Rework the Eradicator

Hi

I dont know whos idea was to put a boss in the game which can attack you, but you cant attack him, but pls rework that, becouse it s not fun, nor challenging, its annoying, and unfair against builds that dont have life regen, the same goes for rigwald, except he performs only melee attacks in that phase, not ranged attacks with large aoe, like the eradicator, and rigwald has a large arena you can kite him in. pls rework the eradicator, becouse it ruins the game.

also pls remove the reflect aura on the boss at the racecourse map.
Last edited by Fracture333 on Apr 22, 2018, 6:48:51 AM
Last bumped on Oct 31, 2018, 7:26:21 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Heck yes.

I just fought him in a yellow map. he's invulnerable for more than half of the fight I'm not even kidding, and his lightning storm can hit over 5k in very rapid succession through ~70 lightning res.
RIP.

this guy is harder than Elder or pretty much any red tier map boss, and not in a good way.
just "bam! you're dead where you stood" without being able to dodge, or to fight back.

please nerf the fuck out of this "god mode" mother****!
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Apr 7, 2018, 7:42:44 AM
I agree he ends up being harder than elder.

I'm fine with the fight mechanic, it's workable, annoying but work able.

I do however wish his invulnerable phases had more adds so you could sustain, or use the time to refill pots, and yeah there are the few tenacle guys but it needs to be more than that.

That way i have to dodge kill the adds etc, which will be more of a fight than just hold my right mouse button down.

I like challenging fights and he is actually one that is. So i like him to stay, but he does need a bit of balance, to allow more builds the ability to do more than just leroy jenkins 6 portals on him.

Reflect aura on racecourse can be seen if you actually pay attention and not mindlessly attack. If a reflect need to be removed is the one from leutenant of rage in uber lab because that shit is really diffucult to see and will instanly one shot you.

Erradicator definitely needs to be toned down. Right now he's much harder than the elder himself.
"In this game you're just a cow being milked, not a human being entertained" - Kiss_Me_Quick
I just swap as much dps gear as I can for Eradicator fights and pray to kill him before I die. Mostly works out.

It's the only fight in the entire game that I consider too random with a frustratingly long invulnerability phase to learn.
i killed him in a tier 10 yellow map without any issues,but died to yellow elder so i dont think he's harder than elder,it mostly depends on your build i guess.
"
i killed him in a tier 10 yellow map without any issues,but died to yellow elder so i dont think he's harder than elder,it mostly depends on your build i guess.

tier 10 is not a problem, i got the eridicator for a t14 acid lakes, and so far i couldnt complete it, and i could do a double core boss with boss life, 100%+ extra fire dmg and minus max resists no problem, this is the only boss, i cannot do shit with.
Last edited by Fracture333 on Apr 7, 2018, 1:06:47 PM
Yeahhhh eradicator is dogshit, hes way harder than any other gaurdian. it doesn't matter what build im playing. For melee builds he is a nightmare, you barely get any openings to attack him. This video sums it up nicely, although its a bit long https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTwuJYPl3Mg&t=7s
Well, let's face it, the invulnerability phases are here to stay, unfortunately.

I do not think ANYONE who plays likes them, but they are not removing them now and I would not be surprised to see new bosses continue to have them. It is the one design base that GGG can use to make sure you take 45 seconds to kill a boss instead of 4.5.

The Eradicator fight is fraught with this issue compounded by a bunch more. The isometric view of this game makes the mechanic of a boss rising up and then raining down damage difficult to deal with. Shavronne starts doing this in some forms and it is stupid as well. The Brine King fight suffers from a similar view point challenge compounded by a tiny area of which you can only see about 30% of it.

But I digress.

The Eradicator also has rapid, huge AOE attacks that to a certain point almost feel impossible to avoid. (I know, git gud).

At any rate, I feel this guardian needs tuning as well.
Hes overtuned VS his 3 counterparts for sure.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info