Incursion League FAQ

Looks cool, will enjoy it
Half of questions - old and already answered on reddit 999 times. So...kinda lame and boring post.
Need other,new, info.
I'm confident that this league will be excellent and that my current PC will fall behind and not be able to really play at all.

Have fun, guys.
Less Whining More Grinding
"
JoeShmo wrote:
I really hope there's not an emphasis on having to complete things in order to get any rewards, like one of the questions asked that was swiftly sidestepped by it's answer. IE, all loot isn't funneled into the fountain at the end of either incursions or temple, and you can get loot off the "event" / enemies you kill / chests you find / etc. along the way.

If this ends up being an "all or nothing" event, then it's going to be even worse than Abyss, which was already an "all or nothing" league in most regards.

I really wish they would have actually answered that question, and clearly, instead of stating the obvious that you'll get loot from fountains and "if you set up your rooms well". That not what the question was asking at all, or worried about.

Maybe a little more reading comprehension on your part maybe??

They were quite clear... When you go into each area there will be one Incursion basically.. You go in the Incursion and nothing drops till it ends, its timed, and the more shit you kill the more time you have, when the timer ends you are exited and upon exit your Loot Fountain will rain with ALL the Loot that Incursion and the mobs, chests, barrels, ect would have dropped but since its timed and killing shit is the key nothing drops so you can focus only on the task at hand.. kill as much shit as you can.. Simple as that. Very nice design choice i might add.

The Temple you can only enter after doing 11 of these Incursions.. Once 11 are done you can then go to the Temple, Work your way through the temple like any other map only the past 11 Incursions effect the rooms in your Temple, You run the temple and items drop as you go and completing certain rooms you will have made open to you in those Incursions will have chests or the room will be dedicated to certain loot in some cases (the chests will drop Maps in that Cartographers Room if you get it in your Temple for example), You complete the Temple by killing the Boss in the Apex of the Temple. Im quite sure he will have his own "Special" loot and shit.

You die or dont kill a lot of shit in Incursions dont expect a lot of Loot to fountain at the end...
Incursions are the only part that fountains to start with... Refer back to the idea you kill as much shit as possible to maximize the end fountain. and yes the fountain is at the end of each Incursion.. Likewise the Temple everything drops as normal with the point being to explore all the rooms you unlocked and if for some reason you can not complete the Temple then you leave it and go out and do 11 more Incursions and try again in another. ALL this information is pretty clearly written right there.. same shit you read.

The ONLY question they didn't "Clearly" answer and in their defense it was also never outright asked either.. What happens when you die in the Temple? Is it a one shot deal like Lab? Do you get 6 portals or something once you enter the Temple? Thats the only question i still have.. Im gonna assume though since one question kinda answers it.. If you go in the Temple and Leave you reset the Temple to make a new one with next 11 new Incursions so that leads me to believe that it is indeed a one shot deal.. You die in the Temple you most likely get ported back to town and have to do the 11 more Incursions to make a new Temple to try and complete. So in that regard no if you dont kill the boss dont expect his final loot.. But like they also said if you make your Temple correctly when doing your 11 Incursions you can actually create rooms that have potential to drop MORE Loot than the boss itself in the Temple.. so theres that.
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
"
DrAssclown wrote:
How about you start making every new league like the current flashback event. Every area has previous 3 leagues activated and always has the current league in every area. It solves the problem of players who dont like the league still have other things to enjoy.

Great idea!!!
"
Drimli wrote:
To me this again sounds very confusing i hope it will be easier to understand when the league starts... I never fully understood Bestiary league and i ended up just ignoring it because it was too complicated... please make the next leagues easy to understand and interact with GGG. Or at least make a VERY! easy to understand guide so everyone can take part of the league mechanics and not just the smartest 5% of players.

Commit some time and try to understand it then.. don't be lazy and label yourself as not smart, put some effort in the game and in yourself as with understanding things that are complex to you, in some time you will be able to understand even more complex things and it will come more easly, but its need your effort.

Guys im triggered becouse many of you didnt read what Bex have written or didnt watch the trailer and comment here waiting to get answers on silver plate!

