Tencent has Invested in Grinding Gear Games

"
demon4life wrote:

what he means is basicly that chinese companies are very known for running good games into the ground with pay to win garbage & nearly 0 content updates

Poe has a Chinese version . There are a few games that have "features" only on the Chinese version. Because a lot of the p2w bullshit doesn't work well in other places. Also yes Chinese made games are notorious for p2w but tencent is not known for adding p2w into a game they have acquired afaik. Yes they have games with p2w but they are the largest gaming company in the world. Of there will be some p2w games but I'm pretty sure that was more due to the game developers and not tencent
i'm sorry for that.. but try to understand me:

2666666 shares (80.00%).........

[Removed by Support]
Last edited by Ben_GGG on May 21, 2018, 5:02:07 AM
"
firenovix wrote:
Just going to straight up say you're a moron for calling Warframe a pay to win game. Everything in Warframe that is sold for platinum is farm-able and obtainable through normal game play as well as cash currency being obtainable EASILY just being a free to play player, and just playing the game. Anything sold on their website is obtainable besides "exclusive cosmetics" which have no impact on game-play just appearance but you obviously never played the game and are just spouting non-sense.

You are forgot to say about skip craft timer by spending platinum.

Also, 'farmable' is a direct way to obtain platinum or you mean trade game resousres for platinum, that is RMT? Because if somebody else buy platinum instead of you - this does not make platinum a 'farmable' resourse, because somebody still bought that.

But maybe things changed from the point there I seen game last time.
E = mc^(OMG)/wtf
wow i realy dont get it is ggg not working well going to a fucking chines company runins the game most of the time
Say what you mean, mean what you say!
lol "nothing will change". nooo, they won't make use of their majority rights. good joke.

edit: now that ggg is part of a large corporation, i don't see why i should buy any more mtx or supporter packs. that "we're a small independent video game company" thing doesn't work now anymore.
Last edited by dachoppa on May 21, 2018, 3:36:25 AM
POE already is P2W, as you can not use the official trade network without buying stash tabs. Also map stash tab & Co. no free tabs inside the game, no additional char slots are P2W elements.

From that point of view, nothing to lose by selling 80% of your company.

Hopefully the Chinese company has some good influence on the game, as the 4th breech in a row is a sad state for the game, so is the removal of bestiary and the still not freely available trade system.

Game can only get better from now on.
I think this step great for business, but great for game? dont know.
░███░░█░░███░█░█░░░███░███░░░█▀▀░█░█░█░█░░░█▀▀░
░█▄█░█▄█░░█░░███░░░█░█░█▄░░░░█▀░░▐█▌░█░█░░░█▀░░
░█░░░█░█░░█░░█░█░░░███░█░░░░░███░█░█░█░███░███░
Let's wait and see.
Proving reality right, everything changes trough an end. A majority stake is still a majority - t'will be tough to support ggg further.
Back to The Melee (Reaving Insight): view-thread/1240462
Fusion Skill Engineering: view-thread/1095291
Emotionally, it feels a bit bleh ... me being from NZ it means I can't say "yay this is a 100% kiwi game!"

But realistically i think it's good for them, for the game, and for NZ gaming overall.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info