Tencent has Invested in Grinding Gear Games

Poll/Question

If you were in Chris Wilsons shoes what would the price be for you to take this deal as we know it.

How to give up primary ownership of your company but maintain creative control?

Why? I always liked GGG being a singular thing, liked to support it too (ofc you buy mtx to look cool, but in the back of your mind those prices were easier to justify, because you knew you were supporting what started out as an indie game basically and grew. I like PoE because it's deep and knowledge based and i loathe games being dumbed down to the lowest common denominator, just to pull in more people. Could have just kept going with simpler leagues etc instead of this whole "we must do greater and greater things in every patch" mentality.

/sigh

dodgy news...
Quit after Legion, rejoined PoE to see what the game's like now in 3.12.
"
xX999Xx wrote:

You know that there are many people in here, that are buying almost nothing out of China? You know that there exist some people who try to buy locally as good as possible?

Dont presume that everyone is like yourself...

what's your problem with China, anyway?

What's the matter with who is earning your money, if they are making good stuff to you use?

Take a look on your shoes, your nike shox is 90% made on China or Vietnan ( by the way, ruled from Chinese companys ). So what?
My end, it justifies my means,
All I ever do is delay,
My every attempt to evade,
The end of the road
And my end....
"
harddaysnight wrote:

Of course money goes to China, but I avoid it as much as possible. With POE I have a choice, so I won't be spending any more money on this game.

Another China hater.

What's that guys? Xenophobia? What's the problem u guys have with Chinese people?

They work hard and they need food and money to live as you do.

omg.
All I ever do is delay,
The end of the road
And my end....
Last edited by imLuCaSsS on May 21, 2018, 8:47:46 PM
Hi GGG,

As everyone has already said, I find this somewhat concerning, though I would like to congratulate you guys and I hope for the best.

One of the things going through my mind the most is, "Why did they bother to do this at all?" What is the reason and benefit? It seems like you guys have tons of support and money and have only been expanding. So what is the main draw?

I sincerely hope this goes as GGG thinks it will and the game will Thrive as it has been. In my mind, GGG made one of the best games of all time, and arguably the best Iso loot based ARPG of all time. Of course Diablo II holds a special place in my heart, but PoE is amazing.

Best of luck!
"
"
Mentoya wrote:
"
Xeian wrote:
I will never buy a single supporter pack anymore.

Who Fucking Cares!!!!!!!

You should, as supporters enabled the development of the game you now enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU SHOUKD FUCKING CARE!!!!!!!!!!!

Thick af

All of you bashing passionate fans upset about a major change they were under the impression they were helping to combat by purchasing micros, need to get off it, this isn't a popular decision, stop flaming people for letting the developers know how they feel

Wrong! because my life revolves more than just POE..... Plus, how can GGG stay true to their word on not making this be Play To Win, if people aren't buying supporter packs/stash tabs, character slots etc.. anymore? You then "force" the company to adopt a play to win model if nobody is buying supporter packs/MTX etc.... There has to be some income, right??? ........and then watch, those same people who stopped sending money to GGG will bitch, moan and complain, because GGG was no longer making any money on supporter packs, FORCING THEM to adopt another model for income..........and then all of the whiners and complainers will toot their horn, stating how they were right because GGG is now PLAY to WIN......But most of us non complainers will know better........
Ok
Path of Exile is life, just ask my Ex-Wife
Last edited by Krangled on May 21, 2018, 10:01:35 PM
If you don't do anything related to China you better grab your stuff and move yourself to the Moon or Mars.

Chinese market and companys are all over the world.

Just a tip. Find another planet! :D
All I ever do is delay,
The end of the road
And my end....
"
imLuCaSsS wrote:
"
harddaysnight wrote:

Of course money goes to China, but I avoid it as much as possible. With POE I have a choice, so I won't be spending any more money on this game.

Another China hater.

What's that guys? Xenophobia? What's the problem u guys have with Chinese people?

They work hard and they need food and money to live as you do.

omg.

I agree, I have a good friend that's Chinese that played the game for a long time, and he quit the game because there's so much hate and racism against the Chinese on this forum and in game chat that it's downright sickening.........
My only wish is that they also make PoE available thru steam. (Here in SEA) coz there's also PoE in shitty garena, but I play the international one. Would be great to see PoE in my steam collection and track the my playtime

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info