money from me anymore. I don't want to support Tencent.

“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
My QoL List: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3279646
In all my years as gamer... when i see back, i can clearly see that i have gone away from big publishers. just take a look what the big ones does to their games and community, and u know what i mean.

my last 10 games played are "little" indie-studios like redhooks darkest dungeon or 11bits frostpunk. or even the lhiver mod from gothic 2 i reinstalled. they have good ideas with very good execution and the heart in the right place.

u guys are/were one of them, and i love/d you for it.

i came to you coz i loved d2. d2 was a traveling-companion for 10 years. i played it with friends, all my friends played it. in school i played it, in university i played it. and when i served in the military i played d2.
i was hyper-hyped on d3 and they broke my heart on release with their adaptation on whats diablo.

i support you guys from beta. your game does everything right. thanks for that.

but...

i have some experience with playing games that their own developers destroy (in my eyes). and now u guys are in the range of doing this to your game. as soon as i see a questionable desicion i will quit forever, hands down.

Wikipedia:
"Grinding Gear Games (or GGG) is a Tencent owned video game developer"

when i get integrated in such A BEAST sure my first words are "nothing will change", and "we are who we ever were" - yes.

i hope u dont forget thats your community that playes YOUR GAME, and now its NOT YOURS ANYMORE. we as community are sitting in the first row to feel the mistakes on that topic.
10k coins->oneshot uber elder
Last edited by hiroshi1463 on May 21, 2018, 3:42:12 AM
Iam worried, but i trust you guys that its for the sake of making a better game.
"
DoEFotGS wrote:
"
firenovix wrote:
Just going to straight up say you're a moron for calling Warframe a pay to win game. Everything in Warframe that is sold for platinum is farm-able and obtainable through normal game play as well as cash currency being obtainable EASILY just being a free to play player, and just playing the game. Anything sold on their website is obtainable besides "exclusive cosmetics" which have no impact on game-play just appearance but you obviously never played the game and are just spouting non-sense.

You are forgot to say about skip craft timer by spending platinum.

Also, 'farmable' is a direct way to obtain platinum or you mean trade game resousres for platinum, that is RMT? Because if somebody else buy platinum instead of you - this does not make platinum a 'farmable' resourse, because somebody still bought that.

But maybe things changed from the point there I seen game last time.

You can trade Prime parts among mods among many other things with players for platinum, all stuff you can earn by playing the game as a free to play player. It's not RMT it's a built in feature of the game, and yes that platinum was still bought from another player but traded around. So skipping craft timer can be done by anybody including people that never spent a dime on the game through trading. I never spent anything on that game and during my first month had over 2k platinum just by collecting item parts from runs and trading it for platinum and that was while I was still progressing. Months later down the road I had more platinum then I had things to use it on and it's all a built in feature of the game being able to trade platinum away for things you need.
Last edited by firenovix on May 21, 2018, 3:51:55 AM
/O\ OH NO
|
/ \ Please don't change, 1900 hours into it is not enough at all i want more.
To all the doomsayers:

Shut it, i just did a brief research (less than 1% of what Christopher (lol) probably did)

THIS IS GOOD THING!
THIS IS GOOD THING!
THIS IS GOOD THING!
THIS IS GOOD THING!
THIS IS GOOD THING!
THIS IS GOOD THING!
THIS IS GOOD THING!

Better than some add selling US VC.
how can i change my exilecon status? i'm not going anymore, china is a bit far to fly
nah for real though i need to change it
Great games like POE & MH have huge potential for profit in Chinese market. Their version will most likely end up like monster hunter online catered to Chinese players. Its a blessing they leave the international version alone. No need Panda ascendancy, Thank You.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info