How I understand typical run
(explained with details!) (READ many answers for your questions are here!) :

1. You meet the new npc in EVERY zone above the coast (including maps, excluding masters missions).

2. You enter the portal the npc had open to you. Now you are in the past when your temple was abut to be design. Timer appear which time increase as you kills monsters. In this area all items dropped by monsters appear after you leave instance. If you get enough time, you will met two architects. One wants to build a kitchen and the second a bathroom. You decide witch one to kill, becouse it affect your temple design in nowdays. Do you understands that if you travel back in time and kill architect who have wanted to build bathroom then in nowdays you will not have bathroom?? If your time runs up and you will not kill any architect then your future temple will not have any of this rooms, becouse architects couldnt agree and didnt build anything, ok?
There can be closed door(s) somwhere in that area which you also need to open, then they will be opened in your future temple and let in your next rooms. So thats the incursion stage.

3. Now that incursion happend to you 11 times in total. Lets say 3 times in friday (becouse you only played 20 min), 4 times in saturday (becouse you only played 30 min) and 4 times in sunday. In 3 runs you didnt get to architect, in next 4 you choose diffrent architect to save which you havent saved ever before(save means you kill the other one), so your future temple is going to have 4 diffrent rooms (kids room, kitchen, diner room and living room (you dont have bathroom becouse you killed that architect, remembr?)). In sunday you started to met in incursions architects that you let live before, then you decide to let live the one who design kitchen (lets name it Bob) becouse in kitchen you can find breach splinters and you want more splinters. In next incursion you met Bob again and let him live again. Every time you let live Bob he upgraded your kitchen to max 3 times. So from 11 incursions you faild 3, 4 times choose diffrent room(kids room, kitchen, diner room and living room) and 2 times let live bob thats 11-3-4-2=2. For the two last incursions you let live Koopa who upgraded kids room and let live Mario who upgraded your living room. Thats total 11.

4. After each incursion you came back to nowdays to normal campagin playthrough, but you completed 11 of them so you are able to find and open your designed through incursions temple. I dont know if npc open portals to it or she gives you a map to open it, but you will have 6 portals to it.

5. a) You enter the temple, but thinks that temple without bathroom is not a good idea so you leave it (just ignore portals like of typical map) and try through next 11 incursions design a temple wchich would fulfill your needs (I hope you noticed the allegory that temple which not fulfill your needs is a temple which doesnt have rooms with rewards you wanted, becouse of randoming or your wrong decisions(maybe you should kill Bob and let the other architect design bathroom) or your died in incursion portal so you couldnt complete it)
b) You thinks that temple without bathroom is exactly what you wanted and its worth your time to complete it. There is no timer in your temple. You can now visit your tier 3 (3 times upgraded) kitchen designed by Bob and tier 2 kids room and tier 2 living room and the fourth room tier 1. Do you see how tiers of yours rooms adds to total number of completed incursions (3+2+2+1=8)?

6.Now after your first temple you learnd that t3 kitchen is very profitable so you will always let live Bob, but kids rooms was not that good so you will be always kill its architect Koopa.

So its not all or nothing becouse you will complete some incursions and get some guaranteed rewards from temple.

There is probably some more interactions which i havent noticed, but thats roughly the typical run.
Last edited by Koscigrob on May 14, 2018, 9:11:49 AM
Clear and fast answers for us plebs who aren't on reddit 24/7; thanks. Vaal content looks super good and the personalised and less rng based rewards i can truly stand behind (spirit beasts 1 in 50 maps (after the buff from 1 in 300) on average without fail safe protection my ass, ssf in beastiary ftlor (lack of rewards)).

Performance question though; since it has more preloading and this game already has the unexplicable Disconnect (several times) On Login Support on most accounts active at all times; how will you respond to crashes and slow loading, taking the incursion timers and the fact that not everyone playing has a fast pc into account? I'm not a rich scrub but i like the game so yea.

Also: can we load into hideout straight from login screen? Other player mtx stacking in towns is too much for my pc and i don't even want to go to towns anymore when i reach maps.
and the challenges ?
"
Demonoz wrote:
"
JoeShmo wrote:
I really hope there's not an emphasis on having to complete things in order to get any rewards, like one of the questions asked that was swiftly sidestepped by it's answer. IE, all loot isn't funneled into the fountain at the end of either incursions or temple, and you can get loot off the "event" / enemies you kill / chests you find / etc. along the way.

If this ends up being an "all or nothing" event, then it's going to be even worse than Abyss, which was already an "all or nothing" league in most regards.

