Adder's Touch

"
alanhwung wrote:
umm
so,does spectral throw can make that chaos dot when cri?

Sure, as long as you use a dagger, of course.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Adder's Touch is Chaos Damage DOT
So it should work with group of nodes:
[7% inc chaos dmg]
[7% inc chaos dmg]
Corruption [8% inc DOT/18% inc chaos dmg]

I'm using Flicker, I have 95% crit chance.

But this nodes didnt change my dmg per hit tooltip.
So dont know if it works...

and if it works
how should look numbers.

I have for example 20 000 dmg per hit tooltip
800% crit multipler

Poison strikes with 10% of it so (2000dmg + 32%)x2 = 5280 additional dmg to mob in 2 seconds?

or this is not working at all ? :)
Rock is overpowered. Paper is fine. -Scissors

IGN:
Chucks_Left_Foot
Sklej_Pupe
Last edited by licho666 on Dec 22, 2013, 3:31:46 PM
"
licho666 wrote:
Adder's Touch is Chaos Damage DOT
So it should work with group of nodes:
[7% inc chaos dmg]
[7% inc chaos dmg]
Corruption [8% inc DOT/18% inc chaos dmg]

I'm using Flicker, I have 95% crit chance.

But this nodes didnt change my dmg per hit tooltip.
So dont know if it works...

and if it works
how should look numbers.

I have for example 20 000 dmg per hit tooltip
800% crit multipler

Poison strikes with 10% of it so (2000dmg + 32%)x2 = 5280 additional dmg to mob in 2 seconds?

or this is not working at all ? :)

Obviously, Adder's touch damage isnt added to tooltip, same as ignite damage isnt added to Fireball's tooltip :)

Poison works, and i am sure that those chaos damage nodes work for poison, too. But i dont think it's worth taking them, anyway. Too small DPS increase will be there, anyway. Those nodes are for abilities like Viper Strike.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Would a GGG_developer please confirm whether DoT/chaos passive nodes enhance Adder's Touch?

(I while keep bumping every hour until GGG_developer comments!)
🎈🤡LEGACY MINER & TRAPPER MIRROR SERVICE: 1713980🤡🎈
🎈🤡ETERNAL SUPPORTER UNIQUE: KAOM'S SPIRIT🎈Designer: IronVsWild🤡🎈
🎈🤡ETERNAL SUPPORTER SINCE APRIL 2012🤡🎈
🎈🤡IGN: CLOWNPOWDER & CLOWNLIVESMATTER🤡🎈
Last edited by Castablanca on Jan 11, 2014, 5:22:56 PM
Whether they do or not, it seems like a rather silly thing to build around - it's only 10% added damage on a crit.
My Keystone Ideas: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/744282
"
anubite wrote:
Whether they do or not, it seems like a rather silly thing to build around - it's only 10% added damage on a crit.

I still want to know for the sake of gameplay-mechanic-transparency.

Right now, i'm at 100k tooltip dps puncture.
per hit damage is pretty high, with 800+ crit multiplier.
if i crit, my phys damage dot from bleed will be sky high, so I've already invested points into the DoT buffs. If those point investments were to also enhance Adder's Touch... well, that would be cherry on top of the icing.
🎈🤡LEGACY MINER & TRAPPER MIRROR SERVICE: 1713980🤡🎈
🎈🤡ETERNAL SUPPORTER UNIQUE: KAOM'S SPIRIT🎈Designer: IronVsWild🤡🎈
🎈🤡ETERNAL SUPPORTER SINCE APRIL 2012🤡🎈
🎈🤡IGN: CLOWNPOWDER & CLOWNLIVESMATTER🤡🎈
Last edited by Castablanca on Jan 11, 2014, 5:51:36 PM
"
anubite wrote:

It works nice with the added over time chaos nodes. Let's say you do 1k damage and you have 1000 multiplier then you do 10000 damage plus 1000 for 2sec as poison then lets assume you have combined 100% (easier to get get than extra 100crit multi) over time nodes so instead of 1000 damager for 2sec you deal 2000 damager for 2sec that is 40% of crit damage in 2seconds while with extra 100% crit multiplier you would do 11000 damage in crit and that would result in 1100damager for 2sec's. Diminishing returns... if you are using adlers touch to boost your damage or even binos knife its better to stack overtime damage nodes than crit multipliers since overtime gives you bigger dps boost than other nodes.
"
It works nice with the added over time chaos nodes. Let's say you do 1k damage and you have 1000 multiplier then you do 10000 damage plus 1000 for 2sec as poison then lets assume you have combined 100% (easier to get get than extra 100crit multi) over time nodes so instead of 1000 damager for 2sec you deal 2000 damager for 2sec that is 40% of crit damage in 2seconds while with extra 100% crit multiplier you would do 11000 damage in crit and that would result in 1100damager for 2sec's. Diminishing returns... if you are using adlers touch to boost your damage or even binos knife its better to stack overtime damage nodes than crit multipliers since overtime gives you bigger dps boost than other nodes.

Your example only works if you attack once per second, assuming you care about your overall DPS and not just the DoT DPS. If you attack twice per second, then you do 22000 with additional 1100 DoT, increasing your DPS by 2100, already greater than the 1000 DPS increase from just stacking DoT nodes.

I'm experimenting with attacks that do BIG single instance of damage, like shield charge. With Bino's, the highest damage poison proliferates while I clear with reave to make sure mobs die within 2 seconds, which also gives a nice hp regen of 1000-3000hp/s with my otherwise mediocre gear.

The only reason to stack DoT nodes would, IMO, be to get more DoT for PVP or more regen with Bino's without increasing risk of one-shotting myself. Poison just doesn't do enough DPS to replace other mob clearing abilities. It does stack as an additional source of damage while you clear with something like reave or dual strike though.
-
Last edited by Wartz on Jun 1, 2014, 9:17:33 PM
i don't know if this is a bug but i have adders touch on my shadow (obv using daggers) and i was messing around with an ek trap when i noticed it seemed to apply poison on crits.

at first i thought it was just a glitch since it did phys damage or something but i went and picked up an ice spear and even its crits applied poison while i was wielding daggers. is that intentional?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info