[0.11.0] Etup's EK Build

Etup, I think thios question is unnecessary, but your dps of 6.6k is unbuffed certainly..?

Whats the dps buffed with full party?
Neurotypicals are the worst thing this planet ever experienced.
can you update your staff? curious to know what your dps is now
Domination - IGN: Fat_Camp
Standard - IGN: FrozenPatties
What do you think about EK dps compared to Freezing Pulse dps ?
Freezing pulse have projecliles,shock, that boost dps..
"
Jazo wrote:
What do you think about EK dps compared to Freezing Pulse dps ?
Freezing pulse have projecliles,shock, that boost dps..

General guideline:

DPS:
Freezing Pulse > EK

Survivability:
Freezing Pulse < EK
Ingame: Fasbi
How does EK beat FP in Survivability?
Maybe you can put this build on exilepro?

I think it is clearer to see then.
Ign: Stevii
Doing this build, being lvl 64 at the moment

no problems at all, just wondering one thing

in the guide is told to use fast projectiles, but add fire dmg gives me alot more extra dps

is there another reason besides dps why fast projectiles is advised?
It beats FP in survivability because you barely get any damage with EK, and most builds that use it are designed purely with survival in mind since the base skill has enough damage on its own. As one example, Krip has about 8k hp with his FP and kaoms while etup gets nearly 12k with koams, and a shit ton of armor to go with it. Either one will work though but if you are really looking for the survivability EK is the way to go.
ign: Maxvoobi Juggervoob
"
Solidwolf wrote:
Doing this build, being lvl 64 at the moment

no problems at all, just wondering one thing

in the guide is told to use fast projectiles, but add fire dmg gives me alot more extra dps

is there another reason besides dps why fast projectiles is advised?

Added Fire will give EK a higher 'listed' dps, but Faster Projectiles increases range or reach of the ability. That extra range is not only important for survivability, but also when used with projectile weakness it allows you to effectively AoE half the screen, which is going to total way more damage.

"
Maxv008 wrote:
It beats FP in survivability because you barely get any damage with EK, and most builds that use it are designed purely with survival in mind since the base skill has enough damage on its own. As one example, Krip has about 8k hp with his FP and kaoms while etup gets nearly 12k with koams, and a shit ton of armor to go with it. Either one will work though but if you are really looking for the survivability EK is the way to go.

The difference in life and survivability between Etup's and Krip's build has nothing to do with the primary skills they are using. Krip's build is a niche FP build designed around quality added lightning and shock stacking. Krip could have made a pure FP marauder and had similar life, armor, etc... or Etup could just switch his gems and use FP and still be very effective.

EK is the more offensive higher risk spell compared to Freezing Pulse. It has no fall off damage like FP and doesn't suffer from using it in a wide spread. EK scales better against mitigation not to mention there are far less instances of high physical resistant mobs, which in turn reduces it's dependency on a particular curse. Also, FP has significant disadvantages in narrow spaces and doorways because of its large projectiles that EK doesn't have.

The increased risk comes from reflect auras and the mechanical difference between elemental damage mitigation and physical damage mitigation. A player who has a 2k GMP (10k total) Freeze Pulse nukes an elemental reflect pack with 85 cold resist is getting tickled compared to a player who has an 8k EK nuking a physical reflect pack with as much as 20k armor. EK builds can one shot themselves where an equally defensive FP character couldn't.

Last edited by Hackusations on Apr 23, 2013, 9:52:41 PM
"

a player who has an 8k EK nuking a physical reflect pack with as much as 20k armor. EK builds can one shot themselves where an equally defensive FP character couldn't.

Things like this get said a lot. It's one of the main deterrents for me to start an EK toon.

However, after reading the whole thread and comprehending it, it seems like EK users can get around killing themselves in several ways.

Gem swapping on a reflect pack/map (in Added Fire/out Iron Will [or something like that]).
Enduring Cry (w/ extra charges)
High Armor
Resolute Technique (no more crits)

I want to know:

How difficult is it to manage and actively observe whether you're about to kill yourself.
Last edited by enemymigs on Apr 24, 2013, 1:57:09 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info