I really wish they would have actually answered that question, and clearly, instead of stating the obvious that you'll get loot from fountains and "if you set up your rooms well". That not what the question was asking at all, or worried about.

Maybe a little more reading comprehension on your part maybe??

They were quite clear... When you go into each area there will be one Incursion basically.. You go in the Incursion and nothing drops till it ends, its timed, and the more shit you kill the more time you have, when the timer ends you are exited and upon exit your Loot Fountain will rain with ALL the Loot that Incursion and the mobs, chests, barrels, ect would have dropped but since its timed and killing shit is the key nothing drops so you can focus only on the task at hand.. kill as much shit as you can.. Simple as that. Very nice design choice i might add.

The Temple you can only enter after doing 11 of these Incursions.. Once 11 are done you can then go to the Temple, Work your way through the temple like any other map only the past 11 Incursions effect the rooms in your Temple, You run the temple and items drop as you go and completing certain rooms you will have made open to you in those Incursions will have chests or the room will be dedicated to certain loot in some cases (the chests will drop Maps in that Cartographers Room if you get it in your Temple for example), You complete the Temple by killing the Boss in the Apex of the Temple. Im quite sure he will have his own "Special" loot and shit.

You die or dont kill a lot of shit in Incursions dont expect a lot of Loot to fountain at the end...
Incursions are the only part that fountains to start with... Refer back to the idea you kill as much shit as possible to maximize the end fountain. and yes the fountain is at the end of each Incursion.. Likewise the Temple everything drops as normal with the point being to explore all the rooms you unlocked and if for some reason you can not complete the Temple then you leave it and go out and do 11 more Incursions and try again in another. ALL this information is pretty clearly written right there.. same shit you read.

The ONLY question they didn't "Clearly" answer and in their defense it was also never outright asked either.. What happens when you die in the Temple? Is it a one shot deal like Lab? Do you get 6 portals or something once you enter the Temple? Thats the only question i still have.. Im gonna assume though since one question kinda answers it.. If you go in the Temple and Leave you reset the Temple to make a new one with next 11 new Incursions so that leads me to believe that it is indeed a one shot deal.. You die in the Temple you most likely get ported back to town and have to do the 11 more Incursions to make a new Temple to try and complete. So in that regard no if you dont kill the boss dont expect his final loot.. But like they also said if you make your Temple correctly when doing your 11 Incursions you can actually create rooms that have potential to drop MORE Loot than the boss itself in the Temple.. so theres that.

The irony of talking about reading comprehension.....

1. Like I stated in my post, the question was about getting items outside of the very end of each instance, as I was also pointing out the very cryptic / vague statement about temple upgrading, and the answer didn't address it:

Do you only earn items once you've completed the whole Temple?
You'll get a fountain of items at the end of each Incursion and, if you're careful with your Temple upgrading, you can earn some very valuable rewards from the final Temple. It's a Treasure Temple, after all!

Your long form essay skipped over this entirely, and provided information that wasn't stated at all in any part of that Q&A post. It also provided information that wasn't even mentioned by me, like how incursions and the temple work; it's like I was getting an copy / paste PR answer from the Q&A itself, stating an out of context answer to a question not asked. So thank your for acting like a snob and pointing out that you didn't read anything of context.

Your post also didn't touch any of the points I brought up about even "IF" you only get loot at the very end, I would hope that this was not the case, ergo my "All or nothing" statements. Having loot only drop at the very end is a horrible idea, because of stability issues ( which is always a case for the first half of every league ), as well as circumstances where players just get snowballed by RNG and can't complete the instance.

It's one thing to just not get "as much" loot, it's another to not get ANY loot because the instance closes on you from a D/C , failed 6 portals, can't continue on, etc. etc. And god forbid you have troubles with several of your incursion runs, resulting in a horrible Temple run that you hate for even being there.

2. The one thing they did "Clearly" answer, was the thing you clearly missed, ironically.

Will my Incursion load with my map or area?
Yes, the Incursion is loaded as you enter an area. This means there are no loading screens before you enter an Incursion. However, when Alva spawns the final Temple, she opens six portals for you to enter where you will encounter a loading screen on your way there because it's a large, separate area.
Last edited by JoeShmo on May 14, 2018, 6:56:26 AM
This league smells better then Bestiary.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info