Tencent has Invested in Grinding Gear Games

be china.

treat people terribly.

accuse those who criticize the above of racism/xenophobia.
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!
When a game is independent which is more fun because you can play without any worrisome that some third party can do some thing BAD to your information. However, when a game is involved in some kind of POLITICAL fu cking strategy= messy game. Say no to make sure your safety.
hmm
Last edited by koopadoop on Apr 16, 2021, 12:46:55 PM
"
eViral wrote:
Great news for GGG, not so great for the players.

I honestly don't think Tencent will make any changes to the game, they (afaik) haven't done so in their previous acquisitions. But like many have said already, that feeling of support and love for GGG as a company is gone. Purchases now feel incredibly unlikely in the future and the overall perspective of the game has flipped.

GGG sold out (we all would of done the same thing if we were offered $$$$$$$) and a part of the GGG fanboi in me just died.

RIP PoE 2018

This is basically what it boils down to. GGG was unique. We loved that about it and the game. Now its not.

It would be silly not to recognize that GGG is no longer an independent studio, but now part of a huge, multi-national, multi-billion yen/dollar organization. That simply changes how one thinks about PoE.

On the other hand, one can only hope that the deal GGG made with Tencent was a good one. They certainly deserve the rewards for the success they have shepherded through the years. In a lot of ways, they made gaming history. Let's hope they can continue as they began.

"
Toots wrote:
"
eViral wrote:
Great news for GGG, not so great for the players.

I honestly don't think Tencent will make any changes to the game, they (afaik) haven't done so in their previous acquisitions. But like many have said already, that feeling of support and love for GGG as a company is gone. Purchases now feel incredibly unlikely in the future and the overall perspective of the game has flipped.

GGG sold out (we all would of done the same thing if we were offered $$$$$$$) and a part of the GGG fanboi in me just died.

RIP PoE 2018

This is basically what it boils down to. GGG was unique. We loved that about it and the game. Now its not.

It would be silly not to recognize that GGG is no longer an independent studio, but now part of a huge, multi-national, multi-billion yen/dollar organization. That simply changes how one thinks about PoE.

On the other hand, one can only hope that the deal GGG made with Tencent was a good one. They certainly deserve the rewards for the success they have shepherded through the years. In a lot of ways, they made gaming history. Let's hope they can continue as they began.

This is a well thought out and reasonable response, kudos.
"
robmafia wrote:
be china.

treat people terribly.

It's one thing if someone criticizes the Chinese Government. Heck, I've got Chinese friends that live in America that criticize the government. That's way different than all of the racism crap I read on here.....
I don't care either way. I quit investing in GGG when they introduced the garbage Lab in to the game.

This acquisition is just another reason not to support them.
The Lab, making a great game good since 2016.
"
Mentoya wrote:
"
robmafia wrote:
be china.

treat people terribly.

It's one thing if someone criticizes the Chinese Government. Heck, I've got Chinese friends that live in America that criticize the government. That's way different than all of the racism crap I read on here.....

ok, well...

the government is basically themselves. also, it's not the government that's using live turtles as keychains. for one of many, many, many examples.
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!
And for all of those who are saying "you are quitting poe" Put your money where your mouth is and offer people to message you on a first come first serve basis so that you can give all of your in game currency to them....Because if you don't do that, then you are just bullshitting with your "I'm quitting" comments, which I think 90% of the people who say "I'm quitting" are......You are quitting? then prove it!
"
robmafia wrote:
"
Mentoya wrote:
"
robmafia wrote:
be china.

treat people terribly.

ok, well...

the government is basically themselves. also, it's not the government that's using live turtles as keychains. for one of many, many, many examples.

I know China has lots of problems and there are many sick people who mistreat/kill innocent animals/pets there....But some poeple seem to think that applies to "ALL" Chinese people" and that's simply not the case. I mostly read this on in-game chat, because people know it's harder to monitor and most people don't report it....

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info