FYI: Chris is not involved in balancing and hasn't played Uber Elder

Chris Wilson is out of touch with the game?? say it aint so.

Been saying it for ages.
"
suszterpatt wrote:
Clearly, in lieu of a comment of my own, some people are very keen to invent one for me. Pray tell, what is the message I was trying to pass?

Just as 'a picture is worth a thousand words', context is worth at least half that number.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last edited by cipher_nemo on Apr 12, 2018, 8:45:24 PM
"
鬼殺し wrote:
'No comment' is a comment.

'No comment' following the selective quotation of someone with the clear intent to defame them is an attempt at indictment.

It's time to play the 'I was just kidding, guys, lol can't u take a joke' card. It's all you have left.

Where did you get "clear intent to defame" from?
"
suszterpatt wrote:
Where did you get "clear intent to defame" from?

In law, you can't defame someone if your claim is true.
But in common usage, 'defame' just requires you to be trying to damage someone's reputation. It's clear to many people in the thread that you were trying to damage Chris' reputation. (Even if secretly you think you weren't actually trying to do that, it's still clear to many people that you were.)
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
Last edited by dudiobugtron on Apr 12, 2018, 9:26:30 PM
and steve jobs didnt know how to code

so what?

it wasnt his job.

also

uber isnt overtuned at all

plenty of builds can kill him.

some even on a sub 10ex budget.

it's supposed to be hard, but nothing about it is overtuned.
Last edited by shaunika90 on Apr 12, 2018, 10:50:01 PM
As much as id like to complain about uber elder being overtuned I honestly dont know if it is b/c I will never get to fight him since GGG thinks its ok to gate the main story line behind RNG.

I along with many others killed the elder in the 1st two days of the war for the atlas expansion, I was in pretty early farming elder/shaped items etc and I still have yet to spawn him on a tier 15 for my last fragment.

Between that BS and this league im on the edge of moving on, im waiting to see the full details on 3.3 before I rush to any decisions but if it stays like this and bestiary is rolled into the core game as is then id rather play diablo 3 or the arpg thats been in alpha for like 7 years.
Last edited by JCOH35 on Apr 12, 2018, 10:45:49 PM
GGG has to have a test server/system where they can test specific scenarios in game with specific builds/setups without actually grinding for it. Otherwise, who would have time for balancing?

Chris could likely copy-paste an above average build and try his mettle with uber elder on a test server.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Apr 12, 2018, 10:56:45 PM
"
suszterpatt wrote:

wait a second!? a leader can't delegate task to his employees to do the work??

WHAT IS GOING ON!?
Seems fine to me, good there trying something different with the alpha testing next league.
"
JCOH35 wrote:
As much as id like to complain about...

This sentence right here, sums up these forums pretty well.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info