Incursion League FAQ

"
Tatherwood wrote:
Am I missing something, or is the most important question not in the faq?
Is it voided after it ends? Or is no league ever voided, only races? Sorry, still kinda new here.

Leagues are never voided so no worries there.

When Incursion League ends (Just as Bestiary is about to do) all your characters and your stash from the league will be sent to Standard. Your league stash tabs (once moved to Standard) become "remove only" so you don't effectively grow your stash capacity in Standard, but you're welcome to keep items in the tabs; If you remove an item from a "remove only" tab, you'll have to store it in one of your actual Standard tabs - Same goes for guild stash.
Thank you kindly for the reply ^^

And one more question, if I may. When a new league rolls around (maybe races too, I don't know), how do we know if that league's... eh... individualities... will be introduced to Standard?
Like, for example, there was a breach league and there ARE breaches in Standard, right? But the stuff from Bestiary won't be applied.

I read something in global about "if it's an expansion, it will be introduced to standard; if it's not, it won't". But how do we know if it's an expansion? Cause I'm not sure it says anything here in the FAQ or in the main post.
Renunciar a nuestros principios para ser aceptados, o arriesgarnos a vivir solos, siendo lo que somos...
"
Tatherwood wrote:
Thank you kindly for the reply ^^

And one more question, if I may. When a new league rolls around (maybe races too, I don't know), how do we know if that league's... eh... individualities... will be introduced to Standard?
Like, for example, there was a breach league and there ARE breaches in Standard, right? But the stuff from Bestiary won't be applied.

I read something in global about "if it's an expansion, it will be introduced to standard; if it's not, it won't". But how do we know if it's an expansion? Cause I'm not sure it says anything here in the FAQ or in the main post.

How can you tell the two apart? Well, GGG will tell us when an Expansion comes out. War of the Atlas was the most recent. Typically an expansion will add to or redesign fundamental mechanics of the game, while a league is a themed aside that appears in each zone/map.

First to address leagues: Generally, league mechanics will make it to 'standard' or the base/core game when the league ends. Bestiary was one of the few leagues where this has not been the case. Most leagues are 'tuned' during the first few weeks. It's not uncommon that there are complaints with new league mechanics. Bestiary specifically had a lot of hiccups; The blood alter had some very exploitable recipes, Necromancer Nets were introduced late to address issues where players would kill beasts they intended to capture... there's just a lot of things that GGG can't anticipate before tens of thousands of players are unleashed on the game.

Generally when a league becomes a part of the base game it does so in a 'scaled down' form. So for example; Breaches - Those used to appear in every zone during the league. Now as a part of the base game they only appear once every 5-8 maps. Same with Abyss. I don't think GGG could find a way to scale back Bestiary and still have any meaningful engagement with the blood alter (it was hard enough with multiple league mobs on every map, imagine once or twice every 10 maps ugh). Harbinger was the same; That league focused on map currencies that would be used for end game mapping. That couldn't be incorporated into the base game without disrupting the way the atlas was designed to be played (they kept annulment orbs tho). We never really know for sure how (if at all) a league will be incorporated into the base game and I don't think GGG knows ahead of time either. Leagues are kind of a fun way to stress test new ideas for the core game.

Second are Expansions - Those are in the core game/standard when they come out. So a good example was 3.0: The Fall of Oriath. 3.0 introduced a bunch of new acts to level through. In the past you would level through Acts 1-4 on normal, then Acts 1-4 on Cruel and then 1-4 on Merciless. Now we just have Acts 1-10 with no repeat on harder difficulties. So that went in to standard right away. At the same time as 3.0 was also the launch of Harbinger league. So If you played Standard in 3.0 you'd have access to the new expansion (Acts 1-10) but not the Harbinger League; you'd have to play the league for Harbinger stuff + the new acts. This was the confusing thing for a lot of players because when in giving feedback (criticism) on HARBINGER, you'd see a lot of people defending it with things that were part of the 3.0 expansion which was independent of Harbinger league so there's still a lot of vets who get these confused.
Whelp, once more, thank you kindly for the response. More than I asked for, really, which is always nice. Nothing bad comes from knowledge.

From what I gather, then, the people from Global were just being lazy. I mean, I asked "how do we know if whatever league is JUST league or expansion?", and the answer was "check website". Hence my confusion, because I came to the website, found the Incursion thread, the FAQ, and there was NO mention at all whether it was just league, expansion, or what.

Ty again ^^
Renunciar a nuestros principios para ser aceptados, o arriesgarnos a vivir solos, siendo lo que somos...
i still don’t know how to play this league since every portal only gaves you couple of seconds, did anyone alr reach the final temple? and how you able to reach there? Since i only left 7 times remaining...much appreciate if who can teach.
Ordinary Civilian.
It's nothing convoluted, really.

Killing lots of mobs inside the incursion gives you extra time. I believe if you kill them fast you're awarded more extra time.
Damaging an architect also gives you extra time, afaik.

So your problem is possibly that you're underleveld and/or undergeared.

Rule is simple: get in, make a beeline for the architect you want while killing nearby stuff, kill the architect, kill EVERYTHING in the room (in an efficient manner. Clockwise or counterclockwise, for example). Mobs have a chance of dropping a Stone of Passage, which you need to pick up and then click on one of the closed doors.
As I said, nothing COMPLICATED. Then again, if you're lacking dps you won't be able to kill fast enough, if you're lacking defense you'll die; so it can be a bit hard.

But don't worry too much. After you discover the temple, and do it, it resets, so you get another set of incursions for a new temple.
If you do incursions whilst in a map, say Strand for example, are the items which drop after completing the incursion based off the items that can drop from that map? So you can use incursions as extra mobs for farming Divination cards etc that drop in Strand? Or are they not part of that map's loot table please? :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info