FYI: Chris is not involved in balancing and hasn't played Uber Elder

"
frenzul wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
This post says a lot more about you than it does about Chris.

wtb Like button

Same.

- - - -

People tend to recognise names and decide for themselves whose posts are worth reading.

I know that I do.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
"
suszterpatt wrote:

Maybe that is one of the reasons why the Q&A/balance team, which is apparently one of the best in the biz, still makes gross mistakes every league and the balance of this game has been getting worse every year, not better. They don't report to CEO and CEO doesn't bother to understand what they do.

I don't blame Chris though - I don't understand any of the balancing stuff either. PoE is now a game that has reached balance nirvana where ranged builds play in melee, and melee builds are now focused on building totems / more projectiles / range.

Uber Elder apparently was so hard that no one at GGG had been able to complete. Yikes. Like how is that even possible? Yes, it's a challenging fight. But I expect best in the biz Q&A/balance team to be testing this stuff on many builds and be able to do these fights - it's not like they have to make a character from level 1 to test Uber Elder every time. Can't they create a test environment with unlimited attempts and unlimited access to gear to try different builds? No one tried a Righteous Fire build? Yes it also makes sense to me that on a degen filled boss fight you don't even try a high regen build.

Like really, is GGG that bad at their own game? There's a vid of someone on 4.2k hp doing Uber Elder with TS. Someone killed Uber Elder on my build barely 2 weeks into Bestiary. And ofc some people are fighting twinned Uber Elder quite easily with Zerphi's - yes the Zerphi's that the devs "re-balanced" in this same patch. Yikes man what a joke.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Apr 13, 2018, 3:54:42 AM
"
Ceryneian wrote:
"
suszterpatt wrote:

Maybe that is one of the reasons why the Q&A/balance team, which is apparently one of the best in the biz, still makes gross mistakes every league and the balance of this game has been getting worse every year, not better. They don't report to CEO and CEO doesn't bother to understand what they do.

I don't blame Chris though - I don't understand any of the balancing stuff either. PoE is now a game that has reached balance nirvana where ranged builds play in melee, and melee builds are now focused on building totems / more projectiles / range.

Uber Elder apparently was so hard that no one at GGG had been able to complete. Yikes. Like how is that even possible? Yes, it's a challenging fight. But I expect best in the biz Q&A/balance team to be testing this stuff on many builds and be able to do these fights - it's not like they have to make a character from level 1 to test Uber Elder every time. Can't they create a test environment with unlimited attempts and unlimited access to gear to try different builds? No one tried a Righteous Fire build? Yes it also makes sense to me that on a degen filled boss fight you don't even try a high regen build.

Like really, is GGG that bad at their own game? There's a vid of someone on 4.2k hp doing Uber Elder with TS. Someone killed Uber Elder on my build barely 2 weeks into Bestiary. And ofc some people are fighting twinned Uber Elder quite easily with Zerphi's - yes the Zerphi's that the devs "re-balanced" in this same patch. Yikes man what a joke.

LOL dude.

The game is pretty balanced atm.
There is many viable build to do big bosses and plenty of things to do.

Just remember some facts :
- the game doesn't revolve around the 0.1% nerds that plays 15 hours per day each days.
- a 50 ex+ build that can break the game doesn't mean this or this skill is op and need a nerf
- a very skilled player can kill Uber shaper with low gear doesn't mean everyone can do the same
- because some crazy Nolife can clean a league and challenges in one or two weeks doesn't mean the league is a fail or the balance of the game is broken

In every games there is some nolifer that will break it and clean it very fast.
Bro tips, it's not theese players who allow the game to leave and exist, it's the vast majority of average players that just want to play and have fun.

Atm you can play and a fun with a lot of builds and items. Just because some items can destroy the whole content doesn't mean all people will play this specific setup and break the game.
Sadly the game DOES center around the nerds that play 18 hours a day and pee in a bucket under their desk. GGG only cares about their precious streamers, thats why they get their own rng and 1st say on everything, kinda like their brilliant idea to nerf exp b/c lv100 was "too easy".
"
JCOH35 wrote:
Sadly the game DOES center around the nerds that play 18 hours a day and pee in a bucket under their desk. GGG only cares about their precious streamers, thats why they get their own rng and 1st say on everything, kinda like their brilliant idea to nerf exp b/c lv100 was "too easy".

...you, erm....you...think streamer RNG is real?

did you forget a /s or do you believe the Earth is flat?
It's better to be Lucky, than Good
"
suszterpatt wrote:

Thanks for letting us know, that you have no clue how to run a company larger than 10-20 people. xD

Had a good laugh

Find me one CEO of a medium sized company who´s involved in every single aspect of the companies business.
I´ll wait
Obviously, Chris doesn't have to play his own game.

However, I wish that he would, and not in short bursts, but over a certain period of time (at least a month or two), trying to reach end game from zero. I think it would be a great experience for him to get a couple instance crashes in a guardian fight or shaper fight, get lag killed in an uber trap, get killed before you see the attack due to lag (even though your ping is around 10-20), enjoy the epic loot (read: 2 worthless rares and a bunch of blues) from a t15 boss with a bunch of invul phases and long animations like Kitava, whisper 10+ people trying to buy a map, take the RNG journey towards Uber Elder...

I think the game would see some changes after that.

EDIT Small P.S.
https://youtu.be/97SskaQuijo?t=1m5s (time code 1.05) - well, guess it's reality rather than a joke now after about 6 years.
Last edited by MECHanokl on Apr 13, 2018, 8:37:15 AM
I'd be willing to bet the OP hasn't ever played uber elder either. Why make thinly veiled cry threads about the balance of content you'll never reach?
"You want it to be one way, but it's the other way"
Don't care about Chris. I'm more interested in the person in charge of QA/balance teams so that I can direct my hatemail to the correct address.

The only scenario where I'd care about Chris' job is if the QA/balance issues were due to the team developing new content failing to deliver the content to QA/balance in time, making QA/balance rush their job in order to get everything out in time for a new league.
"
dudiobugtron wrote:
"
suszterpatt wrote:
Where did you get "clear intent to defame" from?

In law, you can't defame someone if your claim is true.
But in common usage, 'defame' just requires you to be trying to damage someone's reputation. It's clear to many people in the thread that you were trying to damage Chris' reputation. (Even if secretly you think you weren't actually trying to do that, it's still clear to many people that you were.)

It's very clear that some people think I was trying to "damage Chris' reputation". What's entirely unclear to me is why people came to that conclusion, considering there was nothing in my post to that effect.

So I'll ask again: where did you get "clear intent to damage Chris' reputation" from?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info