Rework the Eradicator

While true that invulnerability phase design adds some spice to the fight, it can't be everywhere. Because it soon turns into a chore instead.
And is a symptom of lack of creativity and design skills.

There's definitely a new guy in the office - bullet hell and invulnerability phases started simultaneously and were frenetically overused since.
Someone should tell him to calm down, it's about time.

According to the Eradicator. I've fought him once, didn't experience much troubles playing with a max block char. But fight is definitely a clusterfuck of particles flying around, invulnerability phases don't make it better, I can imagine that chars without damage avoidance feel bad - his hits are hard to dodge.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Last edited by torturo on Apr 18, 2018, 5:53:57 AM
"
Hes overtuned VS his 3 counterparts for sure.

This.

But then most of the lightning bosses are kinda over tuned anyway (like breach bosses as well)
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
Fracture333 wrote:
the same goes for rigwald. pls rework it, becouse it ruins the game.

Rigwald is not an issue, it's very easy when you know the fight, even without regen.

"
Fracture333 wrote:
also pls remove the reflect aura on the boss at the racecourse map.

Lol I didn't even notice there is a reflect aura
Last edited by AsbelFar on Apr 18, 2018, 7:03:40 AM
Fought it yesterday on T15 map, with lvl. 86 ascendant. Killed me once, due to invulnerable phases. Flask was empty, life regen insufficient and I was unable to leech life from that thing, as it was untouchable. Definitely more annoying fight then T16 vaaled Hydra i fought just after, deathless. Not hard, just… annoying. All the time I was thinking, "eh, some guy was too lazy to properly balance the enemy, so he came up with this crap." I played a character specially designed for Shaper killing and the impression the whole struggle made on me was ... repulsive. I knew that I would manage, I did not feel threatened, all the time I was thinking only about how badly it was designed.
In most cases yeah 1k hour balance team and going yeah this is bad ass people are going to LOVE this.

No guy nobody likes this.

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
In most cases yeah 1k hour balance team and going yeah this is bad ass people are going to LOVE this.

No guy nobody likes this.

Maybe this "1K hour balance team" in fact consists of 10 guys who played together for 100 hours, using "god mode", provided by the developer? In such case invulnerable phases looks like good fun, especially for such experienced players..
I don't mind him being invuln half the fight. I don't mind him having a massive lightning AOE that follows around the whole room. I mind him doing both these things back to back over and over leaving minimal opening to do damage while having to avoid a bullet hell while burning through flasks in a zone you can't TP out of to refill them all while he has 3 breakpoints where he will continue doing damage but not necessarily phase transition immediately (a la Izaro). The game is balanced around being able to TP out of a zone, except that falls on its face when you can't TP out of the zone. Yes, I can exit the game and rezone... is that really how we're going to treat these fights? Instead of using TPs you have to kill the game session? That seems immensely obtuse game design.

He should either spend 50% less time invuln, or the full-room tendril AOE thing should have a maximum cone width.
May all your rings be unique
Last edited by Orcasauce on Apr 18, 2018, 2:02:32 PM
I agree with OP. The other guardians were fun, fair fights. This one was disproportionately difficult and just not enjoyable.
Lavender or Leave.
PvPresident, 2016
//
You'd better run.
“EA is fine” -relith
Eradicator is not just a boring zerg fight, it's outright BROKEN. After I finally whipped the bastard, the Black Portal reopened back to the map, but NOTHING CHANGED. The deadbeat is still occupying the map and it's still Elder-influenced. We need a way to reset broken Guardian clusters and start over with a fresh Atlas.
"
RogueMage wrote:
Eradicator is not just a boring zerg fight, it's outright BROKEN. After I finally whipped the bastard, the Black Portal reopened back to the map, but NOTHING CHANGED. The deadbeat is still occupying the map and it's still Elder-influenced. We need a way to reset broken Guardian clusters and start over with a fresh Atlas.

Happened to me as well, a couple weeks ago.
I think you're supposed to beat him on the same character which triggered the fight (I switched), or it's just a bug like the entire bloody fight is a bug.

Now I beat him properly in a Yellow Map. last portal obviously, after the other guardians in same tier were deathless.

Elder is now butchering my Main Frost Blades Ranger. he's regenerating ES when I'm hitting him, and spams the freeze-drain attack which kills me every time. I can't do anything against it (Vaal Pact).
almost got him on the RF Templar though. got to the Portals phase on the last portal, and he got me with a tentacle whip after Shaper died.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Apr 20, 2018, 4:06:13 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info