Adder's Touch

If i'm using Spectral Throw + Cast on Crit + Fireball - this passive will be work on Fireball?
Aaron Ciccheli, a guy who made millions running Diablo and PoE RMT sites, owns a significant portion of GGG. How's that for a conflict of interest? 7.5% of your supporter pack money goes to this guy.
"
Pibadi wrote:
If i'm using Spectral Throw + Cast on Crit + Fireball - this passive will be work on Fireball?

If I'm reading this right:

"
Vipermagi wrote:
Spells are not Hits made 'with weapon X'. As such, Adder's Touch doesn't apply.

(before anyone asks: Serpent Stance applies to Spells because it's 'while wielding')

Then no. The passive only applies to the attack made with the dagger: Spectral Throw.
so adders touch is getting buffed on tomorrows patch or no?

pd: can AT crit?
IGN: kjksdajk
Last edited by kjhgfdsa on Nov 26, 2013, 10:57:32 AM
"
kjhgfdsa wrote:

It cant crit because it's DOT.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
"
kjhgfdsa wrote:

It cant crit because it's DOT.
Technically speaking it can't crit because it is an effect applied by a crit that does not have a crit chance.

Though yah... DoTs don't crit.
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
Now I ask myself: how does the 1.0.2 DoT dmg changes affect Adder's Touch? Is there any scaling done here or not?
I hope Adders Touch will receive some benefit from the new patch.
This key stone is so neglected i barely even knew this thing existed -.-'
"
darklordof1 wrote:
I hope Adders Touch will receive some benefit from the new patch.
This key stone is so neglected i barely even knew this thing existed -.-'

It's not neglected if you think about the Crit Multiplier. 66% is huge. Consider that the base Multiplier is 1.5. 1,5*1,66 is 2,49. That means you deal 250% instead of 150% with your crits, from one passive. The points used up until Adder's Touch are quite nice too.

But yeah, I'd love to know how the new patch touches this node.
"
Tompa974 wrote:

But yeah, I'd love to know how the new patch touches this node.

It should but it's hard to check.

However, DoT changes are pretty irrelevant on adder's touch, the only things that can boost it currently are quality bonus on added chaos and AoE boosts if you use it with splash, and even if you manage to boost it by, say, 50% that't still only 15% of your hit damage per second instead of 10%. No DoT change can make adder damage meaningful without breaking viper, so adder will remain just a flavor addon until its base damage is boosted.

It would probably be best if it didn't do damage at all but, for instance, reduced target's stats. 10% attack and damage penalty on affected target for 2 seconds sounds much better than what it currently does, especially since dagger builds don't have as many sound defense options.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Dec 7, 2013, 9:57:00 AM
umm
so,does spectral throw can make that chaos dot when cri?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info