Rework the Eradicator

I had the same thing happen that RogueMage and JohnKeys describe, beat him and nothing changed on the map (yellow), 3 portals left, nothing there. A couple weeks ago, someone else mentioned this, said it was a Slayer, like my character, and he thought it had something to do with Culling Strike. I dunno, my Slayer was my only character to go in the map, this boss is definitely a pain.
Not commenting on eradicator, but the way you phrased it made it look attractive to the game. Have some bosses to challenge builds that rely on quickly oneshotting whatever they are up against to bypass getting defenses.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Apr 21, 2018, 9:55:04 PM
Really pissed off by this shitty boss. Remove it or rework it completely.
He's the Eradicator. He's eradicating. Seems fair enough.
Most of the new fights are very poorly designed. No idea how eradicator made it live. No tester would face him and say, "ya that was fun".
"
Chadwixx wrote:
Most of the new fights are very poorly designed. No idea how eradicator made it live. No tester would face him and say, "ya that was fun".

:D yeah exactly
Sort this bullshit fight out already.

I die to this guy 10 times every time I want to do elder, it's ridiculous. I avoid all the abilities, keep my flasks up, take my time then BOOM 5k instakill from nowhere,
- or he spent so long flying around immune I just bleed down from random shit flying everywhere
- or he sits in a tiny room full of shit on the floor so I cant even enter for 40s, all the while bombarding me with lightning shit.

Sort it out already.

As you can tell I'm rather irritated by such a poorly designed piece of shit excuse for a boss.
I don't care about the exp, or the extra map, what pisses me off is that 9/10 times I die, I see no feasible way for me to have avoided it, it's just shit design.

The only time he dies reasonably (even then its hit and miss) is when I outgear is by a ridiculous amount, and the phase only lasts a few seconds i.e last season i played, or on standard.
Last edited by Chalace2 on Jul 9, 2018, 4:01:40 AM
Agreed, he's really overtuned compared to the other guardians. I haven't fought Elder yet so can't compare the two, but with my lv94 Jugg in Std SSF I fought all guardians first time, blind (Elder spawned in T11) and Eradicator killed me 3 times, and I had no portals left .
I kept him last - heard he was tougher than the others - but when I did the other 3 with only 1 death total I thought I had enough room for errors... wrong.
Will try again as soon as his maps drop, or Zana sells.
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018
I think Eradicator is just fine. It must be more challenging than regular map bosses it's completely normal.

What abnormal is other guardians. They are way way easier than eradicator even elder may be..

They need to get buff to be as challenging as eradicator.

So stop being a Blizzard crybaby.
Eradicator drained my life flasks until I died several times before I wized up. The trick is that he's all about Lightning spells, and you take up to 50% MORE damage when you get shocked. There are two good ways to mitigate it: Purity of Lightning (+41% L-resist and +4% to the cap) and Saffell's Frame Unique Shield (+10% all-resist and +4% to the caps). Either can be installed in your weapon swap, depending on your build. Saffell's Frame is perfect for blocking Eradicator's lightning spells, and its inability to block attacks is irrelevant. I swapped out Sentari's Answer for Saffell's Frame and went to town on Eradicator, beating him down while taking hardly a scratch.
Last edited by RogueMage on Jul 9, 2018, 9:49:10 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info