Adder's Touch

Deals chaos damage equal to 10% of the damage done by the hit per second, for 2 seconds.

EDIT:Yes, chaos damage - clarified my description.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Mar 10, 2012, 9:07:00 PM
"
UristMcDwarfy wrote:
Hmmm. I'm guessing the buff/debuff duration passives work with this, but the skill duration passives don't?
For future reference, this can't happen. Buff/Debuff durations apply to buffs/debuffs applied by skills, and it's not possible for them to be applied without skill duration also being applied.

The poison in this case is treated as a status effect like burning, so is not affected, although it could technically be called a "debuff".
"
Azhubham wrote:
Also.. does the dot's damage-mechanics work similar to fire damage dealt over time (burning-ailment) if reapplied multiple times in a row?
No, each instance replaces all previous instances of it. Also, it's the same poison as poison arrow creates, so it replaces that too.
"
Azhubham wrote:
My reasoning is that I guess the dot ticks once at the end of each of the two seconds of its total duration.
This is false. The dot, and all affects happening over time life that, are updated every game engine frame, pretty much as often as they can be. They aren't locked to a specific time, except for some exceptions.
The only exception I can think of at the moment is auras, which only recheck which things have moved in/out of range ever 0.25 seconds, because that's a moderately expensive operation and doing it that often still gives pretty good results due to things not moving fast enough for it to be a problem.

Basically, every time the game engine knows some time has passed, the correct amount of damage is applied.

"
Azhubham wrote:
Edit: I hope you don't mind the 'interrogation' :)
I never mind answering questions about this stuff.
"
Aruken wrote:
So Mark sorry i did not understood your last answer :s
About this :

"
Assuming one does attack the same target more than once a second, does the dot even tick once as long as the attack is sustained?
The dot does not have defined points at which it 'ticks'.
It's actually dealing damage over time constantly, not dealing on second's worth of damage every second or anything like that. If time is passing, the thing is taking damage. It's not possible to attack again before they take damage because your attacks take at least some time.
"
Autocthon wrote:
A really basic question but one that makes a big difference: Is elemental damage from the hit counted as part of the total damage?
Yes, it's all damage dealt by the hit.
"
lukeiy wrote:
Please add a visual effect to this skill if possible! At the moment I still don't know when it's working/how long it's working for/how much damage it is doing.
There is a visual effect on the poisoned enemies.
"
Strill wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
For future reference, this can't happen. Buff/Debuff durations apply to buffs/debuffs applied by skills, and it's not possible for them to be applied without skill duration also being applied.
That really REALLY needs to be specified on those mods. It needs to say +x% Buff/Debuff Duration from Skills.
That seems reasonable. I'll make that change, thanks for the suggestion.
"
Dregos wrote:
I assume it stacks with Viper Strike poison?
Poison stacks with Viper Strike charges, yes. Poison from Poison Arrow and from Adder's Touch are the same debuff, and will not stack.
"
Skol wrote:
Hi all, quick question regarding the usefulness of this passive for my lightning strike shadow: can the DoT be applied to MULTIPLE mobs (e.g. from the PROJECTILE of my lightning strike attack)?
It will apply to anything taking critical weapon damage from a dagger. This includes anything you hit with a critical lightning strike (projectiles or melee).
"
Vinifera7 wrote:
1. Why doesn't poison work like ignite and always give you the best DPS possible?
Because Poison arrow's cloud initially worked by applying the debuff to anything in range every x milliseconds. It would have caused anything in the cloud to be counting thousands of unused buffs if they stacked up, it worked because each replaced the last.
Poison arrow now works using ground effect/aura tech (we didn't have that when it was implemented), which requires that it does work like ignite (or just stack and have all active at once). So in the modern game, Poison arrow, just like ignite, maintains all the buffs but lets only the strongest be active at any given time.

"
Vinifera7 wrote:
2. If a monster is standing inside of a poison cloud from Poison Arrow, and is then poisoned by Adder's Touch, won't the poison cloud just instantly re-override the effect from Adder's Touch?
Previously, yes. Since 0.9.12 when poison arrow was changed, no.
Both are applying poison, just as a crit with fire damage and a burn proliferated from a nearby ally are both applying burn. Multiple instances of poison do not stack.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info